GDT: 5/15/18 - 8:00PM EDT - #1A Tampa Bay @ #1M Washington [ECF GAME 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
He still looks faster than Concrete Skates Killorn.
I'm pretty new here but I have noticed that, after Sustr, Killorn takes more heat than any other player mentioned on this board. I admit, I was surprised when SY gave him a 7 yr deal at a number that was also surprising, but he was the same player then that he is now so I guess he saw/sees something in him that is not readily visible to many of us. And, as you all know, he's been a strong playoff performer for us through the years. He's just the kind of player that you can't quite figure out so you hate him when he screws up and love him when he comes through. In stock market terms, he's a high beta play(er).

Last edited:
Reactions: CupsOverCash

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I'm pretty new here but I have noticed that, after Sustr, Killorn takes more heat than any other player mentioned on this board. I admit, I was surprised when SY gave him a 7 yr deal at a number that was also surprising, but he was the same player then that he is now so I guess he saw/sees something in him that is not readily visible to many of us. And, as you all know, he's been a strong playoff performer for us through the years. He's just the kind of player that you can't quite figure out so you hate him when he screws up and love him when he comes through. In stock market terms, he's a high beta play(er).
Callahan up there in terms of heat as well

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

I like Killorn but man is he a disappearing act waiting to happen. At least he has been pretty clutch in the playoffs. If he wasnt, doubt he would be here.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I like Killorn but man is he a disappearing act waiting to happen. At least he has been pretty clutch in the playoffs. If he wasnt, doubt he would be here.

Killorn had 5 points in the first 3 games against NJ, he's had 1 point in 10 games since while missing some golden chances. He's done nothing this series or last and actually got demoted, average guys don't live off playoff mantra for very long. Both Johnson and Killorn's PPG this playoffs have now dipped below their regular season production, for those 2 who disappear frequently in the regular season to not perform in the playoffs makes them that much more expendable.

Johnson's a fan favorite but he's been nothing but average for over 150 games now, Yzerman could use that $15m between them and Callahan much more effectively.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Killorn had 5 points in the first 3 games against NJ, he's had 1 point in 10 games since while missing some golden chances. He's done nothing this series or last and actually got demoted, average guys don't live off playoff mantra for very long. Both Johnson and Killorn's PPG this playoffs have now dipped below their regular season production, for those 2 who disappear frequently in the regular season to not perform in the playoffs makes them that much more expendable.

Johnson's a fan favorite but he's been nothing but average for over 150 games now, Yzerman could use that $15m between them and Callahan much more effectively.

Yea they started out well and havent done much since really the NJ series. I'm really hoping for our secondary players to step up in game 4. Our star players are playing well. Championship teams rely on their depth almost as much. Been a while since Ive seen Gourde play his game too.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Overall numbers don't look good but we need to put things in perspective. We slightly outchanced the Caps after two periods, especially in the high danger area (7-3), and capitalized on our chances. I don't think the 3rd period bears any real significant weight, with a 3 goals lead, Tampa clearly managed the score focusing to eat minutes, the last PP was a great example of that. So, the good thing is that Tampa won despite [still] not playing at their best. Timing would be absolutely perfect to peak at Game 4. Vasilevskiy was huge, one of his best game in his playoffs career IMO.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Wouldn’t mind seeing Killorn benched for Conacher.
Conacher's average TOI in the playoffs is 5:05. Killorn is at 16:16 (behind TJ and ahead of Palat for comparison). As much as I like Conacher I don't want to see him having to ice 15+ minutes after he's not had a true game in terms of TOI in months arguably.

Last edited:
Reactions: berlin and Palat

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If we're sitting someone it better be that bum Kunitz guys done nothing all playoffs .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad