#43 wake up or trade him before 2020 season

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
All of this rotating griping about individual players is pretty much expected. We have too much forward depth for everyone to succeed. He's on pace for the fewest ES minutes since '14-15.

43 has been very solid this season. His ES production rate is down somewhat (1.81 p/60 -> 1.5), but that's pretty much to be expected given the massive decline in linemates. At the same time, he's carried play (53% CF). This is shaping up to be his best possession driving season ever (and, yeah, Nylander has helped boost his numbers there a lot - almost 55% this year! He's putting up peak Jonathan Toews or Bergeron numbers.)

I don't even know why I come to hfboards any longer. It's just guys ****ting on their own team's players. Despite the fact that we're still 2nd in the conference, and have the 2nd best goal differential in the league. Sad to see.

Keep coming we need equalization to a significant degree ;)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Depends on the role you want that 3rd line to play and the versatility you want from the roster spot.

It’s not a shut down line anymore. Would it be good to have another PKer on the bench?

Kadri is good at what he does and his decline isn’t off the charts.

If he’s moved, it’s probably going to be a cap dump and we will have to get used to the idea that it’s ok to try to recoup a 1-2 round pick or prospect(s) out of the deal.

He could be a dollar in, dollar out trade but everything considered he just might have the most value of any player in the league on a cap efficiency rating.

Find me a better contract in terms of value recieved is what i am suggesting!!!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
He and Nylander have been great together. What is the issue?

People here tend to equate points with good play. That's like a weatherman predicting weather by looking outside the window.

Analyze the underlying data. There is nothing wrong with Kadri. Dude has been good for most of the season.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
As much as I'd hate to see him go. His contract makes him more valuable for trade value. We could trade him for a much better player on a lesser team friendly hit.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
He could be a dollar in, dollar out trade but everything considered he just might have the most value of any player in the league on a cap efficiency rating.

Don't have to look it far. Morgan Rielly is among the best value contracts in the NHL.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
He has a ten team no trade clause. I would assume he doesn’t want to be traded so likely he keeps all
Atlantic division teams off the list and only includes likely trade partners like Carolina and undesirable spots like Columbus or Arizona.
Moving him wouldn’t be a simple process.

Last edited:

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Kadri needs to play with a set up man and/or another speedy forechecker. Not the cast offs who dont fit within the top six. This is all Babs fault and no one else.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Here we go again.....no one is allowed to call out Kadri when he is not playing well. Like what kind of BS is this? The truth of the matter is, he's not playing particularly well - especially recently - and that has to be acknowledged.

It appears that every other player has to take a disproportionate share of blame so that Kadri can remain fully exempt of same.

Last edited:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

Sean Couturier? ($4.3M Cap hit - expires in 2022).

48 Points this year, 72 last year

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
Kadri has been terrible minus the game his line was on fire. Hes letting that line down huge. Hes awesome when hes nasty, and hitting and involved...I think he needs to be traded. Problem is who can we get as a replacement...the answer is no one right now

I think this is a bit overblown .... but an ideal situation could be one of:

1. Kadri + 1st + prospect/pick = Sean Couturier
Kadri + 1st + prospect/pick = Ryan O'Rielly (with salary retention)

But neither team would have interest unless they & go full rebuild (and maybe not then).

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
If he earned more money, I have a feeling he would be performing better.

He's ok this year, but Oppie has a point. He's always had 35 goal 70 point potential but playing as a 45-50 point guy. He know's he's underpaid and is playing as a 4.5 million dollar guy rather then smashing through to his potential. That's just my opinion.

Nylander plays bad because he's overpaid, Kadri plays bad because he's underpaid, hard to keep up these days.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I think this is a bit overblown .... but an ideal situation could be one of:

1. Kadri + 1st + prospect/pick = Sean Couturier
Kadri + 1st + prospect/pick = Ryan O'Rielly (with salary retention)

But neither team would have interest unless they & go full rebuild (and maybe not then).

I think we will have to get used to the idea that a possible trade might be Kadri = 1st/2nd + Prospect

Team won’t likely be able to take salary back.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Keep Kadri, he is the only one willing to engage physically prior to Muzzin coming here.

Oct 18, 2010
His contract makes it almost impossible for him to be a guy that they "have to move".

Not a big fan of him as a 3rd line center, but he's been pretty unlucky this year and that has no doubt had an effect on him.

If half of those posts went in, how different would people feel about him?

I'd like to see him quarterback the second PP unit and swap with Nylander.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Hes got some shit wingers up until Nylander got caught up.

Last year he was playing with Marleau and Marner.

Give him some wingers who are going like Nylander now and Johnsson.

Marleau Matthews Kapanen
Hyman Tavares Marner
Johnsson Kadri Nylander

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
His contract makes it almost impossible for him to be a guy that they "have to move".

Not a big fan of him as a 3rd line center, but he's been pretty unlucky this year and that has no doubt had an effect on him.

I'd like to see him quarterback the second PP unit and swap with Nylander.

Choices are essentially a combination of:

- Gardiner walks for nothing
- Hainsey walks for nothing
- don’t sign Kapanen
- trade Zaitsev
- trade Nylander
- trade Kadri

If the numbers don’t fit, they don’t fit. It was going to be tight before Muzzin. And before Matthews’ AAV was known.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

You mean how would we feel if he had a more accurate shot? ;)

Some might not be as critical but it wouldn’t change our cap situation and the fact we gave up a 1st for Muzzin that we need to think about replacing.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Here we go again.....no one is allowed to call out Kadri when he is not playing well. Like what kind of BS is this? The truth of the matter is, he's not playing particularly well recently, and that has to be acknowledged.

Every other player has to take a disproportionate share of blame so that Kadri can remain fully exempt of same.

Team game get over it

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
That's precisely the problem. A trade will be tough to make without a ready replacement, unless the cap necessitates it. He's closer to becoming expendable with the drop to 3C, but I don't think the time to move him has arrived just yet.

Reactions: kb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad