GDT: #45 FLYERS 2 at Devils 3, Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019, 1:00 pm ET

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Thanks, BiggE, but we are talking from different ends of the spectrum. I stand, as usual, behind the Podium of Ignorance on whiskey. My Top 1 list of whiskies would be 1. Whiskey.

On wines, I am a big, big Chianti fan, mainly because I got to do a wine tasting in the beautiful Chianti region just outside Florence many years ago. So Italian reds and German whites would be my strong suit.
Love a good Chianti and an Amarone or Barolo too.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Nah, not even close. Hats off To Roy Harper, Hot Dog and the entire Coda album are much worse.

I like all their songs but Hot Dog is probably their worst.

Hats off to Roy Harper is actually an interesting song. I revisited it after never liking it.

Reactions: BiggE

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Sadly, I also had tix for the 1980 tour, it was my 15th birthday present.

grew up during the 80's so zeppelin was finished by the time I became aware of the music industry.
But, i was listening to zeppelin during the mid 80's. I had friends who were into hair metal. One guy's favorite band was Poison.
They used to bust my chops for listening to something "old". They got a kick out of Page's drunken huffing and puffing during the Atlantic records reunion show. Anyway, was that a mix of heroin and booze causing Page's drooling and huffing.

Anyway, years later I saw a couple of those guys for the first time in ages. They all told me how I was ahead of my time and how they were all big zeppelin fans.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
It’s pretty much impossible to make a top 10 list of best or even favorite whiskeys, but here are few of my faves

Balvenie 14 year old single cask
Glenfiddich 15 year old Solera reserve
Woodford reserve rye

Good choices. I'm using company as an excuse to open a Nikka 17 Pure Malt tonight.

Reactions: VladDrag

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
It’s pretty much impossible to make a top 10 list of best or even favorite whiskeys, but here are few of my faves

Balvenie 14 year old single cask
Glenfiddich 15 year old Solera reserve
Woodford reserve rye
So, you are on Speyside of scotches?

Reactions: BiggE

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Ah, the mighty Led Zep. I actually had tickets to see them on the tour where Bonzo unfortunately passed away. Always wish I had caught them(I was 14 yrs old lol).

However, there is a tribute band called Zoso that is pretty incredible. I highly recommend seeing them if you ever have the chance.

I saw Led Zepplica here once, they were incredible for a tribute band.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Nah, not even close. Hats off To Roy Harper, Hot Dog and the entire Coda album are much worse.

Wearing and Tearing was a song the band universally hailed as one of the most important in their chronology because it came at a time when the punk movement was in its short-lived zenith. It is one of my favorite tracks. I heard Plant play it live at a concert, unexpectedly, and it was one of the highlights of the evening.

Reactions: magnumpi and BiggE

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
wow, great chat - as for Zep, IMO the top 5 or 10 for me really depends on the mood i'm in, or what's happening in my life when listening. Ultimately, easy to get lost in most albums, that's the calling card of greatness.

As for the brown, I rather like the Balvennie Doublewood 12, and lately have been sipping on a Lagavulin 8 which is fairly pungent, but excellent.

Oh, and we made a trade! Graves is from my hometown, can't say I know him though (close to half my age lol)

Reactions: CSKA1974 and BiggE

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
don't forget the liver and farva beans

giphy.gif

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
grew up during the 80's so zeppelin was finished by the time I became aware of the music industry.
But, i was listening to zeppelin during the mid 80's. I had friends who were into hair metal. One guy's favorite band was Poison.
They used to bust my chops for listening to something "old".
They got a kick out of Page's drunken huffing and puffing during the Atlantic records reunion show. Anyway, was that a mix of heroin and booze causing Page's drooling and huffing.

Anyway, years later I saw a couple of those guys for the first time in ages. They all told me how I was ahead of my time and how they were all big zeppelin fans.

I attended that show at MSG. The hours passed, 12 or 13 of them with 20 or so musical artists playing. IIRC, the concert ended well after 2:00 a.m.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
not really, that team had no shot

That team was still extremely interesting.

Hartnell - Giroux - Jagr was one of the best lines in the league

It Voracek, Simmonds, Schenn, and Couturiers first season as Flyers after the big trades in the summer

Bryzgalov lol

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
That team was still extremely interesting.

Hartnell - Giroux - Jagr was one of the best lines in the league

It Voracek, Simmonds, Schenn, and Couturiers first season as Flyers after the big trades in the summer

Bryzgalov lol
It wasn't about Bryzgalov.

That was about Pronger's injury. With him I believe that we would beat Devils in play-offs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad