OT: 49th Obsequious Banter Thread: Better Laught Than...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
For comedy:

Curb your Enthusiasm
Peep Show (watch season 1-- season 2 is where it takes off)
Scrubs
Idiot Abroad
Brooklyn 99
Parks and Rec (after season 1)
30 Rock

Peaky Blinders is new and good.
Orange is the New Black
The Flash
House of Cards
Orphan Black
Black Mirror (episode 1 is meh then it is awesome)
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Firefly
Lost
X-Files

I could go on for awhile... so much good tv right now.

Last edited:

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
I don't watch a lot of tv, but recently?

Breaking Bad, The Strain, Penny Dreadful, Better Call Saul, How I Met Your Mother, American Dad and Daredevil

You might like Hannibal, Mr. Robot, and Rick and Morty.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
One show I was really pleasantly surprised with was Parks and Recreation. I had heard of it and never gave it a chance because I usually don't like shows like that, but then I started watching it and ended up finishing the entire show in a stupidly small amount of time. Only thing I'd say is that the 1st season is a bit of a chore to get through, but after that it's great.

Some other shoes I watch/watched are:
Suits
Justified
Homeland
Breaking Bad
The Shield
Band of Brothers
True Detective (only the first season, I've already given up on the second because I found it boring and I don't like any of the characters)
House of Cards
Any of Anthony Bourdains travel series
Better Call Saul
The Following

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ

Breaking Bad, The Strain, Penny Dreadful, Better Call Saul, How I Met Your Mother, American Dad and Daredevil

If you like superhero stuff, would recommend Arrow and Flash, neither are as good as Daredevil but both are quality. House of Cards is a great show on Netflix, I absolutely love it. I like a lot of HBO's content. Band of Brothers, The Sopranos, The Wire, Game of Thrones, are all great. I loved them all, The Wire is the one I'm currently watching. Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia if you are looking for a comedy. And then you have the super long running series that I love and just can never get enough of in Dr. Who and Star Trek The Next Generation, Voyager, and Deep Space Nine.

For a shorter series that I thought was really well made, I really enjoyed it, try The Killing. It's on Netflix.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ

Orphan Black from the BBC. The first season of this show is up there with The Wire and Breaking Bad, the second season was not much of a fall off at all. I haven't seent he third season yet.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
I like the sound of Hannibal! Is it on Netflix? How is Bates Motel?

Good question, not sure! If you like Penny Dreadful though, I think you'd like Hannibal.

Another one I liked is Utopia. It's a British show. It's different. Has bright colors rather than dark like a lot of popular TV. Soon to come to the U.S. via HBO and David Fincher.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Comedy;
The League
Archer
The Brink

Others;
Band of Brothers
Sons of Anarchy (I checked out at season 3, but the first 2 are great)
Boardwalk Empire
Generation Kill
Dexter

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA

Well, damn, I'd recommend Seinfeld, but I see you enjoy How I Met Your Mother, so you're probably not interested in quality sitcoms.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
If you have Amazon Prime -- they have a ton of shows for free through Amazon streaming. They recently got all of Curb Your Enthusiasm, some early seasons of HBO shows like Veep. Orphan Black -- simply included for having Prime at all.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
There's tons of sites where you can watch any tv show for free. Same with movies, but you usually need to wait until they come out on DVD before you can watch in decent quality.

And I'm talking streaming, not downloading, no subscription. Only thing is you need to be using the thing that rhymes with gadblock or you're gonna have a bad time.

I won't post the URL here but if anyone wants it PM me and I'll send it to you.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I'm thinking I'll start Bates Motel tonight since I'm confined to what Netflix offers.

Is there anybody who opposes this commitment? Speak now, or forever hold your peace.

JayRosehillMVP

snubbed again
May 28, 2012
Philadelphia
I've been watching Game of Thrones lately and it's now my favorite show on tv. It takes a couple episodes to get into but by the end of season 1 it gets really good.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I woukd add Freaks and Geeks (only one season though, due to low viewership ) to the list of suggestions. I would say a half forgotten great show from the late 90s, set in high school in Michigan (iirc), with great choice of music, young actors (Franco, Rogen, Segel, Levine, Starr, Cardellini; also cameos by Rashida Jones or Ben Stiller... Joe Flaherty is just awesome here - although I just found out that he is from Pittsburgh :laugh:), and not aggressive humour

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I'm thinking I'll start Bates Motel tonight since I'm confined to what Netflix offers.

Is there anybody who opposes this commitment? Speak now, or forever hold your peace.

Suits is a solid Netflix option or House of Cards ( 3rd season drops IMO )

Ray Donovon if it is an option for you is dynamite !!!

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
So i slept instead of starting Bates Motel.

If Bates Motel is bad, what is a decent Gothic Horror tv show i can watch? Not to be confused with horror haha

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I woukd add Freaks and Geeks (only one season though, due to low viewership ) to the list of suggestions. I would say a half forgotten great show from the late 90s, set in high school in Michigan (iirc), with great choice of music, young actors (Franco, Rogen, Segel, Levine, Starr, Cardellini; also cameos by Rashida Jones or Ben Stiller... Joe Flaherty is just awesome here - although I just found out that he is from Pittsburgh :laugh:), and not aggressive humour

Great show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad