GDT: 5/19/18 - 7:15PM EDT - #1M Washington VS #1A Tampa Bay [ECF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Gonna kick @The Gongshow straight in the nuts because I had to finangle a way to post this from my phone

ruh-roh.png

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Tried to watch a stream that showed some horse thing. Bur finally found one that shows the game, but it wasn't easy.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
From the Series Talk thread. :)

Actually, I would love Sergy to be more like Heddy not only because he IS a rookie and has much to learn but I believe that Sergachev also has the natural talent to blossom into a Hedman-like top defender. :D But he's still only 19 so I don't expect as much out of him as I do out of McD.

McD is in his prime and has years of being the #1D on the Rangers. So it's not that I don't expect offensive help from him. His 4 points in 5 games vs NJ was great! And I do think he's definitely an important part of this team. I'm very happy that Yzerman got McD and think our blueline is much, much stronger because of it. Even with his occasional bonehead defensive plays/penalties, he's also done some terrific defensive plays too. His presence has also changed around the pairings so it's great to be able to see our third pairing come on the ice and not be filled with fear. :laugh:

I guess I want him to not feel like he has to be "the guy" like Heddy so that he takes stupid risks. I think McD needs to just play HIS brand of two way defending and not try to do everything himself like Heddy does/can. He's got a dependable, supportive partner in Strålman and the two of them have done some terrific work together in the first two series. When they trust each other and are in sync, they are a top shutdown pairing that gave Taylor Hall and the Bergeron/Pasternak/Marchand line fits and can occasionally bring some offense.

Here's hoping today's game brings some nice solid TEAM defense! :D
sorry thanks for writing you may not be the one doing this but I just thouht it's one thing to be crtical of one's play while it's totally anoter to be calling him Gretzky wannabe and interpret every mistake he makes in passin, shootin, clearing etc. a failure to be Gretzky.
Anyway Go Bolts!!!!

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
The horse thing directly preceded the game on NBC.
Yeah, I saw it now but when it was 7.15 and they were still showing things from it then I had no idea that would be the case. Oh well, all is good now and I can watch the game and I hopåe the team is as ready as I feel I am.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Man, what a crappy way to start, any elite team would have scored in 10 seconds, not 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad