GDT: 5/15/18 - 8:00PM EDT - #1A Tampa Bay @ #1M Washington [ECF GAME 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Game 2 was a must win. It's all academic now. Teams that go up 2-0 in the con finals are 39-2 and no team has ever come back from 0-2 at home. Game two was hit the panic button but we did nothing.
Home ice advantage is so worthless in hockey. Game 2 is a must win for the home team if they lose game 1??? Esspecially since game 1 is always a toss up.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Home ice advantage is so worthless in hockey. Game 2 is a must win for the home team if they lose game 1??? Esspecially since game 1 is always a toss up.

Yes. No home team has EVER come back from down 0-2 to win the series. I'm pretty sure that makes winning game 1 a must win. This isn't the 1st or 2nd round. You are playing a great team in the finals. Going down 0-2 at home is a deathknell. Sorry to be the realist of the bunch but facts are facts.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Ok never mind, this isn't a must win.
Not sure what you are arguing. Game 2 was the MUST win. This game is also a must win. My point is you were late to the game and should've hit the panic button after game 1.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Real Madrid @ Juventus, first leg of the Champions League QF: 3-0.

After that match, the head coach of Juventus said: "Who does not believe in our team, players or fans, it's better that he won't come to see the second match".

Juventus @ Real Madrid, 3-1 (till the 94th minutes, Juve was up 3-0)...

The limits, in the sports, exist just because someome can try to beat them.
Let's GO!

Reactions: VinikToWinIt

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
The fan in me wants to believe we have a chance to come back in this series but when you think about it realistically, there's really a miniscule chance that we will turn this thing around based on the way the Caps have played and how we have played. Lose tonight and even that miniscule chance goes away.

Still can't believe how fast we let this thing slip through our fingers. Everything was primed for a serious Cup run.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Real Madrid @ Juventus, first leg of the Champions League QF: 3-0.

After that match, the head coach of Juventus said: "Who does not believe in our team, players or fans, it's better that he won't come to see the second match".

Juventus @ Real Madrid, 3-1 (till the 94th minutes, Juve was up 3-0)...

The limits, in the sports, exist just because someome can try to beat them.
Let's GO!

Ughh Ronaldo

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Ughh Ronaldo
I think it was a bad call again made by the refs...
Unfortunately, in soccer, the situation is very different cause the money are more important than the skills of the GMs...
So, the teams with more money, will buy the best players and are, so, more powerful, on and off the court.....

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we win tonight.

After a day of thinking about it, I have a hard time believing this team, with this pedigree, this experience and this talent level will roll over and die so easily.

If they do, then there is a fundamental problem with the team that will have to be addressed in the offseason.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Yes. No home team has EVER come back from down 0-2 to win the series. I'm pretty sure that makes winning game 1 a must win. This isn't the 1st or 2nd round. You are playing a great team in the finals. Going down 0-2 at home is a deathknell. Sorry to be the realist of the bunch but facts are facts.

I may be wrong, but are you sure that 39-2 stat isn't specifically about teams that went up 2-0 after winning the first two games on the road?

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Just get this win. Get this win and the series is 2-1. Much different than 3-0. This team has the talent and ability to pull this comeback off, we just gotta see the effort and the drive from the players.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Lucky for us we're the '27 Yankees...

Absolutely!

YGWUAvm.gif

Reactions: Flat Ronnie

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I may be wrong, but are you sure that 39-2 stat isn't specifically about teams that went up 2-0 after winning the first two games on the road?

Yup. I am sure.

"Since 1974-75, teams that take a 2-0 lead in the conference final or semifinal have a series record of 39-2 (95.1 percent)."

No team has come back from an 0-2 home deficit.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Gotta Believe guys. They can do it. They just have to want it.
I've been down in the dumps with how the team has played and looking at the records of teams in our position. But records are meant to be broken and this team is too good to keep playing this way. Time for them to man up and get this done, one game at a time. LETS GOOOO BOLTS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad