Pre-Game Talk: 4th Annual CFHF Draft Party [Fri. June 22 - Schanks South]

Which Schanks location?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
South is probably a no go for me, transiting there is brutal, plus North was going to be good if I'm working, cause I could have gone before/after or even on break if I had to. If I randomly get the day off I can do it. Though I've never been and don't really know the way lol. I can figure out probably

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
South is probably a no go for me, transiting there is brutal, plus North was going to be good if I'm working, cause I could have gone before/after or even on break if I had to. If I randomly get the day off I can do it. Though I've never been and don't really know the way lol. I can figure out probably

You know, if Kahvi can make it from half way around the world, you really can't use that excuse any more :laugh:

I think you can just get off Southland c-train station and walk over there. It's near where the Chapters used to be.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
You know, if Kahvi can make it from half way around the world, you really can't use that excuse any more :laugh:

I think you can just get off Southland c-train station and walk over there. It's near where the Chapters used to be.
Yeah, Southland to Schanks is like 700m or something according to google maps.

Go up the stairs, cross the bridge, cross the street (to the left) and straight

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Ok if it's that close its fine. Now to hope I don't work.

Sorry lol. Nervous about new areas cause I'm half blind.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Yep, for Shanks South, you can walk over pretty quickly from Southland train station. I'll be walking over from my place, so I can tour guide some folks if that helps at all.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Good job looking ahead, @Flames Fanatic.

Actually, I was thinking the other day since we're talking about these BBQ places, are there any we can go to that has a tv to watch the draft? I know Big T's has one, but it's pretty small. @Lazar Beams, any suggestions? If not, I'm fine with Schanks South.

IdioticVengefulCondor-size_restricted.gif
I don’t think anywhere else will have the draft on tv

Shanks south will have to do.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Anyone know what time the draft has usually started at since they began having the 1st round on the Friday? I'll probably be working until 8pm ET and don't want to miss any of it after the first 2 picks.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Anyone know what time the draft has usually started at since they began having the 1st round on the Friday? I'll probably be working until 8pm ET and don't want to miss any of it after the first 2 picks.
I think it generally starts at 7-8 ET

Edit: Looks like 7:30ET

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Okay... so I need plans for the Saturday and Sunday nights. BBQ needs to be one of those lol

BBQ sounds good.

I have some plans to visit some places, but no fixed schedule. So here's an open invitation for anyone who wants to meet and have a beer or two during the week after draft, PM if interested.

Reactions: Method Man

Jagr4President

Nov 16, 2017
Calgary
Well I'm able to come and watch the draft at shanks south. Also if your having to take the LRT to shanks, get off at heritage station and go across the bridge above the tracks and walk down McLeod trail ( i take it everyday for work ) it's a easier walk and you see some good sights while walking past ranchmans

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Well I'm able to come and watch the draft at shanks south. Also if your having to take the LRT to shanks, get off at heritage station and go across the bridge above the tracks and walk down McLeod trail ( i take it everyday for work ) it's a easier walk and you see some good sights while walking past ranchmans
Thanks for the tip! Last year I went down to the next stop (Southland?) and it wasn't a bad walk at all but if the walk from Heritage is better, I'll do that instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->