OT: 49th Obsequious Banter Thread: Better Laught Than...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Thanks guys. I told my wife that it's her fault if it gets infected since she is a nurse. :laugh:

That's not even debatable.

You should have divorce papers drawn up with your signature already on it, put it there and say "you have a choice... make sure there isn't an infection, or sign next to the X"

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
Jesus Tripod, that sounds horrible. I mow without shoes on at all. Maybe I should rethink that.

In good news: I got myself a motorcycle! 1985 Honda Nighthawk 700S. It's awesome.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I use a riding mower so if I ever have a problem it'll probably be a whole lot bigger than a toe...

Im not even worried about the blades. I'd guess it's much more likely the entire thing explodes than I ever encounter the bottom of it.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Add me to the list of walking wounded. Broke my scaphoid bone playing softball. Getting a screw put in tomorrow. Never had surgery before. Kinda nervous.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I know that I still will need to mow...but will certainly go look into better footwear instead of just old sneakers. But the hill I was mowing at the time, no more. I will whipper snip instead. It will take much longer but certainly much safer.

I have cut my grass in flip flops :shakehead So dumb !!

I bought a good cordless whipper snipper and it makes all the difference, I end up using it like a toy :D

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah...amazing how quick it happened. I quickly ran down the hill telling the wife I cut my toe off. There was a big hole in the shoe and could see top part of the toe gone.
She quickly got the shoe and sock off then into a clean bucket of water to keep it clean while she got things together to make a dressing for it. I was lightheaded but besides that, I was surprising myself with how calm I was. It was my first time really getting cut/injured in my 40+ years but I guess I got my mom's high tolerance of pain.

Anyways, the wife got me wrapped up then off to Emergency. Not much they could do..took X-rays and have a fracture of a small bone. So all they could do it wrap it up again and said I need to change the dressing in 2 days.

Luckily, my wife is a nurse so she was quick to act. Lots of blood for sure. I really would have been scared if I was alone though. Scary for sure.

Let me guess; walking backwards dragging the mower back up the hill? My slip happened that way...I had used to use old sneakers, thinking I was only protecting my feet from the occasional stick or acorn that shot out of the bottom, but after that I switched to new sneakers with grip. Unlike you I just got lucky.

I use this for my tiny lawn now:

reelmowerlarge.jpg

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I thought the ending was bad. Lost the spooky atmosphere that the found footage did well to build. Still entertaining though!

Yeah. The ending was meh. The movie as a whole was one of the only movies to actually put a little fear in me. Baguio freaks the **** out of me though and my buddies that I lived with in college. We would pass around a picture of Bagul we printed out and hide it to mess with the other guys haha.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Let me guess; walking backwards dragging the mower back up the hill? My slip happened that way...I had used to use old sneakers, thinking I was only protecting my feet from the occasional stick or acorn that shot out of the bottom, but after that I switched to new sneakers with grip. Unlike you I just got lucky.

I use this for my tiny lawn now:

reelmowerlarge.jpg

That's exactly how it happened.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
**** scary movies, Michael Myers is real and has been after me since I was a kid.

Just the music scares me

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
The Saw series is probably my favorite "scary" movie(s).

I absolutely hate Chucky. Freaked me out as a kid, freaks me out now.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
The Saw series is probably my favorite "scary" movie(s).

I absolutely hate Chucky. Freaked me out as a kid, freaks me out now.

My older sisters tormented me with the Halloween movies as a kid. When they had those reboots and the commercials would come, I would still change the channel. Funny how things from your childhood stick with you

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Looks like it's all just a stupid internet prank from the last guy who was with the robot, who just happens to be an Internet prankster. There's no security camera where the supposed "beating" happened. So a camera was placed there and recorded the stuff by someone.

Once that comes out Philly will still get trashed because no one will ever read that part.

Bolded - I just watched the Denis Leary interview on the Daily show with JS and... yep you were right :laugh:

Ernest95

Jul 10, 2015
Philly
Have you guys seen the show called Turn : Washington's spies? It's on Amc but Netflix has the first season. Pretty damn interesting show I must say.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Have you guys seen the show called Turn : Washington's spies? It's on Amc but Netflix has the first season. Pretty damn interesting show I must say.

Yep! It's prtty good, and while they do take some liberties and are making Abraham out to be a total badass, (it is a TV series after all) it actually has a lot of historical accuracy to it. Fun show like it a lot and waiting on the next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->