GDT: #44 - 04/17/21 | Rangers vs. Devils | 12:30 PM ESPN+, MSG, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
It’s going to be hysterical when some of these clowns have to suffer a cup win because Quinn coaches them.

They'll say another coach would have won in less games and then moan that some player didn't get enough ice time.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Dude, if Quinn coaches this team to a cup, I'll put a poster of his face over my bed.

It's because I think he lessens our chances of winning one whilst coaching that I'd like to see him replaced.

Which Ranger coaches were good?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Since the 3 points in first 15 games, Mika is not a 96 point pace. If you're like many Rangers fans that think the 9-0 and 8-3 games don't count he's on a 67 point pace since the first 15 games, taking out those two games. That's still first liner level, albeit not a superstar first liner level.

Reactions: haveandare

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Rangers apparently second best record/points gained since March 13th... and Panarin, Mika, Fox are 1, 3 and tied for 4th in points during that stretch.

Too similar to last year. If we could be the second half Rangers for a full season we’d be a top team.

Tell Zib not to catch Covid, again and Putin to leave us alone.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
If Rangers go 9-2-1 then:
Islanders 5-7, 4-7-1
Bruins 6-6-2, 7-6

I think we have a better shot catching the Isles, but we have to sweep them.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Found a way to win...I don't care who gets the points...like seeing Trouba pick up his physical play too. The game tomorrow could be much nastier....it is heading in that direction . I wonder does Gauthier get in over Blackwell ?

Because Blackwell has too many goals?

Reactions: Unpredictable1

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
My memory sucks so I don’t remember stuff well enough but somebody on another site said both Kreider and Lafreniere had their best stretches while playing with Strome is that true anybody?

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Not a popular take here, but I believe that both Tortorella and AV were, and are, good coaches who simply wore stale as their tenure grew on here.

I feel like our best AV was early AV while the players still had some Torts in them. I like Torts because he modifies what he does to fit what he has to work with, but I would imagine it wears on the players after a while.

Reactions: Greg02

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I think it's entirely possible that Mika is just a streaky player when it comes to confidence.

Except that he had no eye-hand coordination for 20 games for the first time in his career, right after having Covid. Some who get Covid are turning out to have what might be permanent neurological damage.

Reactions: haveandare

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Tell Zib not to catch Covid, again and Putin to leave us alone.

Well that’s valid, and I’m not being overly serious or pessimistic, I just find it interesting/amusing/whatever how it mirrors last season where we made a late surge and we’re a bubble team but one of the hottest teams with the best second half records in the league. I’m not like truly griping about it, just kind of noting the similarity. Relax y’all. I’m just here to love the team and all of you guys.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Not a popular take here, but I believe that both Tortorella and AV were, and are, good coaches who simply wore stale as their tenure grew on here.

AV was about as disrepected here as any coach, except of course for Quinn, until the next guy.

What do you mean by stale? Are you referring to eventually players may tune out a coach or something else?

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Well that’s valid, and I’m not being overly serious or pessimistic, I just find it interesting/amusing/whatever how it mirrors last season where we made a late surge and we’re a bubble team but one of the hottest teams with the best second half records in the league. I’m not like truly griping about it, just kind of noting the similarity. Relax y’all. I’m just here to love the team and all of you guys.

Might be a pattern, but I vote nay. If it happens again, I'm probably with you.

Reactions: LokiDog

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
AV was about as disrepected here as any coach, except of course for Quinn, until the next guy.

What do you mean by stale? Are you referring to eventually players may tune out a coach or something else?

Sometimes players tune out, sometimes the makeup of the roster changes such that a different style would be more optimal for the core players of the team.

Vigneault was great for some of our guys when he was brought in, awful for others like Staal and G.

As for our discussion on “long covid”, my understanding is that the scientific jury is still out on whether it’s a thing. Read some articles, albeit from sources with a bias, that compared it to the myth about “chronic Lyme disease”

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Sometimes players tune out, sometimes the makeup of the roster changes such that a different style would be more optimal for the core players of the team.

Vigneault was great for some of our guys when he was brought in, awful for others like Staal and G.

As for our discussion on “long covid”, my understanding is that the scientific jury is still out on whether it’s a thing. Read some articles, albeit from sources with a bias, that compared it to the myth about “chronic Lyme disease”

What jury?

I thought it was accepted fact.

Docs I know absolutely believe it's a real thing.

Neurologic complications of COVID-19

Is your source something like Gateway Pundit?

Last edited:

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
What jury?

I thought it was accepted fact.

Docs I know absolutely believe it's a real thing.

Is your source something like Gateway Pundit?

Wall Street Journal. So admittedly biased, but not exactly breitbart or jacobin

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Wall Street Journal. So admittedly biased, but not exactly breitbart or jacobin

If you have a link, I'd be curious to read it.

BTW, about 3 weeks after getting my 2nd Pfizer shot, I got a blood clot in my lung. Subsequent tests can't find any reasons for the blood clot.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Same. Quinn is decent enough as well. He certainly has his flaws. His shelf life is running it’s course as well. If rangers finish strong he could have one more year at the helm. I think they would be better served getting their new guy in faster. Thats if management has identified his replacement in their eyes. Torts gets the most out of his players. AV was good the early years with a mostly veteran team. Too bad they didn’t want to give Sullivan a shot in the big seat. He was a good assistant coach while he was here. I think he would do well with a young talented team

Last edited:

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
I happened to listen to DQ in postgame on radio and I was turned off. Whinning like nobodies business about how you can't play like that yada yada...you'd think there on a 10 game losing streak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad