OT: 48th Obsequious Banter Thread - Wawa vs Sheetz, Devastate vs Mustard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Does anyone on here actually like Innes?

The first time I listened to him I was driving to Jim's last year when he was by himself and the topic was whether Yoshi was gay, I knew right then he was not someone I'd frequently listen to.

I like Tony Bruno but Innes essentially doesn't let him get a word in. He doesn't ever stop talking about random ****. I listen to 94.1 and 97.5 for sports talk radio, not random ********. Innes just can't do talk about sports without going on a tangent. He's lucky right now that the sports landscape is barren of things to actually talk about. I'm not sure he lasts once Eagles season starts when it comes to actual analysis.

Not to mention that he continuously bashes other hosts, even ones that he works with.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Gargano and Marks are good in the morning IMO. Used to only listed to WIP in the morning because 97.5 had no morning show, now it's different.

Always enjoyed Johnny Marks since he was with Mikey Miss.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Don't listen to any radio so I'm not familiar with any of these people but the fact that they're Philly media makes me hate them immediately.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Cancelled Comcast awhile back. They sent someone to my door to recruit me back, offering 50 dollars off per month (considering I was paying 80 that's not bad). Felt sweet to let him no I have zero interest. I won't get into too much on the internet, but I have friends who work at divisions in Comcast and I'm not happy with what I've heard.

Unfortunately, once the Sixers finish rebuilding then I may go back just to get Sportsnet.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I like the Gargano morning show too. Right now I'll only tune in in the afternoon if they have an interesting guest.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Gargano is insufferable because he loves everything and has that annoying laugh that is dolled out at the entirely unfunny comments people make. If he was on Seinfeld he'd be: "Guy that laughs too much."

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
I like Innes when he sticks to talking about sports. I think he's actually one of the most knowledgeable radio guys we have. Problem is, he spends too much time talking about "other stuff." The **** with Mikey Miss just makes me turn off the radio immediately. I'm willing to give him a pass for now though because there's literally nothing to talk about.

I like Gargano is the morning. I think his personality is much better suited to that kind of show. Mike and Ike are the best though.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I've always enjoyed Ike Reese too (even when he was with Eskin), Michael Barkann is a great partner for him. That's the only WIP show I really like to listen too.

Other than that, it's usually 97.5 for me.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
People might not like Josh Innes, but you're all talking about him, so you're giving him exactly what he wants. The plan is obviously for him to one day to replace Angelo, and that day is coming sooner rather than later. I really get the sense that there isn't many other WIP hosts who like him very much either.

I like Tony Bruno more than I thought I would, probably because he's the foil, but I flip though like I would any other station. He's still a dolt. Hire Chris Pronger since the Flyers are already paying him. OK.

Glen and Ray I listen to almost any time they're on.

Ike is fine, but I don't like Barkann, I think he's a stooge.

Rob Ellis was good, but he saw the writing on the wall.

Some of the other weekend part-timers are good, Reuben Frank, Jolly, maybe Farzetta, although he might be during the week now. That's basically my limits.

Gargano was only ok, but I could listen to him and Glen or Rob on a drive home, I can't now. I've only listened to him in the morning once or twice. It's far worse - I think WIP did a great disservice trying to out-97.5 97.5, and I think it's hilarious that they sold out for the Phillies right as their run of relevance ended. Any time I've ever put on 97.5 I've rarely heard anything that could be considered intelligent discourse, but commercial radio is all about lowest common denominator.

Last edited:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Not if talking about him causes people to avoid listening to him on the radio.

This isn't the same thing as people saying an article is bad and then linking it so other people click on it and give them views.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I haven't listened in over a month, but the little bit I've listened to I liked from Innes.

Barkann and Ike, on the other hand, are boring and bland as hell.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

This isn't the same thing as people saying an article is bad and then linking it so other people click on it and give them views.

Not really. There will still be a large amount of people that listen just to be mad at what he says.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

The promo ads WIP had for him are him screaming and yelling at callers. If people weren't listening, he wouldn't have been moved up to drive time, and he is assuredly being groomed to take over for Angelo.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I find myself not listening to sports talk radio on my lunch breaks anymore. I liked Marks and Brace (must have been in the minority since Brace got canned). I thought they were good together. Eytan Shander is absolutely clueless. He has to know someone. He's so bad (and annoying) I don't know how he's still on the air. Harry Mayes isn't anything special, but I liked him as Bruno's side kick. Mike and Ike does nothing for me. I can't take Ike seriously after listening to him pump up Geno Smith for months before the 2013 draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->