Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Farmer back in

TWZe.gif

Reactions: wufuhimself

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I just realized that by refusing to call up Myers, Fletcher is making sure that the Flyers have only had 7 dmen play this season. Same as the number of goalies that have suited up in 18-19.

Reactions: wufuhimself

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
expectations are very small here. I expect this to be a fatberg.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Fletcher knows this season is pretty much too far gone, and doesn't think that it's worth calling up Myers.

I'd imagine that they're going to try to figure out how to move on from Mac this offseason. I'm not sure that they'll buy him out since his contract is tradable with one season left on it. Sending him either with a 4th round pick for a 6th/7th round pick is more than feasible at this point now to a team that has some space and will clear out 5.5 mil in cap room.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Have you watched the Phantoms?

Myers may be very talented, but he's far from being the savior at this point, he's not some huge upgrade from MacDonald, who actually has played decently since his return to the lineup.

18g 55.85% Corsi, GF/GA 11/14, SCF/CA 109/99, HDCF/CA 55/33

It makes sense to play MacDonald, and hope you can move him with salary retained (keep half and you save $2.5M next year).
Same with Weise, who is playing well enough to entice a team that wants veteran depth on the bottom six (look at what teams paid last year in FA for players like Weise, you can get him for little more than one year at $2.35M and not give a multi-year deal like Kamarov (4yr, $12M).
Kamarov 44g 5-9 14, 42.3% Corsi E +/- -6.9
Weise 42g 5-6 11, 48.5% Corsi, E +/- +1.7

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Lower Level Tickets at $25 a piece on stubhub. In the words of Sir Charles, "turrible."

Reactions: TheKingPin

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Lower Level Tickets at $25 a piece on stubhub. In the words of Sir Charles, "turrible."

I’d go and have the pain induced into me. But I work til 630 and it seems smarter not to try and rush down there for a crap showing. So ill just come home and and watch it on the couch.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Blasting Van Halen all day in my office, nursing a badly bruised cheek bone from a melee in a poutinerie this weekend. Worst part about it, my poutine was lost in the process.
Used to be a time I'd be PUMPED for the games. Now I'm just pumped to see Hart, and see some if some guys bump up their value for the deadline.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Fletcher knows this season is pretty much too far gone, and doesn't think that it's worth calling up Myers.

It's worth it because prospects who have already reached a high bar at the AHL level can only improve by playing at the next level up.

How can a GM be happy to promote a 20 year old goalie after only 17 AHL games, but scared to promote a dman with 101 AHL games who turns 22 this month? It makes no sense at all.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

I'd imagine that they're going to try to figure out how to move on from Mac this offseason. I'm not sure that they'll buy him out since his contract is tradable with one season left on it. Sending him either with a 4th round pick for a 6th/7th round pick is more than feasible at this point now to a team that has some space and will clear out 5.5 mil in cap room.

The fact that the season is lost should give them even more reason to call him up. This way he is more prepared for next season which will hopefully matter.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Blasting Van Halen all day in my office, nursing a badly bruised cheek bone from a melee in a poutinerie this weekend. Worst part about it, my poutine was lost in the process.
Used to be a time I'd be PUMPED for the games. Now I'm just pumped to see Hart, and see some if some guys bump up their value for the deadline.
Gotta love those melee's LOL.

Reactions: Felipe88

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I'm fine with trying 5 Forwards as a concept. Pushing boundaries is good, especially when you have nothing to lose. Gain some knowledge that could help when you're relevant. There are numbers that indicate it could be a good idea. Those 5 specific ones....I want to see this setup.

I wish they would stop limiting my enjoyment of Provorov by shoving him into every possible hole at all costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad