#43 wake up or trade him before 2020 season

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
If we could trade Naz w/o losing any kind of depth at C, and have the same amount of jam or more, sign me up
But I don't see it for his cap hit

Like I've been saying, it will have to help the team and you can't put any restrictions on how it affects the depth at C
however we will be facing a cap crunch and if that's part and parcel of any trade, that will be up to Dubas and the capoligists to determine and make a decision on and no one here knows what any trade entails and Dubas doesn't give out any info.

The Muzzin trade was not discussed even by the Media and they were as surprised as everyone when it was announced and we paid big price for him but he has improved the team and that's the reason for making trades.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
LOL no, I've been sayint trade anyone if it helps the team. You've just been saying trade Kadri. What is it you have against him anyway?

No I haven't, I've been saying Kadri's cap hit of 4.5 mill makes him a target to be traded, I've also mentioned Zaitsev and Marleau, we are facing a cap crunch and these 3 players represent 15.250 mill in cap and we can likely replace them with other players, Marleau will likely go unsigned next year but he may waive his NMC and go elsewhere this year.

Every time you keep asking me what I have against Kadri, I'm trying to get value for this team, by trading a player that is obviously not doing well as a 3rd line center and will likely not do any better by keeping him longer, Zaitsev is lost out there most nights and Marleau will probably not be re-signed by the Leafs but you never answer why Kadri needs to be here and you and the entire KFC (it's always the same posters)( that are so set against him leaving), he will make his money no matter where he goes, his contract guarantee's that?

To me he is just another player, he is not special and and why is there so much angst by one group, to Keep him here?

Reactions: Pookie and kb

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
No I haven't, I've been saying Kadri's cap hit of 4.5 mill makes him a target to be traded, I've also mentioned Zaitsev and Marleau, we are facing a cap crunch and these 3 players represent 15.250 mill in cap and we can likely replace them with other players, Marleau will likely go unsigned next year but he may waive his NMC and go elsewhere this year.

Every time you keep asking me what I have against Kadri, I'm trying to get value for this team, by trading a player that is obviously not doing well as a 3rd line center and will likely not do any better by keeping him longer, Zaitsev is lost out there most nights and Marleau will probably not be re-signed by the Leafs but you never answer why Kadri needs to be here and you and the entire KFC (it's always the same posters)( that are so set against him leaving), he will make his money no matter where he goes, his contract guarantee's that?

To me he is just another player, he is not special and and why is there so much angst by one group, to Keep him here?
A side from the Fan club which I don't even know it exists, this goes back to 5 years ago when everybody wanted him traded. It hasn't happened and most of the posters agreed he will not be traded but posters like you keep bringing it up every 6 months. Stop please

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Perhaps you "envision" him that way, I'd rather not put any labels on him myself. Kadri seems to a have a new role every year or two and new linemates every few months so I just envision him as a very good player, one who's been consistently playing at a level higher than his pay grade for several years now.

Not sure why people get so defensive about Kadri. He has his fair share of deficiencies and while he’s not someone who would be on my trade block he isn’t someone I’d hesitate on upgrading on because he really isn’t that special.

Reactions: Pookie

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
He's paid fairly IMO, and is not a bargain at this moment in time. I don't think Leafs will improve by trading him now because other teams may not be very interested at this time.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Unless his game continues at a 25/30 G/A pace, I don't think they'l sign him to an extension in 2022.

Dubas walked from Bozak this summer, same age kadri will be when his deal is over.

Use him for his value right now, and then hopefully Nylander either is the 3C, or they develop internally in the next 2 1/2 years.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Nope. What you said was trade Kadri and "get something back". Which is ridiculous.

And you obviously don't even have the most remote clue as to what is reasonable to expect from a 3rd line centre in the NHL.

A side from the Fan club which I don't even know it exists, this goes back to 5 years ago when everybody wanted him traded. It hasn't happened and most of the posters agreed he will not be traded but posters like you keep bringing it up every 6 months. Stop please

More like every 6 games but other than that, :thumbu::thumbu:

Not sure why people get so defensive about Kadri. He has his fair share of deficiencies and while he’s not someone who would be on my trade block he isn’t someone I’d hesitate on upgrading on because he really isn’t that special.

I'm not sure why people keep attacking Kadri but as long as they do and he's outperforming his cap hit by a good margin, I'll be here defending for him. I hope that helps.

TMLS

Oct 30, 2013
London, Ontario
It wont matter if he goes on a 10 game goal streak. On the 11th game, when he doesnt score, the usual crowd will be calling for a trade. [MOD]
This. While the utter plug Marleau averages 17+ mins on ice every game and does absolutely nothing other than kill plays. While making way more than Kadri makes. Yet some here hate Kadri more than him for whatever reason, eventho Kadri way more useful to this team than Marleau and has a way smaller cap hit as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Koolboss

kb

Aug 28, 2009

Well asked. Here is the answer. It appears to be a personal affront to them to even suggest this. To try to make the team better at the expense of this particular player. It appears their job is to silence you at every turn, and mock you for considering it. Plus, it appears they will never acknowledge that A) you mentioned others just as prominently, and B) him outperforming his contract makes him a very valuable asset not only to the Leafs, but for teams looking for centre help. He's a low #1/high#2C playing a #3c role on a bargain contract. Teams know this too. This carries tremendous value in the trade market.

It wont matter if he goes on a 10 game goal streak. On the 11th game, when he doesnt score, the usual crowd will be calling for a trade. [MOD].
If he scores in 10 straight games, doesn't that make him an even more valuable trade chip should the Leafs choose to go that route? Believe me, it's not specific to him - this applies to every single player on the roster. Everyone needs to get over themselves. There is no attack here, and especially not even close to the hatchet job you did non-stop with Nylander. Pot meet kettle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pookie

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

Don’t sweat it. You are never going to break through the logic gap here.

I even advocated for trading Bozak, JVR and Komarov (and Hunwick and Polak) at the trade deadline. Which is clealy controversial. Not a peep.

Mention that Kadri could also bring back value for the team... be it a needed player or as things turn out now, cap relief and prospects... and the place goes to shit.

What’s also weird is that @diceman934 can make a comment saying we can’t afford to pay this much for a 3C. Folks generally agree until circumstances have Kadri playing this role.

Your arguments are solid. Your history is clear.

Reactions: Budsfan

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
LOL no, I've been sayint trade anyone if it helps the team. You've just been saying trade Kadri. What is it you have against him anyway?
Kadri is playing great, coming into stride again after a cold streak, and is on an extremely team friendly contract.
Its like there is a screw loose is some people's brains, you can't argue with them.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
This. While the utter plug Marleau averages 17+ mins on ice every game and does absolutely nothing other than kill plays. While making way more than Kadri makes. Yet some here hate Kadri more than him for whatever reason, eventho Kadri way more useful to this team than Marleau and has a way smaller cap hit as well.

What is your evidence of “hate” for Kadri?

The fact that he’s been mentioned as a trade candidate?

The fact play has been criticized at times (and applauded by the same people other times)?

Seems like fans “hate” all players if that’s the criteria.

So, enlighten us as to your examples of “hate” you have uncovered?

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Don’t sweat it. You are never going to break through the logic gap here.

I even advocated for trading Bozak, JVR and Komarov (and Hunwick and Polak) at the trade deadline. Which is clealy controversial. Not a peep.

Mention that Kadri could also bring back value for the team... be it a needed player or as things turn out now, cap relief and prospects... and the place goes to ****.

What’s also weird is that diceman934 can make a comment saying we can’t afford to pay this much for a 3C. Folks generally agree until circumstances have Kadri playing this role.

Your arguments are solid. Your history is clear.
I remember that very well. And I (and most) agreed that $4 million was too much for a #3C in the cap world - and that he should be traded. But if $4 million is too much, then so is $4.5 million, and especially so when it means that nearly 33% of the cap is being spent on the top 3c's alone. So I find it bewildering that there is currently a #3c making more than last years #3c, and possessing tremendous trade value (arguably more trade value to other teams than the player value he provides to the Leafs in his current/future role), and somehow it's sacrilege to even suggest trading this player. It shouldn't be off limits to discuss or hypothecize about ANY player.

Reactions: Budsfan and Pookie

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Well asked. Here is the answer. It appears to be a personal affront to them to even suggest this. To try to make the team better at the expense of this particular player. It appears their job is to silence you at every turn, and mock you for considering it. Plus, it appears they will never acknowledge that A) you mentioned others just as prominently, and B) him outperforming his contract makes him a very valuable asset not only to the Leafs, but for teams looking for centre help. He's a low #1/high#2C playing a #3c role on a bargain contract. Teams know this too. This carries tremendous value in the trade market.

If he scores in 10 straight games, doesn't that make him an even more valuable trade chip should the Leafs choose to go that route? Believe me, it's not specific to him - this applies to every single player on the roster. Everyone needs to get over themselves. There is no attack here, and especially not even close to the hatchet job you did non-stop with Nylander. Pot meet kettle.
A fair trade proposal is not an attack. A proposition such as, "let's trade kadri", is highly annoying during good periods and bad periods, week after week, year after year.

Reactions: kb and wmark

wmark

Apr 5, 2014
It's weird that a team would spend 33% of their cap on 3 centre's who are currently the top 4 forwards on the team. That's insane o_O

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018

I give wide latitude. Criticize away. The moment you begin a campaign, it isnt about hockey anymore. The moment you start advocating that kadri gets traded with no specific trade target, be ready to defend your views of why he needs to be. You mentioned that a 10 game streak would make him valuable. Find me one post that proposes a decent player (other than Kadri) on a great contract get traded from a cap strapped team with no specific target. I've blocked the biggest kadri hating fool of the bunch and some of his followers because the obsession is pathological or it's a troll job. Feel free to die on that hill if you are merely standing up on principle. I'm uninterested in such discussions. I want to talk hockey.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

Upgrading on Kadri as your 3rd line center isn't very realistic.

Yeah, I wouldn't hesitate to make Doughty our #3 defenseman, or Carey Price our backup goalie, but I don't really think about that because it's pretty silly.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
It's weird that a team would spend 33% of their cap on 3 centre's who are currently the top 4 forwards on the team. That's insane o_O

Well, actually it is:

RankTeamPoints Cap Hit for Top 3 Centres
1TBL88 9.85
2WPG75 14.33
San Jose75 18.63
4Calgary74 13.68
5Toronto73 27.10
6NYI72 7.86
Boston 72 15.05
8NSH71 18.10
9Montreal69 7.16
10WSH69 18.00
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Well, actually it is:

RankTeamPoints Cap Hit for Top 3 Centres
1TBL88 9.85
2WPG75 14.33
San Jose75 18.63
4Calgary74 13.68
5Toronto73 27.10
6NYI72 7.86
Boston 72 15.05
8NSH71 18.10
9Montreal69 7.16
10WSH69 18.00
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

So you're just going to include Matthews future AAV on our cap, but not update any of the other teams? Point in Tampa? Connor in Winnipeg? The kid who's name I can't spell in Montreal? Barzal in NYI? Leaving out comparable teams who have won the cup like the Pens and Hawks :laugh::laugh::laugh:.

That list is a joke.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad