GDT: #44 | Penguins vs Ducks | FRI JAN 11@10PMest on SN360, SNE, SNO, SNP, PRIME, ATTSN-PT

TACOS!!!!! Single choice, my street taco friends!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I am not trying to be a smart *** here. Is this a "don't even mention his name" situation, or is reasonable discussion allowed?

I think we had the former during the last game. And it was understandable.

Reasonable discussion is always allowed. If the dude has a good shift, call it out. But every shift should not be met with a career comparison. :laugh:

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Do all of you live in Cali? What the hell is going on?

qs2m3sB.gif

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I can’t really think of one honestly. Sure, there has been some bad asset management, but not really anything like that. The only 3 noteworthy players are:
1. Kasperi Kapanen hurts a little, but we got Phil so.....
2. James Neal had a couple of nice deep runs, but we got Horny, so.....
3. Flower, but it was him or Murray, so.....

David Perron also seems to be better on every other team. But even that trade was a win.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
:) You forgot an option for Tacos de Chorizo & Tacos de Cabeza. Cabeza tastes better than Lengua imo. Had it once at the home of my grandma's sister in mexico. Also had Tacos de Chorizo with fresh authentic chorizo at my grandma's brothers restaurant in mexico, spicier chorizo than what you get here.

Speaking of mexican food, in San Diego they invented Carne Asada fries, mexican poutine basicly.
You know whats better than Tacos ? if you can find someone who makes homemade Tamales, my moms bro makes & sells them to a few restaurants in california, pork tamales, chicken tamales, beef tamales, they've done experimental ones like mole tamales & chorizo tamales. Homemade tamales are the only way to have tamales, restaurants/frozen versions almost always suck unless the restaurant gets them from someone who makes homemade ones.
Tamales are the best. Learned how to make them from a friend's mother who was visiting from Mexico. Only downside is a bit labor intensive and for some reason kids really don't seem to like them.

Got me thinking about making some this weekend...

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Don't let @Randy Butternubs troll ya... :laugh: We just love our Despres. You are welcome to hang out here. We are a sarcastic bunch of idiots. :(
Lol. Too bad we can't loan players & then get them back after the playoffs cause then we could loan John Gibson. If they allowed teams to loan 1 player from their roster to another team for the duration of the playoffs. We'd probably not win another game til pre-season of 2019-20 lol.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Lol. Too bad we can't loan players & then get them back after the playoffs cause then we could loan John Gibson. If they allowed teams to loan 1 player from their roster to another team for the duration of the playoffs. We'd probably not win another game til pre-season of 2019-20 lol.

If we were to borrow a player, I'd prefer a D. Gibson is great, but we are fine in goal.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Tamales are the best. Learned how to make them from a friend's mother who was visiting from Mexico. Only downside is a bit labor intensive and for some reason kids really don't seem to like them.

Got me thinking about making some this weekend...
The ultimate mexican winter food imo, tomales corn + pork its kinda like Mexican Scrapple.

I wonder if they even have those in Toronto where Half-MexicanAmerican Auston Matthews is, after a while he might miss them so much he'll ask Toronto for a trade to a south west team or leaves via UFA & posts a twitter photo of A Matthews in a Coyote jersey as a kid & it becomes the reverse Tavares.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
The ultimate mexican winter food imo, tomales corn + pork its kinda like Mexican Scrapple.

I wonder if they even have those in Toronto where Half-MexicanAmerican Auston Matthews is, after a while he might miss them so much he'll ask Toronto for a trade to a south west team or leaves via UFA & posts a twitter photo of A Matthews in a Coyote jersey as a kid & it becomes the reverse Tavares.

I wanted him to go to Arizona so bad. Still do.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I am almost guaranteeing a victory for Anaheim tonight. Pens with a couple days off with a team that hasn't won since they last beat Pittsburgh. :laugh: It's all but over.

Reactions: Andy99

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Concerned about the 4th and 3rd lines due to injuries. Also concerned about some advanced possession and shot stats recently.

LGP

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I am almost guaranteeing a victory for Anaheim tonight. Pens with a couple days off with a team that hasn't won since they last beat Pittsburgh. :laugh: It's all but over.

You just don't want to stay up watching the game tonight. Don't justify it by giving away the win already!

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

And missing two feisty players...

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If we were to borrow a player, I'd prefer a D. Gibson is great, but we are fine in goal.
Lindholm + bag of tamales. Lindholm/Letang would be one heck of a pair, Linholms possession stats took a hit 2 years in a row thanks to our coach's archaic defensive system but on a system like Pitt (as we've seen what Petterssen is doing) he'd be flying on the ice, landing hits, jumping into the attack firing sneaky wrist shots thru traffic.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Lindholm + bag of tamales. Lindholm/Letang would be one heck of a pair, Linholms possession stats took a hit 2 years in a row thanks to our coach's archaic defensive system but on a system like Pitt (as we've seen what Petterssen is doing) he'd be flying on the ice, landing hits, jumping into the attack firing sneaky wrist shots thru traffic.

It would be Dumoulin/Letang and Lindholm/Schultz. Two formidable pairs.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Least we got Oleksiak for size.

Because size, not actual ability to defend, should be the criteria for playing a D man in the NHL...:)

I hate Maatta-Olek pairing with a passion unless Olek is going to fire some pucks in the net...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad