Stuart-Hannan
Vlasic-Braun

Niemi
Greiss

Really need to come out with a win today. Otherwise, it gets very tough.​

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Win and the Cinderella story continues. Lose and I will praise this team for one hell of a season because it'll most likely end our playoff dreams. Still on the believe train. Go Jackets.

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
Another place we haven't won at in a long time(2009); Two blowout wins against a team that would like to return the favor; SJ needs points for the home ice advantage; SJ 16-1-5 at home this season.... Weigh that against Bob in goal. Calvert out is big but me thinks the real deal will be how are D plays in support of Bob. Worried about Aucoin in particular here. Forwards must not have any lapses as well. SJ is going to bring it hard early and get the fans into it. Time for Gaborik to pot a timely goal. We'll need at least 4 to win IMHO.

3 keys

Stay out of the box
Play a solid defensive road game
Get our PP untracked

Last edited:

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Time for Gaborik to wake up, he's been completely invisible the whole road trip. He needs to stop cherry picking and get in the mix and get on the board. Savard needs a much, much better game if he's in for Aucoin as well. Bob needs to have an unreal game, he's had a couple softies go in the last few games. Go Jackets!

Jorge

Actor,Comedian,Drunk
Jan 11, 2011
Clintonville
I think the first team to four wins. I think the Sharks are a lot like Vancouver: they coast by on talent but don't work half as hard as the CBJ. (That's my polite way of saying the Canucks are a bunch of *****.:nod:)
Spot on about Gabby needing to come through with a timely goal. If the Jackets do happen to lose I think it's time to book tee times, but what an effort this year! Very proud of the late run. I hope everyone remembers to give Dorse a standing O when he comes back to town next season; IMHO he and Bob led the charge this year. :handclap:

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I think the first team to four wins. I think the Sharks are a lot like Vancouver: they coast by on talent but don't work half as hard as the CBJ. (That's my polite way of saying the Canucks are a bunch of *****.:nod:)
Spot on about Gabby needing to come through with a timely goal. If the Jackets do happen to lose I think it's time to book tee times, but what an effort this year! Very proud of the late run. I hope everyone remembers to give Dorse a standing O when he comes back to town next season; IMHO he and Bob led the charge this year. :handclap:

How great would it be to have a healthy Dorse in this game, this is his type of game and he would drag everyone into battle. I'm disappointed so far in Gaborik, I kind of expected it because Euros tend to disappear in the physical games but I sure hope he turns it on tonight!

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Win or lose, make or miss the playoffs... What a huge step in the right direction by this team this season. A couple of additions in the offseason (Murray on defense will be big; perhaps acquiring another scoring forward or two) and this team is absolutely on the inside track to a quick rebuild, and should actually be a playoff team next year, if Bob continues his stellar play.

Hats off to the culture change brought in by all the new faces, from J.D. and Jarmo, all the way down to guys like Dubinsky and Aucoin ... this is the team we should have been watching for the last decade; not the underachieving crap-fest we've all been witnessing.

Go Jackets ... keep the playoff dream alive tonight!

Jorge

Actor,Comedian,Drunk
Jan 11, 2011
Clintonville
How great would it be to have a healthy Dorse in this game, this is his type of game and he would drag everyone into battle. I'm disappointed so far in Gaborik, I kind of expected it because Euros tend to disappear in the physical games but I sure hope he turns it on tonight!

Kinda disappointed myself. I think he'll do better next year in the Eastern. Call me biased, but it seems like more of a finesse brand of puck. To be fair, I've seen three of four plays where Gabby seemingly drew a penalty only to have the refs swallow their whistles.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

9 games, 3 goals, 4 assists, +6 rating ... but the stat that really stands out for me is the 27 shots on goal. He's the lone gun on a team full of blue collar players ... the other team has keyed on him since he got here, and he's still manage to average 3 shots per game. He's known throughout his career to be a streaky scorer, but the fact that he's generating that many chances at the net is a feat in it's own right. I think we'll see him back on his game tonight, after a couple of days of rest ... the whole team was looking drained at times last game.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Another place we haven't won at in a long time(2009); Two blowout wins against a team that would like to return the favor; SJ needs points for the home ice advantage; SJ 16-1-5 at home this season.... Weigh that against Bob in goal. Calvert out is big but me thinks the real deal will be how are D plays in support of Bob. Worried about Aucoin in particular here. Forwards must not have any lapses as well. SJ is going to bring it hard early and get the fans into it. Time for Gaborik to pot a timely goal. We'll need at least 4 to win IMHO.

3 keys

Stay out of the box
Play a solid defensive road game
Get our PP untracked

Bill D how did you forget "get the legs moving"? :laugh:

My key - Score more goals some way, some how,just like the last 2 times we beat them.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
9 games, 3 goals, 4 assists, +6 rating ... but the stat that really stands out for me is the 27 shots on goal. He's the lone gun on a team full of blue collar players ... the other team has keyed on him since he got here, and he's still manage to average 3 shots per game. He's known throughout his career to be a streaky scorer, but the fact that he's generating that many chances at the net is a feat in it's own right. I think we'll see him back on his game tonight, after a couple of days of rest ... the whole team was looking drained at times last game.

Guy knows how to score. His hockey IQ stands out as far as where to go/what to do to get in position to score. I thin they're still figuring out who works best with him. But he is going to have to be fully engaged in these final three games. I've seen intermittent stretches of "jam," and I know it's not his game, but it's desperation time (as if it wasn't already).

I think Calvert is a huge loss. He's been a demon on the forecheck and always seems to be around the puck in scoring situations. Comeau into his spot will be interesting.

Joey's line is key.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Battle of the Vezina goalies. Hopefully the Jackets win in a blowout. Not only it will help their playoff chances but it could help Bobrovsky pull away from Niemi in the Vezina race.

I'll say 5-2 Jackets
goals by Gaborik,Letestu,Atkinson,Wiz, and Foligno

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
Bill D how did you forget "get the legs moving"? :laugh:

My key - Score more goals some way, some how,just like the last 2 times we beat them.
Love the Bill D reference! Scoring a lot is key; hence my 4 goal estimate. Where are they coming from? dunno? PP and Gabby seemed like the best place to start.

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012

Good post.....agree 100%

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

Yeah. I'm sure Dorsett the guy who has once scored over 4 goals in an entire season would surely be the one to help us win tonight. I could see Dorsett getting a couple stupid penalties and us suffering the consequences because of his overzealousness. Good energy guy, sure. Good teammate, sure. Drag everyone into battle? We have other guys that can do that and not take stupid penalties. And your disappointment in Gaborik is unfounded as SL pointed out in the trade for Gaborik thread (maybe this one). Your expectations of Gaborik is way too high as is your love affair with a mediocre hockey player. Sorry Dorse, still a fan.

Win or lose, make or miss the playoffs... What a huge step in the right direction by this team this season. A couple of additions in the offseason (Murray on defense will be big; perhaps acquiring another scoring forward or two) and this team is absolutely on the inside track to a quick rebuild, and should actually be a playoff team next year, if Bob continues his stellar play.

Hats off to the culture change brought in by all the new faces, from J.D. and Jarmo, all the way down to guys like Dubinsky and Aucoin ... this is the team we should have been watching for the last decade; not the underachieving crap-fest we've all been witnessing.

Go Jackets ... keep the playoff dream alive tonight!

Agree with this completely and have stated this in other threads.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
THE STATS GUY ‏@TH2NSTATSGUY
3 teams remain perfect when leading after 2 periods.....PIT, NYR, CBJ

Just needs to lead when heading to third, eh?

Hope I didn't jinx it.

THE STATS GUY ‏@TH2NSTATSGUY
Blue Jackets: 12-0-0 when leading after 2 periods.....2-14-3 when trailing after 2 periods

Last edited:

IHeartZherdev*

hey, racist, this stereotype couldn't be further from the truth and you win games by scoring goals, not by "being gritty."

Gaborik can put up more points in 2 weeks than Dorsett does in a season, and we have plenty of guys filling out the "physical" role for this team without Dorsett.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm looking forward to seeing what Comeau can do on the second line. I hesitate to wonder, but might Comeau be regaining his scoring touch?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->