GDT: 5/16/21 - 7:30PM EDT - #3CD Tampa Bay @ #2CD Florida [CDSF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Wow, what a game, we for sure turned on the switch! Love how we fought back and responded.

Amazing how our stars stepped up and delivered big time, so good to have Kuch back, really makes the PP come alive. This game also showed what a hard-fought series this will be, I thought Bob played well for them, making some big saves (not much to do on the goals), Barkov showed why he is among the best centers in the league and Huberdeau felt like a threat all the time.

I still think this kind of crazy gung-ho game is in our favour, as I think we can exploit their defense, which is their weakness. So need to keep pressure on them in game 2 while we try to tighten our own defense a bit. Vasi still got another gear in him as well. But yeah, expecting this to go into seven games.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Big thank u from up here in Canada to those 2 teams last night. What a game. That’s the way playoff hockey should be. I predict it goes 7.
Looks like we have ourselves a new rivalry. That’s great. Hockey sure looks like it has caught on down in Florida. Great to see fans in the rink

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
7Pd5Zpw.jpg

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
If this series goes 6/7 games and each game is gonna be like this we gotta start pulling hard for the Preds to win. We'll be dead by the end of this series, would not want to face the Canes at that point.

Reactions: berlin

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I will say I thought Vasy looked a bit shaky last night. Hard to fault him for some of the goals, but he was bobbling pucks, looked slow getting across, etc. Granted, he had some great saves as well. It's huge that we won on what I thought was a somewhat off night from him.

Cirelli was great, I think Coleman had a good game, and Kucherov doesn't seem to have missed a beat. Really missed him QBing the power play, he's just a wizard. I think we need to tighten up defensively, but overall I'll take a thrilling game 1 win and move on. That was an amazingly entertaining game.

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
Frankly, I would rather have Schenn in over Savard - or even Foote - if he continues to look like a cone out there. He looks SLOW, and, as others have noted, his gap control is horrendous.

Reactions: Hoek

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Just stack Stamkos-Point-Kucherov. That 2nd line isn't going to be game breaking anyways at least we can go with higher upside on the first line.
See the sad thing is a "Killer Cirelli Palat" Line is better than "Killer Cirelli Stamkos".

Now...... the other said thing is Pally on the 1st line "May" be a better option than Stamkos, I agree with you tho, switch it up!

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Frankly, I would rather have Schenn in over Savard - or even Foote - if he continues to look like a cone out there. He looks SLOW, and, as others have noted, his gap control is horrendous.

Foote would get absolutely wrecked in this series. Schenn is safer due to experience, Savard's gap control is god awful, just watch that second goal again.

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
Foote would get absolutely wrecked in this series. Schenn is safer due to experience, Savard's gap control is god awful, just watch that second goal again.
Respectfully, I disagree regarding Foote. And it simply is based on the fact that Savard, from my vantage point, could not look any worse. Like I would rather have Sustr out there.

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
We need Goodrow back. Drop Colton back down to the fourth line and pull TJ out of the lineup. Sadly, I missed Paquette last night. Him and Maroon really did so well for us last year. They only played like 10-12 minutes. But they dominated puck possession and frequently punished the other side. Also the pace last night seemed to be too quick for Maroon last night, too. I still would keep him in the lineup over TJ, though.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Respectfully, I disagree regarding Foote. And it simply is based on the fact that Savard, from my vantage point, could not look any worse. Like I would rather have Sustr out there.

I disagree, there's a reason Foote was kicked out of the lineup, he's worst than Savard and that's saying a lot.

I do think Colton needs to be back with Maroon and Joseph though, Johnson actually didn't do too bad on his part but Maroon is completely ineffective without 79.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
See the sad thing is a "Killer Cirelli Palat" Line is better than "Killer Cirelli Stamkos".

Now...... the other said thing is Pally on the 1st line "May" be a better option than Stamkos, I agree with you tho, switch it up!
I really think we should stack the top line while we can, are we gonna get another opportunity to deploy a line of Stamkos-Point-Kucherov? I think we should just use them together while we can, all elite forwards who have played significant time together.

Letsgobolts21

Apr 19, 2019
Savard is just so scared of getting beat he constantly backs up. Backing up against Florida is exactly what they want. Not sure we can change his style now, but they are going to attack him relentlessly.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
We need Goodrow back. Drop Colton back down to the fourth line and pull TJ out of the lineup. Sadly, I missed Paquette last night. Him and Maroon really did so well for us last year. They only played like 10-12 minutes. But they dominated puck possession and frequently punished the other side. Also the pace last night seemed to be too quick for Maroon last night, too. I still would keep him in the lineup over TJ, though.
Unfortunately Maroon is too important to team morale to bench him. I agree tho, He cant play hockey well anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad