GDT: 5/16/21 - 7:30PM EDT - #3CD Tampa Bay @ #2CD Florida [CDSF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Needed to plant that doubt in em, florida was getting real cocky after the regular season games.

They had good reason, if you continuously beat a team it's natural to get confident. That's why Tampa folded after losing to Columbus after beating on them in the RS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoek

killa3312

Mar 4, 2015
They had good reason, if your continuously beat a team it's natural to get confident. That's why Tampa folded after losing to Columbus after beating on them in the RS.

That’s the difference between the regular season and post season, and besides, had Tampa Bay had Kucherov all season they probably win the President’s Trophy and aren’t even playing the Panthers in round one. You look at the overall talent on these two teams and the Lightning are still more talented by a fairly good margin.

Reactions: U55

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
rhtz8mo61lz61.jpg

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Florida usually folds after a game like this, we just needed to find a way to win here. My prediction is this will be the hardest game of the series, it'll be easier from here, if we gave them momentum we'd have been done.
So on the one hand you're saying that Florida is done because they lost this one but we would have been done if we lost. I think you're wrong and I think it's wishful thinking on your part to believe that FL is just going to wither now but if you're premise right, in either case it wouldn't say much good about the character of either team.

Reactions: Shoresy Snipes

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
I was trying to tell you guys we were not the same team in those last few regular season games. We still got it baby!

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
Florida usually folds after a game like this, we just needed to find a way to win here. My prediction is this will be the hardest game of the series, it'll be easier from here, if we gave them momentum we'd have been done.

seriously? Stop... this game could’ve been sealed when we trailed 4-3 & gifting turnovers & quality chances to FLA. We looked totally outplayed & were getting pushed around for minutes on end until we got the PP goal to tie. But stop acting like we deserved this win the entire night. It’s a great finish, but to say this panther team is just gonna “fold” or the games will be easier the rest of the round... get outta here with that arrogance. This is gonna be a battle with a hungry, pissed off team.

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016
If we get into an exchange of rushes, the Panthers will be hard to put away. If we manage risk and cut the NZ/Blueline turnovers that feed their transition, we'll be much better off.

I'd prefer, when we get last change at home, we put our hard forechecking game out against Weegar and just pound on him to pay dividends if the series is a long one.

If we manage the puck and remove risk from the game in the NZ, in particular, we'll have a much better chance of getting out of this series in one piece.

That was one of the best 1st round games I've ever seen.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
So on the one hand you're saying that Florida is done because they lost this one but we would have been done if we lost. I think you're wrong and I think it's wishful thinking on your part to believe that FL is just going to wither now but if you're premise right, in either case it wouldn't say much good about the character of either team.
I agree completely. That comment was just arrogant nonsense considering the wild ride this game was. And how the rest of the series will play out.

Reactions: SRQKiter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->