GDT: #5 - 10/13/18 | oilers @ RANGERS | 1:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvakklunch

May 4, 2011
I dont like the tank thing tbh. I just want to win. And I feel great about tonight!

I hope Zibanejad has a good night.
We need him to get his grooove on, and I dont mean that grooove.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Why is ADA sitting? I don't fully buy the rotation thing, to be honest
I would guess inconsistency, coupled with us having too many defensemen available and still fighting for a spot.

ADA is very dangerous out there, both to us and our opponent, hehe. When he is "on", he is fantastic.. great passes, good shot, good positioning, etc. Then he usually follows that up with a fumble, a misplay, or just getting lost on the ice. I really hope that these games gives him the tools to rid himself of most of those "gaffs"..

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I would guess inconsistency, coupled with us having too many defensemen available and still fighting for a spot.

ADA is very dangerous out there, both to us and our opponent, hehe. When he is "on", he is fantastic.. great passes, good shot, good positioning, etc. Then he usually follows that up with a fumble, a misplay, or just getting lost on the ice. I really hope that these games gives him the tools to rid himself of most of those "gaffs"..
I am in the same boat of thought but I feel like he's gotta play at this point more than being benched. I mean it's game 5/82 so he's got time, but I do feel like, at this point, this year, him being dangerous against the opponent outweighs his flaws. OUr defense is hot trash with or without him this season

trunkslamchest

NASH W I D E
Nov 21, 2016
wide
at this rate, every defenseman will be a healthy scratch at some point (except for staal for he is a traffic cone).

im interested to see how shatty responds.

I was referring to wasting careers.

if hank doesnt win a cup as a player, he will definitely win one as a coach. hardly a wasted career.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
The whole problem with the "ADA needs to play to get better narrative" is that the elements he needs to improve are not things you learn by playing. He's got no problems with the pace of the game, making crisp passes, etc. He needs to stop doing shit like jumping halfway into the offensive zone when his defense partner and one forward are going to change. You learn that (hopefully) by watching tape and getting benched when you continue to do it.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
The whole problem with the "ADA needs to play to get better narrative" is that the elements he needs to improve are not things you learn by playing. He's got no problems with the pace of the game, making crisp passes, etc. He needs to stop doing **** like jumping halfway into the offensive zone when his defense partner and one forward are going to change. You learn that (hopefully) by watching tape and getting benched when you continue to do it.
Quinn openly blamed the F3 on that play... it wasn’t just bad pinch, it was a bad punch because his teammates were lazy at every other spot in the ice.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
So we are going to lose game 7 of the finals?

Thanks for nothing, man.

Yes the 15-4 was an intentional follow up to the 79-3, which was a response to someone else about going on a winning streak, which implied that we shouldnt be trying to win to much, which was a page back, which was lost in context to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad