GDT: #44: Stars at FLYERS, Thursday, Jan. 10, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
giphy.gif

To continue the Airplane theme, it seems like the entire Flyers organ-i-zation is ironically asking if anyone can fly the plane this season.

Reactions: pit

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
any chance of suspending and rescheduling tmrw's game so the Flyers can practice a bit more......if only for MY MENTAL HEALTH ?

:confused::sarcasm:

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005
Much as I want to....I just don't care about this game or the season any more. I hope we land Hughes.... but I have doubts.

I want to see the young AHL talent be given a chance to crack the lineup.

Morin should not play this year. Let everything that's healed have extra time to heal properly. No need to rush back and play on this mess of a team. Hopefully next year we have a coach that teaches the talent how to play defense and Provy is back to his old self.

Last edited:

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Much as I want to....I just don't care about this game or the season any more. I hope we land Hughes.... but I have doubts.

I want to see the young AHL talent be given a chance to crack the lineup.

Morin should not play this year. Let everything that's healed have extra time to heal properly. No need to rush back and play on this mess of a team. Hopefully next year we have a coach that teaches the talent how to play defense and Provy is back to his old self.
Morin is expected to be 100% healed by early February, makes no sense for him to just sit out the last 2 months of the season. I’d much rather he work off the rust now in what is basically a no pressure environment and let him come into camp next year with 20-25 games of NHL experience under his belt.

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005
Morin is expected to be 100% healed by early February, makes no sense for him to just sit out the last 2 months of the season. I’d much rather he work off the rust now in what is basically a no pressure environment and let him come into camp next year with 20-25 games of NHL experience under his belt.

I hope the 100% assessment is right. We have players I suspect come back too soon or play hurt (Elliot, Neuvirth, AMac, and probably Provy all come to mind this year) and the team seems to allow it.

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
Is this the worst season you've ever had as a fan? I'm only old enough to remember from about 2000 on but I don't ever remember missing out on this many games. At least 06-07 that team was trash, we actually have talent now we're just terrible.

Reactions: Garbage Goal

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Since Morin is expected back by the end of February ( when the roster limits ends after the deadline), it makes it especially annoying that Fletcher isn't bringing Myers up now in the meantime.
Exactly. Give Myers 2 months of playing time before Morin gets his 6 weeks.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

I would expect that Morin would be sent to the Phantoms on conditioning assignment first before he would be in a position to play with the Flyers. So 14 days worth of AHL games and practices to test his health.

Reactions: BiggE

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Is this the worst season you've ever had as a fan? I'm only old enough to remember from about 2000 on but I don't ever remember missing out on this many games. At least 06-07 that team was trash, we actually have talent now we're just terrible.
Yup, this is as bad as it gets and I’m old enough to remember them getting eliminated on a late goal from 80 feet out on the last game in the season in 72.

Magua

Clutchest Genes to Ever Gene
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Carchidi is a fan of Gordon's system.

“Adapting to interim coach Scott Gordon’s new system hasn’t been the main reason the Flyers entered Tuesday with just seven goals in the last six games, most players said. Gordon agreed.”

:laugh:

At no point does Carchidi describe the system, he probably couldn’t describe it, and I doubt he knows anything about the Phantoms under Gordon in the slightest. But Gordon says it’s not his system, so don’t worry.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I can't even describe Gordon's system. Is it just pushing the puck up the wall as quickly as possible to get it deep into the offensive zone as quickly as possible? I see a lot of passing up the wall and forwards either receiving the pass and dumping it in or deflecting the pass in deep.

Last edited:

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
If this team can't learn an AHL system, there's a bigger problem.

tenor.gif

As someone who has watched far too many Scott Gordon coached AHL games, let me break it down very quickly for you.

His system is trash. It's bad for even AHL standards. I've gone into detail on this quite a few times over the last few years.

The main reason the Phantoms were successful is because Hextall poured tons of money into the team. Our AHL payroll has been obscene the last few years.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
tenor.gif

As someone who has watched far too many Scott Gordon coached AHL games, let me break it down very quickly for you.

His system is trash. It's bad for even AHL standards. I've gone into detail on this quite a few times over the last few years.

The main reason the Phantoms were successful is because Hextall poured tons of money into the team. Our AHL payroll has been obscene the last few years.

Yes, it's an AHL system just as John Stevens' system was. They need to hold themselves accountable though. Their job is to win games; they need to find a way to do that.

He may be a lame coach just as Hakstol, Berube and Stevens were but, and this is the first time I'm saying this, maybe we have a different leadership problem as well. Maybe our C should be an A instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->