GDT: 5/11/18 - 8:00PM EDT - #1M Washington VS #1A Tampa Bay [ECF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
He skated through traffic into the most benign areas on the ice, effectively killing every zone entry. That's exactly what everybody on our team did today.
I remember him being a decent zone entry guy. We'd use him a lot on the PP to carry the puck in. Ah well I digress, my memory an sucks anyway

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Guys. Ima drunk and sad. Which means I’m an alcoholic. A tough diagnosis for a guy just wanting the lightning to win goodbye errone

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Guys. Ima drunk and sad. Which means I’m an alcoholic. A tough diagnosis for a guy just wanting the lightning to win goodbye errone
An lowly catiapls did this to an great poster. An reduced to this. An catiapls will not have an victory agin in loving memory of an russian guyovsky. Heaven gained an angel and he can post an spam on the mainboard all day without getting an fraction. An god speed warrior

Reactions: Hoek

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Just stop. I've lost track of the number of times this team has proven you wrong.
Ok drama, I just predicted the Lightning would win the series. You’re just picking a fight. suggesting Sunday is a must win is far from a hot take.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
The thing I noticed is that everything Washington did looked scripted. They're structured and disciplined, but I saw the same passes from the same areas to the same guys time and time again. Coop's never adjusted well on the fly, but I think we figure them out and shut them down sooner rather than later.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I remember him being a decent zone entry guy. We'd use him a lot on the PP to carry the puck in. Ah well I digress, my memory an sucks anyway

In his last two years with the team, he would enter the zone, but then skate the puck out of trouble--to the boards. Sometimes he'd throw the puck into traffic, sometimes he'd just lose it.

We did a lot of that tonight. We'd skate in, and rather than trying to force plays to the net, we'd either get too cute or take the puck to some area impossible to score from. Our cycle looked awful.

The one guy who really got it going, weirdly, is the guy usually guilty of not looking dangerous: Stamkos.

But I think we struggled with their structure. So Coop's gonna have to come up with something. On a more basic level, we just need to force more pucks to dangerous areas.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
The thing I noticed is that everything Washington did looked scripted. They're structured and disciplined, but I saw the same passes from the same areas to the same guys time and time again. Coop's never adjusted well on the fly, but I think we figure them out and shut them down sooner rather than later.
Our game was scripted too, an script from the move An Room starring Johnny Calzone. an redic perfromance from both an factions

Reactions: Bolt 45

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I don't think it really mattered. You could have the best strategy there is but it won't mean shit if they effort isn't there and for the bolts, the effort was not there. I expect them to come out hard, fast, and throwing everything at the net next game.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
In response to where Watty is at:

We had to stay late at the office. Right now we are working out of a pop up hunting blind his aunt Margaret set up for us on Channelside. Some times we stay late and have marshmallow and hot dog roasts so he may have missed the game due to him roasting weenies. Due to today's loss I don't think he will surface as he gets really sad and begins spamming me Nigerian chain mail to cope with his anger.

Hopefully he will feel high level enough for his experienced experience, that's not low, to help grind us out a W on Sunday.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Serious question for the posters who deem themselves intelligent

If an catipal fan has an million dollars and has to give away half his an worth, how much is an catiapl now worth? I will put an answer in an spoiler box

He is still an worth nothing. Half of an nothing is still an nothing, and a million dollars in the hands of an catipal? An worthless.

Reactions: Master P and Hoek

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I don't think it really mattered. You could have the best strategy there is but it won't mean **** if they effort isn't there and for the bolts, the effort was not there. I expect them to come out hard, fast, and throwing everything at the net next game.
Effort was awful, no question. But Washington was playing the best version of their game and getting nice bounces on top of it against a team that didn't show up. Score probably should have been higher, honestly. Doubt we see another game like that. But what I meant about Coop is that while we don't adjust on the fly very well, we've shown we can adjust very well between games. I'm seeing a lot from Washington that can be adjusted to fairly easily, and it wouldn't surprise me to see us shut them down on Sunday, and for the rest of the series. I actually thought we were too aggressive tonight. We can play a strong, patient game when we need to, so that's what I'd expect to see next time out.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Effort was awful, no question. But Washington was playing the best version of their game and getting nice bounces on top of it against a team that didn't show up. Score probably should have been higher, honestly. Doubt we see another game like that. But what I meant about Coop is that while we don't adjust on the fly very well, we've shown we can adjust very well between games. I'm seeing a lot from Washington that can be adjusted to fairly easily, and it wouldn't surprise me to see us shut them down on Sunday, and for the rest of the series. I actually thought we were too aggressive tonight. We can play a strong, patient game when we need to, so that's what I'd expect to see next time out.

Yeah, I think what I mean when I say it's not just an issue of effort, is, if Cooper goes in and says, "Try harder in Game 2," we're gonna lose in exactly the same way. We have to adjust to what's happening on the ice in a much bigger way, I think.

Reactions: Bolt 45

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
In his last two years with the team, he would enter the zone, but then skate the puck out of trouble--to the boards. Sometimes he'd throw the puck into traffic, sometimes he'd just lose it.

We did a lot of that tonight. We'd skate in, and rather than trying to force plays to the net, we'd either get too cute or take the puck to some area impossible to score from. Our cycle looked awful.

The one guy who really got it going, weirdly, is the guy usually guilty of not looking dangerous: Stamkos.

But I think we struggled with their structure. So Coop's gonna have to come up with something. On a more basic level, we just need to force more pucks to dangerous areas.
We did struggle with their structure. They've got it down to a science, and are playing well. But that might be a double-edged sword. I'm still not convinced they'll look very good if the passes they're used to seeing disappear. It didn't take me very long to figure out where their guys were going to go with the puck, and I'd like to think our coaches were seeing the same thing. They ambushed us tonight, and it was effective, but I don't see it being that effective twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad