Player Discussion: 44-2

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Did we just happen to stumble upon something great? This CdH-Leddy pairing has been playing well and was absolutely outstanding tonight. Leddy's best game this year and the best I've seen CdH play. I'd like to see them get an extended look together, even after Hamonic and Boychuk come back.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Yeah it's terrific.

Wonder how it impacts what the guys do when Hamonic and Boychuk return..

Leddy-CDH
Pelech-Hamonic
Hickey-Boychuk

???

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Leddy on the right side shoots a heluva lot more than Leddy on the left side.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Leddy on the right side shoots a heluva lot more than Leddy on the left side.

I thought it was reported that Leddy played RD for a season in Chicago. Can anyone confirm this? He definitely doesn't look out of place on that side.

Further evidence that Capuano's handedness excuse was a bunch of bull crap. Seems like it was just an excuse to justify Strait's place in the defense group.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I thought it was reported that Leddy played RD for a season in Chicago. Can anyone confirm this? He definitely doesn't look out of place on that side.

Further evidence that Capuano's handedness excuse was a bunch of bull crap. Seems like it was just an excuse to justify Strait's place in the defense group.

Yeah, Leddy said he had spent a season on the right over in Chicago.

TommytheCat

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
that check he threw (44)on that rag knocking him into the bench was awesome ... nice to see our defenders skating the puck too ... I think the coaches got into leddys ear man the guy can fly when he wants to...

Last edited:

rockhouse15

Jul 23, 2011
I like this pairing a lot. Both have great wheels and Leddy seems more engaged offensively while CDH is playing more physical. They seem to cover up well for each other and neither back down to bigger forwards. I like the above potential pairings of

CDH-Leddy
Hickey-Boychuk
Hamonic-Pelech

You can match-up Leddy with faster lines and Hamonic with bigger ones. You also give the rookie a lot of cover with Hamonic and free up Hickey-Boychuk with easier assignments

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
I love that CdH is playing with an edge, but I don't think he can bring that level of physicality over an extended period of time. This whole knocking players over the boards thing? Not sustainable. Once he loses that I think this pairing is too soft. I want the old pairings once Boychuck/Hamonic are back.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY

It's not a bunch of bull. 99% of defensemen have a very strong preference to play strong side, at any level. Even leddy said he has much better vision playing strong side, because you have to basically turn your chest to the net at certain times in the d zone if you're playing weak side, far more than if you're playing strong side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad