$45-million salary cap agreed on, Saturday NHL will uncancel season- THN

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
cassius said:
I agree.. thats as good as no cap.

Oh well. Too bad. If we need to sacrafice an expansion team or two to get this league back, than that's what's going to have to happen.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
cassius said:

its comments like these that bother me.

Did you people actually Expect a 36-40 Mil Cap?

45 mil as good as no cap. Tell that to The Wings, Avs, Stars, Blues, Rangers, Leafs and what 4-5 other teams who were above that number?

hell this number bugs me as a Detroit Fan. Because Its not going to allow them to get the rest of the people they need.

SuperMario45

Aug 10, 2004
Think the rule changes will come into effect for this season?

I can't wait to see all the trades and free agent pickups next week.

Anthony*

do we know any more specifics besides the 45 million number?

like linkage etc.

i guess not since theyve agreed 'in principle'

Doctor Zoidberg

Feb 16, 2005
cassius said:

What??? If anything, it's too low. You also know that there will be a 100% luxury tax at 42 million to 45 million, right? In fact, there are luxury taxes all the way from 30 million up. Enough is enough with the Predators and Hurricanes. If those teams had their wish, it would be a 2 million salary cap. If you can't cut it in a league with a 45 million hard cap, you aren't a big league city. That's just a fact.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Anthony said:
do we know any more specifics besides the 45 million number?

like linkage etc.

i guess not since theyve agreed 'in principle'
I imagine that's what the meeting will be about tomorrow.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Man this is getting freaky. Lately all the things I have been praying for have been happening. And every single time, it gets really really bad and looks like it won't happen, and then it does.

For example, I was praying that I passed one of my econ courses, and I wrote the final thinking I failed for sure. When I got my transcript, it said I got an F. I was angry because I had prayed so hard to pass, and I failed.

2 weeks later, my prof e-mails me to tell me he made a mistake and I got a B+. And now the hockey thing too! And some other small things as well. Man this is getting freaky!

tradetalker24

Sep 21, 2004
u guys are forgetting. This is the newsday deal, so if 8 teams hit 45 then it goes to 42....this is a great deal for the NHL cause i bet 8 teams will hit 45 and then the cap will be lower than the proposed 42.5. GREAT DEAL

Doctor Zoidberg

Feb 16, 2005
asp0209 said:
Think the rule changes will come into effect for this season?

I can't wait to see all the trades and free agent pickups next week.

Yup, Bettman announced he had already written another speech for his wednesday press conference had the NHLPA and NHL come to an agreement. In that speech, he was going to outline all the new rule changes for this season. He said they were going to have some fun this season and see what worked and what didn't. He made it sound like there were quite a few rule changes. YES!!!

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
kingsjohn said:
OMG! That is the deal that Newsday reported this morning

Great scoop by Newsday

Agreed. Newsday really came through. Note to self.

However, Ted Leonsis was on DC radio this morning discussing this whole thing in length and he said several times that he was mildly displeased with the 42.5 million cap, considering the 44 million NBA cap and their revenues. If this 45 mill. cap doesn't have serious luxury taxes past 42.5, I'm thinking that there will be at least 10-15 owners very unhappy.

acr*

I don't thnk they'll touch the rules if they're expecting to get on their feet within 10 days.

I can't wait to see the moves the B's make, we have a crapload of holes to fill and a lot of cap room

Robert Paulson*

I hope Goodenow gets kicked to the curb, AND have mud splashed all over him by the players in his expensive cars. :joker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->