GDT: [#48] Gusts @ Stars, 6:30 CT (NBCSN, KTXA)

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
5 Minutes for Dowling, Mark Pysyk still playing forward..

What happened to our Taxi squad?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
5 Minutes for Dowling, Mark Pysyk still playing forward..

What happened to our Taxi squad?

Only 4 callups outside of emergency after the deadline. Seems like it's also for taxi squad guys. Before the deadline there was a gazillion transactions every day. Now close to zero.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
While it would be good to get help at the end of the day the Stars still have this in their own hands especially that game in Nashville will decide ALOT .

Reactions: Elysian

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
While it would be good to get help at the end of the day the Stars still have this in their own hands especially that game in Nashville will decide ALOT .

Yup. With NSH have the clear edge in RW’s in a tie breaker scenario, Dallas absolutely can not afford to give anything up for the remainder of the schedule.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'm still a bit confused why Vatanen was waived. I know he didn't have a good year in New Jersey but he's on a cheap 1 year contract and he was good pretty recently. Just not this year.

He's been decent here . Well worth the waiver claim . Free NHL caliber right shot defenseman.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
J-Rob is the best rookie in the league.

Swap Nick and Jason's team and Jason is getting the Calder and it wouldn't even be close.

But a Stars American losing to an older Russian seems to ring a bell for some reason.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
So if these last two games are a preview of not re-signing Klingberg, then I am not on board with that possibility. The threat from the blueline drops massively without him available, both at 5v5 and on the PP.

Also gonna go ahead and trademark Springtime Jamie Benn™ (SJB™) - it's happened enough years in a row now that it's definitely a thing.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
So if these last two games are a preview of not re-signing Klingberg, then I am not on board with that possibility. The threat from the blueline drops massively without him available, both at 5v5 and on the PP.

Also gonna go ahead and trademark Springtime Jamie Benn™ (SJB™) - it's happened enough years in a row now that it's definitely a thing.
The whole game is different without klingberg . They definately have control of the puck a lot less but at the same time the forwards seemed to be getting it a little more than usual in the neutral zone because of the quickness in which they were getting the puck out .

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Agree it will be hard for the Stars to get better by NOT signing one of their primary offensive threats. I am amazed at how well they play without 2 of Hintz, Klinger, and Miro on the ice, not to mention Seguin. That is probably good coaching, as much as many of you hate to say that.

In the last few years, starting with Monty, it seems the Stars are either "on" or "off" their game, with a lower than average % of merely average games. Would love to know a reason for that, but starting last year, in the PO especially, it doesn't always seem to matter who is available. They must preach that, a la, the motto, "Next Man Up." In a season where it could be, "Last Man Standing."

I also think we start to begin noodling on a Robertson parallel to "Beast Mode Benn." If he loses the Calder, JWASRobbed will do for a while. It was a nice steal in OT, and certainly the D man going back had to worry as much about the shot coming from Robertson. He did look really slow coming down the ice there, which worried me until I heard he had been on the ice for 1.40. He was entitled to look gassed.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I love seeing a completely gassed player create a goal. He was so slow to get going after knocking down the other player I thought someone would catch him for sure, but he managed to muster just enough speed to make a play. Love it.

ugrakarma

>/dev/null
Jan 28, 2006
boonies, Finland
I'm still a bit confused why Vatanen was waived. I know he didn't have a good year in New Jersey but he's on a cheap 1 year contract and he was good pretty recently. Just not this year.

He's been decent here . Well worth the waiver claim . Free NHL caliber right shot defenseman.

He looked pretty bad when he finally started playing this season so combined with the reputation of being a lazy trainer perhaps he was just out of shape. Most likely a combination of multiple things.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He looked pretty bad when he finally started playing this season so combined with the reputation of being a lazy trainer perhaps he was just out of shape. Most likely a combination of multiple things.

Last season the Canes traded a pick and a good prospect for an injured Vatanen on a more than twice as big contract and one year later Stars get him for free on waivers. It's just wierd to me

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Last season the Canes traded a pick and a good prospect for an injured Vatanen on a more than twice as big contract and one year later Stars get him for free on waivers. It's just wierd to me

Flat cap is a hell of a drug.

The weird talk around the fanbase (I saw it written about on the Athletic, Reddit, and a little bit here) of maybe trading Klingberg always seems completely insane to me. Unless PPG Seguin returns, you'd be trading your best offensive weapon, IMO. Considering the minutes he plays and the things he does, no one is more dynamic offensively. I'm happy to trade some of the defensive mistakes for what he brings, especially at that contract to boot. This team is permanently worse without him, and he just isn't replaceable. Can't imagine ever winning that trade, unless it was for something dumb like Barkov or someone of that caliber.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->