Line Combos: 4th line

spader

Oct 13, 2013
Saskatchewan
So now that we have Wingels (and presumably Hoffman back from the flu soon), our 4th line should get bolstered, either by adding Wingels directly to it, or by pushing someone else down onto it (Pyatt I would think)

So, which of these 4th lines should we go with:

Pyatt-Kelly-Lazar (Wingels taking Pyatt's spot with Pageau and Hoff)
Pyatt-Lazar-Neil (Wingels taking Pyatt's spot with Pageau and Hoff)
Wingels-Kelly-Neil
Wingel-Kelly-Lazar
Wingels-Kelly-Neil (not my choice...)
Kelly-Lazar-Wingels

Wingels will likely be on the right side.

Pyatt-Kelly-Wingels is my guess, though I like the idea of Wingels on the 3rd line. It would be awesome to see teams try to deal with him and JGP.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Wingels will likely be on the right side.

Pyatt-Kelly-Wingels is my guess, though I like the idea of Wingels on the 3rd line. It would be awesome to see teams try to deal with him and JGP.

Who do you have playing RW on the 3rd line with Pageau and Hoff then? Lazar? Neil? Yuck....

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'd send Lazar back down while we still can to replace Robinson in Bingo and help him work on his offense a little.

Dzingel - Turris - Ryan
Smith - Brassard - Stone
Hoffman - Pageau - Pyatt
Kelly - Wingels - Neil or Wingels - Kelly - Neil

It doesn't do much for our 4th line, but it helps Bingo in their playoff run and it helps Lazar become more than a 4th liner. Bring him back up at the deadline.

He would have to go through waivers unfortunately. He seems to have lost it all.... He doesnt even finish his checks.

SENSational1

Sep 26, 2015
Gatineau, Quebec
If I was lucky enough to be coach, I would have my bottom 6 as:
Hoff Pageau Lazar
Pyatt Kelly Wingels

Lazar deserves to get a chance with skilled forwards. He did well on the Condra-pageau line. With Hoffman, I think he can get back to form.

When white gets injected into the lineup:

Hoff White Pageau or Hoff Pageau Lazar
Pyatt Lazar Wingels Pyatt White Wingels

spader

Oct 13, 2013
Saskatchewan
If I was lucky enough to be coach, I would have my bottom 6 as:
Hoff Pageau Lazar
Pyatt Kelly Wingels

Lazar deserves to get a chance with skilled forwards. He did well on the Condra-pageau line. With Hoffman, I think he can get back to form.

When white gets injected into the lineup:

Hoff White Pageau or Hoff Pageau Lazar
Pyatt Lazar Wingels Pyatt White Wingels

Why?

SENSational1

Sep 26, 2015
Gatineau, Quebec

Because aprox. 90% of his NHL opportunities (in recent memory) have been with the likes of Kelly and Neil.

When he was actually starting to look effective, he was playing with Condra and Pageau. No one was ragging on him being a bad player.

Now, everyone thinks he will be working at the Kanata SportsCheck this summer selling gear.

I feel for the kid, playing with two offensive anchors for 2 min a night (I understand it actually isn't 2 min).

Put him on a line with Hoff and Pager, give him a real chance (I.E let him make some mistakes and don't demote him after 3 min) and see what he can do.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
What it will be:

Wingels - Kelly - Neil

What I would like to see:

Kelly - Lazar - Wingels

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What it will be:

Wingels - Kelly - Neil

Kelly - Lazar - Wingels

For what it's worth, if the coaches allotment of icetime is any indication of the direction he'll go, since Lazar was added to the roster, he's averaged 8:26 per game, while during the same span, Neil has averaged 7:02 per game. in the last 10 games, it's a bit closer, with Lazar at 6:46 and Nell at 6:01.

I though Lazar actually looked pretty good when he first came up, for a dozen or so games, but couldn't catch a break. He seems to have hit a wall though and his icetime has suffered,

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
What it will be:

Wingels - Kelly - Neil

Kelly - Lazar - Wingels

I think Lazar deserves to sit for a bit, perhaps he'll benefit and come back into the lineup reenergized, as well as have a chip on his shoulder.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
What I want to see:

Dzingel - Pageau - Pyatt <- Hoff promoted to Ryan line so he finishes what Ryan dishes
McCormick - Lazar - Wingels <- bunch of annoying pests

Kelly and Neil glued to the Ring of Honor.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Likely not a popular idea, but I would not be adverse to including Lazar in a trade package even for a UFA like Wingels+ that can help us considerably more. I think we need one more upgrade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->