GDT: [#49] Tampa Bay Lightning @ Dallas Stars, 7:00 PM CST (NBCSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Benn’s had 8 goals in 17 games since Bowness took over, doubt it has much to do with it, but I’ll take Benn scoring at just under a 40 goal pace

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Thank goodness giving a point to Tampa is completely irrelevant for the Stars.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If both miss a bit of time this could force the Stars to play 7 D because unless they put someone on IR or waive someone ( would be Fedun in that case ) they can't call somebody up since the roster is full at 23 now.

Last edited:

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Dowling is an adequate replacement for Cogliano, so shouldnt miss a beat there at a short term level.

Hopefully Hintz only misses the leafs game, if so could happily roll with 7D for 1 game.

Lines would be a touch messy though...

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Janmark-Pavelski-Gurianov
Dowling-Faksa-Comeau
Xx-Dickinson-Perry

Double Shift Benn or Radulov

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
I really didn't have a good feeling about this one after the lay off and terrible performance last game, but I will say it was nice to see beastmode Benn in this one.

It was awesome to see him be confident enough with the puck to be a little selfish on the OT winner. And why not he already beat Vasi on a nice deke, why not trust in his ability to do it again. And really it was the right and smartest play. If he passes to Seguin for a one timer chances are Seguin misses the net and the opportunity is spoiled. By taking it himself and going to the blocker side he was going to get his opportunity and if the first chance is stopped, Seguin would be on the doorstep to clean up the garbage since it was blocker side and wouldn't be immediately covered. Great heads up and confident play in the moment by the captain.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I know the stars usually start off slow but what a difference from the first period to the midway point of the second and on . If bish doesn’t make those 4 or 5 big saves in the first though that could have got ugly .

Reactions: Kcb12345

serp

Jan 17, 2016
he admitted to the f up in an interview from the athletic, but said he was trying to put it to the side and it was just a poor play. (it's paywall or i'd post)

Stars 20/20: Jamie Benn takes control as Stars ground...

Even as a clear that was a bad one. Just kind of a weak and low shot directly into Hedman who caught it. Also on the Stars website / Stars Twitter feed there is a postgame interview video for the Bishop interview so i've seen it . :nod:

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
In fairness, not many guessed Pavelski would drop 20-25 goals from last year. I would have liked Zuccarello as well, but he wanted 4-5 years, right?

No fairness given. It should have been seen coming. I was pretty sure it would be bad. His goals last year were fool's gold. His shot totals have been trending down for years and his shooting percentage was ridiculously high last year. Plus changing teams after a long time with one team. Unfortunately he's been exactly what I expected.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
I turned the game on in the 3rd last night repainting our kitchen and watched benn, then stamkos, then ot benn
an emotional rollercoaster that ended very well

I'm just surprised we werent coming from behind all game as per usual and a little surprised stamkos didnt get one of the stars

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If McDavid or Matthews made that same play in OT on national TV we'd be seeing it literally everywhere for the rest of the season

So would we if Jamie Benn played his career in bigger hockey market. Hell he probably would've won some awards as well when he was in his absolute prime a few years back.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If McDavid or Matthews made that same play in OT on national TV we'd be seeing it literally everywhere for the rest of the season

Wouldn't even have to be on national TV and it'd still be everywhere

People still freak out when McDavid uses his speed to score a goal that he's already done what feels like dozens of times

Reactions: LatvianTwist

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
No fairness given. It should have been seen coming. I was pretty sure it would be bad. His goals last year were fool's gold. His shot totals have been trending down for years and his shooting percentage was ridiculously high last year. Plus changing teams after a long time with one team. Unfortunately he's been exactly what I expected.
My hat's off to you, then. You knew better than much of the hockey world at the time.

My whole point was that his career stats have generally been pretty consistent and give no clear indication that he would drop from a near-40 goal pace to a sub-20 goal pace. A regression, sure; but not that big of one. The new team part is understandable, though.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
My hat's off to you, then. You knew better than much of the hockey world at the time.

My whole point was that his career stats have generally been pretty consistent and give no clear indication that he would drop from a near-40 goal pace to a sub-20 goal pace. A regression, sure; but not that big of one. The new team part is understandable, though.

It didn't take any kind of special hockey knowledge. Just looking at the stats. Dropping from a near 40 goal pace to under 20 goals is exactly what his career numbers show if he was to shoot at his career shooting percentage this season instead of almost double like he did last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad