4K Televisions: Are they worth it?

Sep 19, 2008
A 4K UHD television is definitely worth it, especially if it has HDR. The movement and dazzling graphics are amazing.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Kind of like I said in my other post as far as I understand they insert artificial frames that blend the difference between what the tv is actually receiving to make things look smoother

I think if a TV actually lists itself as 240HZ then it’s 240, although those are extremely rare if any at all left. A lot of them will say like motion rate 240 or something like that and those are usually actually 120 HZ panels but they can make up a fake number to tell you

It’s amazing how intentionally murky TV companies have become to try to trick people
Yes the term is interpolation, but yeah the "120 Hz" and "240 Hz" are usually blatant false advertising.

I've been looking into it cause the Samsung I bought had the "motion 120" label on it and doing research on it, it can't accept a 120 hz signal and can't interpolate a 60 fps signal, so it's obviously just a regular 60 Hz panel.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
So, I saw a deal the other day and jumped on it for my first 4K and first TV larger than 33". I got a "Hisense H7608 Series 55" 4K UHD HDR Motion Rate 120 Smart TV". Got a "scratch and dent model" for $350 CDN. I realize I'm rolling the dice buying it sight unseen, but seemed like too good of a deal to pass up.

That said, is there any 4K content out there that will really wow me for my first foray into 4k (I have a PS4 pro, so games or movies are good by me)?

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
So, I saw a deal the other day and jumped on it for my first 4K and first TV larger than 33". I got a "Hisense H7608 Series 55" 4K UHD HDR Motion Rate 120 Smart TV". Got a "scratch and dent model" for $350 CDN. I realize I'm rolling the dice buying it sight unseen, but seemed like too good of a deal to pass up.

That said, is there any 4K content out there that will really wow me for my first foray into 4k (I have a PS4 pro, so games or movies are good by me)?

Netflix and Amazon have some. Honestly the best 4K content in HDR you might find is on Youtube. There are some other movie rental sites that specialize in 4k, Ultra HD. I'm sure the PS4 will look great on there.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008

I have to say, having bought a Samsung nu6900, it really isn't a huge jump up from 1080p, I'm only keeping it cause the 65 inches is a big leap for me.

But if you want to see 4k, the best 4k video I've seen is the 4k Costa Rica video from the Jacob and Katie Schwartz YouTube channel,

And the best HDR content I've seen on Netflix is either Marco Polo or that Kurt Russell santa claus movie surprisingly. However, you need the most expensive Netflix subscriptjon to get the 4k hdr streaming.

Overall I haven't been blown away by my tv, but it's a lower end model.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->