#43 wake up or trade him before 2020 season

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Team game get over it
Agreed. So I will scour your posts for anytime you call anyone out, and copy/paste your response every single time.

It's a team game, right? Never criticize individuals, ever.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Sean Couturier? ($4.3M Cap hit - expires in 2022).

48 Points this year, 72 last year

He is a great contract but plays way more minutes. Kadri out produced him the previous two season with less playing time. Plus for Kadri

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
I will say. I have noticed on the pp he forces passes eveytimr it comes through him. Turns it over alot on the pp. i like Kadri, he has been underwhelming. But he will show up come play offs

YUP he will be a tough guy to play against in the playoffs, and I would give Willy a try on the #1 PP and move Kari to PP 2.

Leafs are not deep enough at centre to trade a good one on a very good contract. Why do this??

Reactions: Tmart335

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
YUP he will be a tough guy to play against in the playoffs, and I would give Willy a try on the #1 PP and move Kari to PP 2.

Leafs are not deep enough at centre to trade a good one on a very good contract. Why do this??

Matthews
Tavares
Nylander
Marleau
Gauthier
Lindholm

I don’t want to trade Kadri but in what world are we weak at center?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Management probably instructed them that in the new no contact NHL we need to be nice. We need to behave and show young boys and girls that we are not barbarians. My advice to Kadri and the rest of the team would be to tell them all to FO and play unrestrained and use your own better judgement.

Be yourself Naz.

Albert Iafrate

Feb 29, 2008
OP is on crack.

Third line centers in the league:

Nazem Kadri - 0.59PPG

Ryan Kesler - 0.125PPG
Jordan Weal - 0.0833PPG
Sean Kuraly - 0.26PPG
Johan Larsson - 0.17PPG
Mark Jankowski - 0.42PPG
Jordan Marinook - 0.31PPG
Artem Anisimov - 0.47PPG
Carl Soderberg - 0.629PPG
Alexander Wennberg - 0.42PPG
Jason Dickinson - 0.32PPG
Luke Glendenning - 0.33PPG
Brad Malone - 0.0 PPG
Riley Sheahan - 0.5PPG
Adrian Kempe - 0.35PPG
Joel Eriksson Ek - 0.24PPG
Jesperi Kotkaniemi - 0.48PPG
Nick Bonino - 0.48PPG
Pavel Zacha - 0.29PPG
Valtteri Filppula - 0.40PPG
Ryan Strome - 0.31PPG
Jean-Gabriel Pageau - 0.31PPG
Nolan Patrick - 0.42PPG
Jared Mccann - 0.4PPG
Joe Thornton - 0.62PPG
Oskar Sunqvist - 0.42PPG
Anthony Cirelli - 0.38PPG
Brandon Sutter - 0.23PPG
Cody Eakin - 0.52PPG
Lars Eller - 0.44PPG
Adam Lowry - 0.26PPG

Two third line centers with a higher PPG (barely) in the entire NHL.

If you take a 2nd line center and put him on the third line, his production will drop.

Wow, what a concept! :sarcasm::huh:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Sheltered minutes though in this season.
B.S You live in a cave man. Matthews and Tavares get the minutes. Now you are showing your true colours or you don't have a clue.

"Button yer shirt up, yer heart is showing" ;)

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
Kadri has been terrible minus the game his line was on fire. Hes letting that line down huge. Hes awesome when hes nasty, and hitting and involved...I think he needs to be traded. Problem is who can we get as a replacement...the answer is no one right now

There was a piece on HNIC before the game began last night and it demonstrated the advantage how rolling four effective lines can be against opponents that can't.

If Tavares wasn't signed this past summer, consensus was that Kadri is a very good 2nd line center, with some arguing, he's a lower tier 1C.

You've identified a problem I don't believe exists (i.e. His non-existent replacement atm) except for ,conversational purposes?

So I'll ask, whether or not you've checked Kadri's stats amongst centers in the last two to three years, and if you did, could you present those stats, and if you didn't, why ask the question without having done so?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
This year, 5v5 p/60

Coutourier - 2.45
Kadri - 1.83

Last year, 5v5 p/60
Coutourier - 2.75
Kadri - 1.84

Pick your spots much???

Kadri 77 g 149 points last rwo seasons and this

Couturier 68. G. 158 pts over same period with much more average ice time over said period total minutes.

Plus kadri and better career totals with a average of 5 minutes less ice time per recently. Wow great pick Burkie :)))

Last edited:

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
And a stupid thread like this was just closed. There is an ongoing effort to troll here

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Management probably instructed them that in the new no contact NHL we need to be nice. We need to behave and show young boys and girls that we are not barbarians. My advice to Kadri and the rest of the team would be to tell them all to FO and play unrestrained and use your own better judgement.

Be yourself Naz.

There is some truth to your statement that in this no contact NHL the suspensions could be weighing on Kadri in a negative way.

When you are not producing and you tend to be a giveaway machine the spotlight is squarely focused on the player.

Fan's have given him far more leeway than most on this Leaf team, and are just waiting for him to show up and play like he can.

The argument that is being bandied about that he will eventually show up in the playoff's bears no fruit when his play this season has been mediocre and lackluster.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
" It's my ball, so I am going to pick it up so all the rest of you can't play"

Meanwhile back in Nylander land the trolls are feasting under the cave.
WtF are u talking about?...no don't bother. Welcome to my block list

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
There is some truth to your statement that in this no contact NHL the suspensions could be weighing on Kadri in a negative way.

When you are not producing and you tend to be a giveaway machine the spotlight is squarely focused on the player.

Fan's have given him far more leeway than most on this Leaf team, and are just waiting for him to show up and play like he can.

The argument that is being bandied about that he will eventually show up in the playoff's bears no fruit when his play this season has been mediocre and lackluster.

There is no argument that has ever ever been lost for us Kadri supporters. Ever!! If you think i care that he is not perfect, you would be completely mistaken. Love his edge. You can have your ball less pretenders. Kadri is resilient and tough.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
B.S You live in a cave man. Matthews and Tavares get the minutes. Now you are showing your true colours or you don't have a clue.

"Button yer shirt up, yer heart is showing" ;)

He’s not getting put out against the top line.

I never coined the term sheltered minutes but it seems to fit the situation. You’d expect points against 3/4th liners.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
There is no argument that has ever ever been lost for us Kadri supporters. Ever!! If you think i care that he is not perfect, you would be completely mistaken. Love his edge. You can have your ball less pretenders. Kadri is resilient and tough.

Would like to see him use this edge a lot more than he has, and perhaps then he will become more engaged.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad