#43 wake up or trade him before 2020 season

kb

Aug 28, 2009
They try to fill it the best way they can. The problem is that the Leafs have the depth, yet some fans would rather trade one of the best point producing third line centres and are happy replacing him with a downgrade. If we had centre depth in the minors that could play at an NHL level, then maybe they could think about trading Kadri.
The reality is that no one has that kind of depth. No one. I'm not even one advocating to trade him, but it is not even allowable to say he's not playing well.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Zaitsev had some really nice jump in his offensive game. He has Gardineritis at times defensively and polarized himself.

I don't think we had a great game going for some time now. Babcock was fighting with his assistant coach on the bench last night too. Did you see that yet??

Yeah fourth line was on pucks all night i agree

Zaitsev played one of his better games until he failed to box out Armia and then flipped the puck out of play.

This might be a bit harsh , but I think we have played about 8 complete games this year-still waiting for all to be on board at the same time.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The reality is that no one has that kind of depth. No one. I'm not even one advocating to trade him, but it is not even allowable to say he's not playing well.
Your last sentence is difficult to understand.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Zaitsev played one of his better games until he failed to box out Armia and then flipped the puck out of play.

This might be a bit harsh , but I think we have played about 8 complete games this year-still waiting for all to be on board at the same time.

I agree. The top six rated players playing in the top 6 spots on lines 1 and 2 would alleviate some consistency problems, but I digress;)

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Your last sentence is difficult to understand.
Probably. lol

I was saying that I don't advocate trading him, but people should be allowed to point out when Kadri isn't playing particularly well. Because here on this board, it's an absolute no-no to say that.

Reactions: Pookie

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
This teams whole problem is they play like runway models seconds before they are up. Serious lack of testosterone. Coaches should call it out but lets face it, Rogers Bell MLSE all pretty much signalled we dont believe in rough play.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Last time i checked we are in a position of cap space. Don't forget to factor that in while you ate at it ok

Which means that if we have to move $$$’s Kadri’s (declining) play really isn’t worth discussing. We may need to shave millions.

Target meet back.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Probably. lol

I was saying that I don't advocate trading him, but people should be allowed to point out when Kadri isn't playing particularly well. Because here on this board, it's an absolute no-no to say that.
Fair enough.

He's had to take a step back to make room for Marner, Tavares and Matthews. That can't be easy.

I think, considering the changes, he's been fine - albeit snake bitten.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
What if we introduced you to salary cap 2019-2020?

Well i would introduce Rosen and Sandin
Which means that if we have to move $$$’s Kadri’s (declining) play really isn’t worth discussing. We may need to shave millions.

Target meet back.

I see plenty of options to meet the cap and keep everyone we want. Be up against the cap is perfectly acceptable for a single season i believe.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
I dont get how so many dont see it. Hes had an issue scoring that's one. Two he kills our 1st PP unit, hes the guy who's supposed to be hard on the puck and bump it to Auston or Morgan. Many I've read in other threads agree, and are saying take him off that unit.

Also noticed ..because he is having a hard time scoring, he hugs the puck instead of finding a wide open brown or nylander.

I'm not saying he sucks, but saying he isnt playing as he should. Hes most effective when he plays like Marchand. Pesky, hits, gets under guys skin..hes not doing that. He used to be the best leaf at drawing penalties and I cant even remember the last time he did.

Is there a better option? Not right now. I'm just frustrated with his play. The point was always that if he played like he has in the past it's free up JT or AM line, only once in the last several weeks did he do that. The night Nylander scored first (not last night) brown even got one, he didnt though.

In summary, hes a good player, but needs to pick it up that's all

Reactions: Cobra777

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
If he earned more money, I have a feeling he would be performing better.

He's ok this year, but Oppie has a point. He's always had 35 goal 70 point potential but playing as a 45-50 point guy. He know's he's underpaid and is playing as a 4.5 million dollar guy rather then smashing through to his potential. That's just my opinion.

Can’t say this hasn’t crossed my mind. Seems like he got even more disengaged after the Nylander contract. Now he looks at Matthews and sees someone who makes 7.1 million more. It takes a toll on players I think.

Trading him is still stupid though

Last edited:

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
Kadri may be having an off year but he does all the little things right. He plays a 200 foot game. It would be nice to see him get a goal though every once in a while.

He has to be the most hot and cold player. When he gets going hes good than he disappears off the score sheet for the longest time. At least now the pressure is off him because JT and Matthews are doing the work so he doesnt have to worry as much.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Kadri may be having an off year but he does all the little things right. He plays a 200 foot game. It would be nice to see him get a goal though every once in a while.

He has to be the most hot and cold player. When he gets going hes good than he disappears off the score sheet for the longest time. At least now the pressure is off him because JT and Matthews are doing the work so he doesnt have to worry as much.
Points is not a great way to measure Kadri effectiveness because he is so hot and cold.

Also, he has been asked to change his role on the team - which couldn't have been easy. He deserves a lot of credit for taking the lesser role without whining and complained while still working his *** off.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Well, here's the thing. just because you say it and you believe it, doesn't make it true. That's how millenials believe the world works. There are facts and realities that can't be swept under the rug for the sake of opinion. The truth of the matter is, you are just plain wrong - the stats say it.

Go on the main board and try to trade Kadri for Couturier, and then come back here. Do it as a Flyers fan trying to trade Couturier even.

We don't need that player because we already gave that player. Main board, you me the Leaf hater board. Be genuine please, don't try being clever. Main board haha thats funny Sh!t right there.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Points is not a great way to measure Kadri effectiveness because he is so hot and cold.

Also, he has been asked to change his role on the team - which couldn't have been easy. He deserves a lot of credit for taking the lesser role without whining and complained while still working his *** off.
Not to sound negative, but why should he be commended for something that he is being paid handsomely to do? It happens all the time.

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
Well, here's the thing. just because you say it and you believe it, doesn't make it true. That's how millenials believe the world works. There are facts and realities that can't be swept under the rug for the sake of opinion. The truth of the matter is, you are just plain wrong - the stats say it.

Go on the main board and try to trade Kadri for Couturier, and then come back here. Do it as a Flyers fan trying to trade Couturier even.

I'm curious, how old are you?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Well i would introduce Rosen and Sandin

I see plenty of options to meet the cap and keep everyone we want. Be up against the cap is perfectly acceptable for a single season i believe.

Up against is fine. Over is not.

There are a few options. I think I outlined them ;)

Kadri being moved, regardless of play, is one of them.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Not to sound negative, but why should he be commended for something that he is being paid handsomely to do? It happens all the time.
It's a valid question so I didn't take it as negative.

A lot of players don't handle it well. They demand to be traded or sulk. He hasn't. I give him credit.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
For the grit argument, let's acknowledge that outside of Muzzin, Kadri is about all that we offer in terms of grit.

But let's also acknowledge that the grit on offer, has been on sale for awhile now.

He misses Komarov and probably the backing of Martin:

SeasonHits/Game
2015-161.95
2016-171.51
2017-18 w Leo1.40
2017-18 w Marner0.87
2018-190.98
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

kb

Aug 28, 2009
It's a valid question so I didn't take it as negative.

A lot of players don't handle it well. They demand to be traded or sulk. He hasn't. I give him credit.
I'm glad too. He can be a huge cog in this. I was hoping he would be feasting on 3rd/4th line matchups. Hasn't happened yet, but there is still time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad