GDT: #5 - 10/18/19 | RANGERS @ capitals | 7:00 - MSG, NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I don't mind it. We need to get Kreider going and the Panarin-Zib-Buch line has been bad so far and I think that line has been missing a forechecking presence which he is and Buchnevich isn't.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I am fairly sure tonight will be a pretty easy win. The game on Sunday will be tougher.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Always a joy to watch OV. Looking forward to seeing Panarin. The rest ... eh.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Andersson must have killed Quinn's dog or something. He f***s him over every game.

It's unreal. He's playing on a line with a goon and a defenseman

Reactions: Kallio

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Right wingers of the left side. Left wingers on the right side. Defensemen skating up. Is this pickup hockey?

Reactions: Kallio

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Reward mediocrity with the top line....ffs
Well the alternative would have been what? Putting Kreider on the 3rd line? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you guys wouldn't have like that very much either. Kreider isn't one of the prospects, he's a veteran who has extensive experience and chemistry playing with Zibanejad.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Honestly if you watched his pregame presser it was bizarre to say the least. He didn’t know what he was talking about. Like no clue what the line where. Who was playing. I’m growing concerned.

This is a blender lineup no other way to put it and when you’ve had a week to think about your lineup. It shouldn’t be

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Andersson playing with Haley and Smith is cruel and unusual punishment. Playing with Lemieux and Fast might actually be worth his time in development.

Also if none of the depth forwards improve, I'd have to imagine we're one game away from a Chytil callup.

Reactions: DanielBrassard

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Andersson playing with Haley and Smith is cruel and unusual punishment. Playing with Lemieux and Fast might actually be worth his time in development.

Also if none of the depth forwards improve, I'd have to imagine we're one game away from a Chytil callup.
It just seems unfair to Lias. A few more games and he’s gonna get scratched and we’re gonna have DQ comments like “Lias knows what he has to do” and “we need more out of him” while he gets horrible line mates and barely any 5v5 ice time. I’m not saying he should be getting full time 2c handed to him but a few spot shifts throughout the game to give him a shot isn’t too much to ask especially when he’s looked pretty good.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Kreider on the first line? Awesome! That's exactly what we need!! He's been splendid this year. Only thing I would like to see is Smith moved to the 2nd line and maybe make Staal 2C but hey, can't always get what we want.
our 4th line could use Brian Boyle and Chara

Reactions: Killem Dafoe

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Again, not understanding why so many people upset about this move.

The first line hasn’t produced in the last two games, the second line hasn’t produced from the start. Kreider can’t be counted on carrying a line and needs a kick start himself, while Buchnevich has more creativity than Kreider - something second line’s been missing.

The move is logical and the only difference for me would be putting Strome back at 2C instead of Howden. But I’m fine with letting Quinn see what Howden could do there for a couple more games (or less).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad