Prospect Info: #43OA - C/LW Janne Kuokkanen - Karpat, FIN (traded to NJ)

Aug 25, 2009
éal
He has scored in a fourth consecutive game - up to 5 points in his last 4 games and that last game isnt even finished playing. What can NJ fans tell us about him?

Aug 25, 2009
éal
You’ll have to go to their board and ask...

You’ll probably find more of them on the devils board.

This is what this board is for. Give other teams fans insight on prospects they dont see much play. I dont go on every indivdiual team board to see how their prospects are doing, I come to this section and I get a good idea.

edit : lol im really sorry guys I thought I was on the prospects main board...

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He has scored in a fourth consecutive game - up to 5 points in his last 4 games and that last game isnt even finished playing. What can NJ fans tell us about him?
He was drafted as a smart two way guy and has lived up to it. He’s not big or physical, he’s a patient and poised possession first play maker. Rarely makes a bad puck decision. He had become dominant his last season in the minors, clearly thinking ahead of everyone else and from what I’ve seen this year in NJ a lot of what he brings is translating very well. He’s a layman’s Backstrom on the wing imo. He’s legit right now for anyone’s third line and could play likely second on a few. Still has room for growth. We never gave him a solid chance and it was unlikely that Brind’Amour ever would as he really likes classic North American grinders in the bottom six. There have been exceptions at times, but unless Kooks was going to come in as a top six he was never going to play here.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
The Devils can't even spell his name correctly smh

ehfynyqmw2n61.jpg

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The Devils can't even spell his name correctly smh

ehfynyqmw2n61.jpg
He says in the interview that the equipment guy came embarrassed during the first break to confirm the wrong spelling and asked him to not tell anyone. But of course this dick already had scored a goal and gotten all the cameras on himself.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
not good defensively, doesn't shoot enough, plays peripherally, individualistic style, puts himself in and out of a lot of bad situations with his stickhandling, didn't seem to have a strong sense of trying to get into the interior of the defense. skating is decent but not great, which is a theme. my accounting of him would be a less skilled version of teuvo fresh from chicago with minimal chance of finding the aho to right his ship. the goal scoring will dry up soon considering the shot volume, but the playmaking should stay pretty solid. a lot of empty calories, but that's what bad team scorers are. we're a good enough team to jettison guys like this now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad