GDT: 5/19/18 - 7:15PM EDT - #1M Washington VS #1A Tampa Bay [ECF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Need more from Points line, not the same without Palat. Making very little impact.

At the end of the day, just win

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
Girardi has had so many big blocks. He has a great feel for it. Every time I look up he’s getting a block. Well worth his contract this year. Of course, Cally, McD and others have blocked a lot of shots, too. But G stands out.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Some of you I guess weren't paying attention in 04 when we won the cup. That team also sat back and let the other team dictate play until it cost them in game 6 against Philly. Lesson learned. Game 7 they had the full court press up until the buzzer and they won. Are you all going to argue that Tort's told that team to hang back too? It's the players who ultimately dictate the pace, stop blaming Cooper.

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
A trip back to the finals is becoming a reality. 2 games left to get 1 win.
A trip to the finals is nice, but if we want to win the Cup, that abortion we watched tonight won't cut it. If by some miracle Wpeg comes back, we can hang with them because they play the way we do, but Vegas, buzzing around like a million f**king gnats and never quitting on any shift, they scare me. We just don't play full games the way they do.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
A trip to the finals is nice, but if we want to win the Cup, that abortion we watched tonight won't cut it. If by some miracle Wpeg comes back, we can hang with them because they play the way we do, but Vegas, buzzing around like a million f**king gnats and never quitting on any shift, they scare me. We just don't play full games the way they do.
If we played with the work ethic they do we’d be unstoppable.

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
Gourde has been the biggest disappointment for me of these playoffs, he has not been effective on that line at all. Swap him again
I agree for the most part, but, he's a rookie playing like a rookie in his first playoff appearance. Been watching Laine at all? He got a much stronger pedigree and he looks as lost as Gourde most of the time.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Abortion? You watched the 1st right? What do the Lightning need to do in order for people (not saying you in specific) to be satisfied? We're playing the freaking Caps. They are actively attempting to win and are going to make pushes back. Tonight was the epitome of a garbage time game. All the Lightning had to do was just not get hurt. The game was in the bag as soon as the 3rd goal was scored because no one was getting that much on Vasy with how dialed in he was tonight

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

The first 20 minutes and then score effects. I don't want to look ahead just yet.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Vasy is the reason we have a 3-2 series lead gutless hockey by this team and cooper in the 2nd and 3rd period . You can’t trap for 40 mins only up 3-1

giphy.gif

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
Abortion? You watched the 1st right? What do the Lightning need to do in order for people (not saying you in specific) to be satisfied? We're playing the freaking Caps. They are actively attempting to win and are going to make pushes back. Tonight was the epitome of a garbage time game. All the Lightning had to do was just not get hurt. The game was in the bag as soon as the 3rd goal was scored because no one was getting that much on Vasy with how dialed in he was tonight
Just a difference in philosophy, I guess. When you have a team on the run, you keep charging. I don't think anyone could argue that is what we even attempted to do. Do the Caps have talent and Ovie? Sure, but we've been watching inferior teams come back on us all season because we let them. That is the way I see it.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Loved the way this team played tonight. Gutsy effort. Hung tough and got the win. Excellent stuff. Might be my favorite win so far this postseason.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Sorry man, that is total BS. We have watched this team let other teams back into games all season long. You dance with the one that brung ya, and what brung us to where we are is a relentless, attacking O and forecheck. I won't go so far as to say TB wins despite Cooper, but they don't win because of him either. I could, any of us could, coach the talent on this team to 45 wins.
k

Reactions: pursuit81

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
The first 20 minutes and then score effects. I don't want to look ahead just yet.
A fair point about looking ahead, but I guess my point is, do any of us really care if we just win the Eastern Conference? I know I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->