4v4 floor hockey tips and strategies?

Wang Gretzky

Nov 8, 2013
So recently me and some friends joined an indoor floor hockey league, athletically speaking we're good ( shooting, passing etc.) However most of us didn't play organized hockey so we don't know how to properly forecheck,flood the zone, defend etc. any help would be appreciated. (sorry if I put this in the wrong section.)

Analyzer*

To create offense you'll need all 3 attacking unless your have a player, or two that are much better than the other team.

You'll want the 3rd person somewhat high so he can be back so there's at least 1 person there.

Though, that's what I noticed as a goalie in 4 on 4. When I played out as a dman our team wasn't very good, so I just fired the ball down every time and hoped they could get the rebound since my shot is good enough to beat a goalie from that distance giving the skill level.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
We play indoor so its the size of college basketball court, no icing or offsides and all penalties are penalty shots.

No icing and offsides ? Then my best advice is to try to send one of your forwards on a breakaway once you retrieve the ball. You will get plenty of goals and penalty shots.

Last edited:

Razzmatazz

Feb 2, 2010
I would set up in a diamond, have the center near the middle and towards the offensive zone, and a defenseman back and middle, and two wingers who work up and down along the wall. When the puck is in the offensive zone, rotate the diamond into a box, based off which side the puck goes into the zone, the center stays around the goal, the play side winger digs the puck out of the corner and the backside winger covers the high middle point, while the defenseman covers the near side point. If the puck goes to the other corner, the center and deep winger switch roles, and the points shift over.

When the play comes back, both wingers need to get back, you should pinch with the play side winger if you have support from the backside winger, the defenseman will back the pinching forward. If they have a fore checker coming in hard, the defenseman should pin the puck to the wall until winger support gets back.

In the defensive zone, it's a similar concept, however, keep your defenseman covering in front of the net, and rotate the wingers to dig the puck out of the corners out of their respective side. The center can come over to the wall, be ready to hustle down to the offensive zone, there's no icing, so just throw it down to the other end if you need to and chase.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad