GDT: #48: Columbus Blue Jackets @ Minnesota Wild 19 Jan 2019 9pm

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Hopefully they remember the taste of losing a back to back to head into the break...

When they come back from the break. But probably not.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
it's Pens, unlike Jackets 2 goal deficit is not "OMG game over" for them.
It got worse for them. Final score 7-3.

It's nice to know that we can still be in an enviable state going into the All-Star Break after performances like the last two. :)

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I woke up and saw that the Jackets only had 6 shots in the third period. How is that even possible when you desperately need a goal..

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Duclair isn't the most polished of players, but he is always engaged offensively and that speed of his generates a ton of chances. His defensive zone coverage can be lacking. We all know that.

I hope Torts doesn't "Milano" him. This kid has game breaking speed. After the first line, Anderson, Foligno, Jenner and Bjorkstrand, the offense is a black hole. I think it's worth giving him ample leash to really see what he can produce.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Team goes absolutely nowhere , without a legit #2 center. Jenner is Workman like, but more suited as a #3. Wennberg needs sent to the Ahl , or traded , he destroys any line they put him on . Everyone was happy for Torts last week , but his bench management , and double standards are atrocious .

Reactions: Facifer

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Duclair isn't the most polished of players, but he is always engaged offensively and that speed of his generates a ton of chances. His defensive zone coverage can be lacking. We all know that.

I hope Torts doesn't "Milano" him. This kid has game breaking speed. After the first line, Anderson, Foligno, Jenner and Bjorkstrand, the offense is a black hole. I think it's worth giving him ample leash to really see what he can produce.
He will... instead of developing the young talent , which would give this team a much higher ceiling , he sticks with his comfort level. And your right, team badly needs his speed , we are so slow . We have a bunch of big bodied forwards , and most of our offense is predicated on trying to initiate almost everything from the point

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
People are talking about a #2 center, but I've been saying it for a while... their shooting and finishing in particular sucks.

Need to be able to weave shots through traffic and hit corners rather than blocked/deflected/wide.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
People are talking about a #2 center, but I've been saying it for a while... their shooting and finishing in particular sucks.

Need to be able to weave shots through traffic and hit corners rather than blocked/deflected/wide.
A good place to start is not trying to score from the half wall. Miss the shot from there, it's likely going back the other way. Plus, it's a low percentage shot.

Reactions: Crede777

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I would like to see Duchene at center with Bjork and Duclair as his wings.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Foligno was god awful again last night. Why in god’s name he is on PP1 leaves me perplexed.

Not only do we need an upgrade at 2C, we desperately need to add a true top-6 LW

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
The only good news of the week: Caps and Pens kept losing as well.

NYI is about to solidify the first place in the division. Its quite insane what a good coach can do with seemingly unremarkable group of playerd

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

No kidding. When opponents shut down the top line, scoring becomes sketchy. Not surprising when 4 players on our bottom 6 - our center depth of Wennberg, Nash, Sedlak and Dubinsky have a collective 8 goals (Dubi with 4) - in about 160 games combined.

The two players on the bottom 6 who can score are either scratched or given restricted minutes (Bjork scores the only goal Friday and is given under 10 minutes on Saturday). The only leash those two get are a choker.

As an aside, thank goodness Dubi is back....4 game win streak when gone, two game losing streak upon his return. But he brings intangibles....simply unlucky he found himself on the ice for both Wild goals.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
No kidding. When opponents shut down the top line, scoring becomes sketchy. Not surprising when 4 players on our bottom 6 - our center depth of Wennberg, Nash, Sedlak and Dubinsky have a collective 8 goals (Dubi with 4) - in about 160 games combined.

The two players on the bottom 6 who can score are either scratched or given restricted minutes (Bjork scores the only goal Friday and is given under 10 minutes on Saturday). The only leash those two get are a choker.

As an aside, thank goodness Dubi is back....4 game win streak when gone, two game losing streak upon his return. But he brings intangibles....simply unlucky he found himself on the ice for both Wild goals.[/QUOTE]

That 8 goals figure is, well, ugly. There's no amount of "intangibles" or defensive play that can justify putting out those four over OB and 91.

It's good you have finally seen the light on Dubi. Ain't no one nowhere ever had such bum luck.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
That 8 goals figure is, well, ugly. There's no amount of "intangibles" or defensive play that can justify putting out those four over OB and 91.

It's good you have finally seen the light on Dubi. Ain't no one nowhere ever had such bum luck.
Hmmm, CR......You'll have to show me of any time I've not seen the light with respect to Dubi. I doubt if anyone has been a longer-standing critic.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
The only good news of the week: Caps and Pens kept losing as well.

NYI is about to solidify the first place in the division. Its quite insane what a good coach can do with seemingly unremarkable group of playerd
Trotz should take the playerds out for hamberders

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Foligno was god awful again last night. Why in god’s name he is on PP1 leaves me perplexed.

I'm perplexed at the timing of your complaint. I wouldn't put Foligno on PP1 but since he's been put there in the last few games he's been great. Look at the last set of PP goals by Panarin, and look at who is very effectively screening the goalie. Those are all easy saves if the goalie can see it.

Not only do we need an upgrade at 2C, we desperately need to add a true top-6 LW

Foligno has 20 points at even strength, which puts him in good company, right now in between Arvidsson and Forsberg as guys listed at LW. The team desperately needs, if it is to be a serious contender, a game-breaking scorer in the middle-six. There's no particular reason why Foligno is the one to upgrade there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad