GDT: [#44] Dallas Stars at St Louis Blues, 7:00 PM CST (FS-SW) - The Promise Edition

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Happy birthday! Hope the Stars can get you everything you wanted cause I think we all want that too :laugh:

If Nichushkin doesn't play tonight I'll be pissed

ItsBennGreat

Get Jamie Benn a Stanley Cup '19 campaign
Jan 29, 2018
Raleigh. NC
Can someone explain to me why Miro is paired with Polak?
I'm trying to understand this? Is it to pick up his slack. Like my only marker I have for this is when Blysma used to pair Letang with Martin and Kris would have to work extra hard to pick up the slack, which lead to turnovers and messes in the neutral zone.
meh :-/

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Can someone explain to me why Miro is paired with Polak?
I'm trying to understand this? Is it to pick up his slack. Like my only marker I have for this is when Blysma used to pair Letang with Martin and Kris would have to work extra hard to pick up the slack, which lead to turnovers and messes in the neutral zone.
meh :-/

It's awful. Heiskanen and Klingberg seemed to work pretty well I thought and they are a perfect fit in the offensive zone together. Polak can never get the puck out of his own end it's so frustrating I'm sick of seeing him get top 4 minutes and time with Heiskanen.

ItsBennGreat

Jan 29, 2018
Raleigh. NC
It's awful. Heiskanen and Klingberg seemed to work pretty well I thought and they are a perfect fit in the offensive zone together. Polak can never get the puck out of his own end it's so frustrating I'm sick of seeing him get top 4 minutes and time with Heiskanen.

Yeh, I agree. I don't understand it one bit, it's like we're a 1000 jigzaw puzzle that has a few key pieces put together but we're missing 980 pieces to complete it.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Why is Heiskanen paired with Polak is pretty simple. Lindell and Polak together is a disaster, Carrick is just being worked back into the lineup and Honka isn't trusted by anyone in the organization.

Reactions: Blindsummit

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Blues are feeling as confident as ever after they got a solid goaltending effort last game (1st start, first win, first shutout for their goalie), and on top of that they got a goal from Tarasenko.

I have an awful feeling about this game

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Nichushkin's first goal took:

13 games in 2013-14

13 games in 2015-16

33 games and counting in 2018-19

Makes u think
His last goal happened on March 4, 2016. That was two years, ten months, and five days ago.

Since then, he's played in 63 NHL games (4 preseason, 49 regular season, and 10 playoff games) without a goal.

ItsBennGreat

Jan 29, 2018
Raleigh. NC
They showed clips from the last time the Stars won in STL, it was back in 2015. One of the clips was Jamie shooting the puck at the net - it was a goal, but it wasn't a tip in...and I was like "lol what the heck happened in 4 years that he doesn't do that." I'm honestly perturbed.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Great comeback to the lineup for Carrick with two penalties right away.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I also have no idea why Shore and Spezza play together. Adding Condra makes it even worse .

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
I also have no idea why Shore and Spezza play together. Adding Condra makes it even worse .

Probably in hopes their offensive creativity makes something happen. Of course what good is longshot offensive potential when they can't retrieve a puck from the other team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad