4500 Helmet...which visor?

BruinsHockey74

Nov 17, 2010
ma
I have a Bauer 4500 and I am looking to get a visor for it.

I have always wanted one of the Oakley ones because I have always thought that they look awesome on this helmet, based on pictures of Doughty, Tambellini, Semin, Green, and many others.

Here is a picture of the one that I am looking for:

Drew Doughty Visor

However there are many who wear the Bauer visor on this helmet, such as Toews, Stamkos, and Peverley.

I am leaning towards the Oakley one, but is there a specific Oakley visor that works better with 4500, since it is a somewhat smaller helmet? I know that there is an Oakley "small" visor, but I was unsure if that is for smaller sized helmets. Thanks.

I wear a Medium 4500 by the way.

Thank you again.

Last edited:

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
If you play in a sanctioned league, make sure the visor has the sufficient certifications, not all do.

hitmanjat

Oct 21, 2010
I have a Bauer 4500 and I am looking to get a visor for it.

I have always wanted one of the Oakley ones because I have always thought that they look awesome on this helmet, based on pictures of Doughty, Tambellini, Semin, Green, and many others.

Here is a picture of the one that I am looking for:

Drew Doughty Visor

However there are many who wear the Bauer visor on this helmet, such as Toews, Stamkos, and Peverley.

I am leaning towards the Oakley one, but is there a specific Oakley visor that works better with 4500, since it is a somewhat smaller helmet? I know that there is an Oakley "small" visor, but I was unsure if that is for smaller sized helmets. Thanks.

Thank you again.

Oakley pro straight visor

Fly Like a C5

Dec 22, 2008

Thank you again.

The Oakley "small" visor (I believe Crosby wears one) is cut so that it shorter than pro straight visor (like Doughty wears). The small generally covers your eyes while the pro straight will generally cover down to your nose. The amount of your face covered by the visor varies based on your face and the way your helmet sits on your head.

Any Oakley visor you choose should fit your helmet. You will probably have to use the spacers that are included to mount the visor properly, but that's easy.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
I really like the oakley visors but I have found that its best to buy them in a bundle ( I normally buy them 3 at a time on ebay) But one visor I have fallen in love with is the bauer X100 i know that they are a bit more but are so easy to switch out if they are scratched. But if you like the Oakley visor go with it.

LA Kings Hockey

May 22, 2011
LA
i would go with the oakley because did you see stamkos visor just about crumple in the playoffs.:facepalm: how do you like the 4500

Guffaw

Apr 29, 2011
Drexel Hill PA
To each his own but I'll never get the visor vs. cage for anyone that doesn't get paid to do this for a living.

I've seen people get sticks and pucks to the face wearing visors in open hockey and just "messing around" and always shake my head. Can you really not see out of a quality cage?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad