GDT: #45 | Penguins vs Kings | Sat Jan12@1030PMest | FS-W, ATTSN-PT

Best part about attending Medieval Times? -multiple choice-

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Amen. And I sacrifice WAY more when the Aussie Open is on for tennis. I freaking love the Aussie Open (@Tom Hanks ). One of my absolute favorite tennis tourneys.

So i'll take a 10:30 great hockey any day.

Time zones line up pretty good for me for an Aussie Rules afternoon game which will be 9pm here which is perfect. Any night games for any sport throw it out of whack and I can’t sacrifice my sleep anymore unless it’s Hawthorn (Aussie Rules) in the finals which I will make an exception for.

Edit: @ColePens Ive been to the Aussie Open. It’s always a great time.

Reactions: Andy99 and ColePens

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I'm gonna be paying special attention to Muzzin and Carter tonight.

Be sure to note if their jersey numbers will transfer over well. Wouldn't want Pens equipment manager @Dana Heinze to tell them to wear something gross like 54 here.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'm gonna be paying special attention to Muzzin and Carter tonight.
Ever since he was on the mortal enemy flyers squad back in the days of the two teams looking to murder each other... I always missed Carter being on some team in the east.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So should we expect another goal for Pearson tonight, since players always score against their former teams? He now has 8 goals and 12 points in 28 games, which is about a 25 goal, 35 points pace. Considering he had a long stretch of dry play while injured and playing with a slumping Malkin and Brassard, I'm excited to see what he can do with a full season here.

JR has made some masterful trades in the last couple of months. The Hagelin-Pearson and Sprong-Pettersson trades have both been incredible for the Penguins.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
So should we expect another goal for Pearson tonight, since players always score against their former teams? He now has 8 goals and 12 points in 28 games, which is about a 25 goal, 35 points pace. Considering he had a long stretch of dry play while injured and playing with a slumping Malkin and Brassard, I'm excited to see what he can do with a full season here.

JR has made some masterful trades in the last couple of months. The Hagelin-Pearson and Sprong-Pettersson trades have both been incredible for the Penguins.
My sympathies goes out to whomever has to play with Brassard.

Reactions: Ryder71

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

His possession numbers have been a little eh. He's capable of a lot better there. But he has added some much needed secondary scoring. I'm glad to have him.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Amen amen amen. I started playing with my gf when I was 16. Just picked it up casually and then I became pretty good at it. I never knew how hard it was on the body. I played hockey since I was 4 years old and I fully believe tennis is harder on the body than hockey. That is why Andy Murray just retired. That is why 30 year olds look like 50 year olds on the court (except Fed).

In the summers i worked all the way up to a tourney player 5.0-5.5 NTRP. I am 33 now and love it. The shape you have to be in to play competitive is ridiculous.

I love it too...I've been playing since I was a kid...it's hard on the knees and hips though...my father was a semi-professional player and played as a qualifier in the French Open and he had two hip replacements because of tennis...as a result I stopped playing as I got middle-aged but I love it...I will stay up to the early morning hours Pacific Time to watch the grand slams....I've attended every grand slam in person with the exception of the Australian Open because it's tough to get a reasonable flight to Melbourne in January...

Reactions: ColePens

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Keep'em coming Eightyone!

We may get kicked in the head, but they always manage to persevere.

giphy.gif

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
LA does not want to be outshined by Anaheim...if the Ducks lost by 4 to us then they have to lose by 5 or 6 tonight...it’s a race to the bottom of the Pacific and better odds in the Hughes sweepstakes...come on LA!

Reactions: EightyOne

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
LA does not want to be outshined by Anaheim...if the Ducks lost by 4 to us then they have to lose by 5 or 6 tonight...it’s a race to the bottom of the Pacific and better odds in the Hughes sweepstakes...come on LA!

It would be nice if a team would just lay down for the Pens now and then and save the abuse they take almost on a nightly basis.

In the Frenchiest voice....
LA.....

Monty-Python-2.gif

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Another game I'll miss.

Guessing DeSmith gets the nod tonight. Hope Sid can get a big points night like Malkin had last night, deserves one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad