GDT: 46|Pittsburgh Penguins @ San Jose Sharks|01/15/2019|10:00PM EST|Joe Vitale Memorial Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
cut.jpg

(lulz at Brassard as the headline)
Game Date - Tuesday, January 15, 2019
Opponent - San Jose Sharks
Game Time - 10 PM
Place - SAP Center
TV - AT&T SportsNet
Radio - 105.9 FM, the X​

Notables
* Pittsburgh is 10-2 in its past 12 games. The Pens' PK is 28 of 30 (93.3%) in that span.

* Jake Guentzel was named the NHL's 3rd Star of the Week of Jan. 7-13. In 3 games during the week Guentzel posted 6 points (5G-1A). His 5 goals are the most in that span, which included his 2nd hat trick of the season.

* Guentzel has a 6-game scoring streak (7G-3A). He has notched a career-high 23 goals this season, and his 44 points are 4 away from his career-best 48 posted last season.

* In the last game between the Pens and Sharks on Jan. 30 of last season, Evgeni Malkin recorded a hat trick in a 5-2 win.

* San Jose is riding a 6-game winning streak into tonight's game. The Sharks are 8-1 in their last 9 games, and have only lost twice in regulation in their last 17 games (13-2-2).

* The Sharks have the 2nd-best home record in the league (16-4-4, 36 points). The 16 home wins are 3rdmost and their 89 goals at home are 4th most in the NHL.

Lineup

Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
Pearson-Malkin-Simon
Sheahan-Brassard-Kessel
Grant-Cullen-Wilson

Dumoulin-Letang
Maatta-Oleksiak
Pettersson-Johnson

Murray
DeSmith

Marcus Sorensen - - Joe Thornton - - Joe Pavelski
Lukas Radil -- Logan Couture -- Timo Meier
Evander Kane -- Tomas Hertl -- Joonas Donskoi
Melker Karlsson -- Barclay Goodrow -- Kevin Labanc

Radim Simek -- Brent Burns
Brenden Dillon -- Erik Karlsson
Tim Heed -- Justin Braun

Martin Jones
Aaron Dell

All Hail Joe Vitale!!

beedaf69951762bdbb58afff52becb12.jpg

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Just don’t blame me if they lose...I’m heading to the game and I’m 1-5 when I watch the Pens live in SJ....but the one win was a good one—SCF game—so I’m hoping it trumps my long losing RS streak at the Shark Tank...

Last edited:

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Just don’t blame me if they lose...I’m heading to the game and I’m 1-5 when I watch the Pens live in SJ....but the one win was a good one—SCF game—so I’m hoping it trumps my long losing RS streak at the Shark Tank...
So clearly you're due...go Pens!!!

Reactions: Andy99

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I may be back in Canada but my body clock is somewhere over the Atlantic, so, I'm going to bed :laugh: If I happen to wake up in a few hours I will put the game on the radio via my phone, and promptly pass out again :laugh:

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
This one starts 11pm locally for me in NS and I work tomorrow morning so I won't be able to watch all of this one. I should last a period before needing to crash.

Go Pens Go! SAP Center brings back good memories and old glories.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
This one starts 11pm locally for me in NS and I work tomorrow morning so I won't be able to watch all of this one. I should last a period before needing to crash.

Go Pens Go! SAP Center brings back good memories and old glories.
I'm almost ready to ease into that warm bed and blanket with a good show or movie and just fade into slumber.
I have made burgers with .. on the ready... RELISH, bacon, cheese, jalapenos, lettuce, a1, fixings galore and once I eat one or two of them after several beers, the night is finished. I don't know how much longer I can hold on.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Isles - tie so far.
CBJacks - 2 pt win.
Caps - LOSS.
MTL - 2 pt win.

Penguins need a a win tonight badly.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
nah I don't really do much caffeine.

Good man. Caffeine is a an addicting drug. I know I don't need it. I know I can survive without it. But that one or two tired days waking up in a row dooms me to getting a habit out of that morning pick me up. It's awful really .

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Good man. Caffeine is a an addicting drug. I know I don't need it. I know I can survive without it. But that one or two tired days waking up in a row dooms me to getting a habit out of that morning pick me up. It's awful really .
My thing is that it doesn't really make me feel awake, it just makes me have trouble falling asleep. I still feel just as tired, but I am jittery if I have too much before trying to sleep. I drink some pop, but I don't touch coffee or energy drinks.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
My thing is that it doesn't really make me feel awake, it just makes me have trouble falling asleep. I still feel just as tired, but I am jittery if I have too much before trying to sleep. I drink some pop, but I don't touch coffee or energy drinks.
Coffee keeps me from falling asleep, with hydration - else I get a headache and feel worse. Coffee + sugar = crack jitters. Energy drinks pure crap - they fill half of that bottle with sugar.

Same with sleep. I can't do it with a modicum of sugar/caffeine, my brain spins like a hamster wheel.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Do I start drinking now or should I have started hours ago?
I still got it going on... but... it's fading. 10-12 is like come down time with food and comfort. Not hockey filled adrenaline.
I'll try though.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
That San Jose lineup is nasty. If Thornton wasn't 100 years old, they'd be my pick to win it this season.

Reactions: DegenX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad