#43 wake up or trade him before 2020 season

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Kadri has been terrible minus the game his line was on fire. Hes letting that line down huge. Hes awesome when hes nasty, and hitting and involved...I think he needs to be traded. Problem is who can we get as a replacement...the answer is no one right now

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
If he earned more money, I have a feeling he would be performing better.

He's ok this year, but Oppie has a point. He's always had 35 goal 70 point potential but playing as a 45-50 point guy. He know's he's underpaid and is playing as a 4.5 million dollar guy rather then smashing through to his potential. That's just my opinion.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Just noticed that when AM or JT line isnt going it's the 4th line scoring more then him especially lately. He needs to wake up. Hes been playing 60min like we did after the first 10 vs Ottawa..sleep skating.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
OP: It's early in the morning, you're probably still partying, alcohol (maybe drugs) are surely involved. Get a good night rest and come back to us in the morning.

Be better.

Actually just recovering from a surgery I had today. Thanks for assuming

Reactions: Cobra777

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Only a Leafs fan can spoil a victory like this. Horrible.

That's hilarious. Tonight was a good game and entertaining..maybe even a playoff preview. I just decided to call Kadri out and not for just tonight but the whole season pretty much.

Yet so many here harp on Hyman who has been far better than Kadri has. Any dont look at just points i look at effort, and how each player affects their line. I feel Kadri is pulling whoever is with him down.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Kadris having a down year! , with that contract it would take a massive overpayment to move him, trust me you would notice if he was gone

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
To me, Kadri is a victim of his own success due to his last two seasons. What I like about Kadri’s game is not his scoring but the way he gets under the other team skins. I would actually put Hyman and Kap on his wings and create a fast and pest line. It will be a nightmare for other teams to play against due to their speed.

Mar 14, 2011
50 + point centerman making 4.5 m for 3 more seasons after this, good luck trying to find that in free agency this summer, even RFAs dont get paid that cheap anymore!! Not to mention with about half the cap tied to 4 players, the Leafs are in need of talented forwards signed to long term, bargain contracts like Kadri to support the the forward core, heres to hoping AJ and Kap gets locked up to similar deals this summer or the next.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
I'm fine with it if someone wants to overpay, but honestly I'd just rather trade Nylander as we know what Kadri is like when he's on, plus he's always been a team first type of guy.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
If he earned more money, I have a feeling he would be performing better.

He's ok this year, but Oppie has a point. He's always had 35 goal 70 point potential but playing as a 45-50 point guy. He know's he's underpaid and is playing as a 4.5 million dollar guy rather then smashing through to his potential. That's just my opinion.

Of that is true then get rid of him now. Someone that concerned about money and only gives the value of his contract is far too much of a passenger we don’t want

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Kadri has been terrible minus the game his line was on fire. Hes letting that line down huge. Hes awesome when hes nasty, and hitting and involved...I think he needs to be traded. Problem is who can we get as a replacement...the answer is no one right now

He’s just on the downward side of his career. This is well established.

Still a good player though.

However the premise of a trade is legit. Leafs have just a few options to fit that cap next year.

All teams with stars coming off ELC contracts will eventually have to deal some of their players for picks and prospects that provide cap relief.

With Muzzin. With Matthews’ contract and Marner’s still to come, Leafs have but a few options:

- let Gardiner walk
- let Hainsey walk
- don’t sign Kapanen
- trade Zaitsev
- trade Nylander
- trade Kadri

Pick your poison.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
All of this rotating griping about individual players is pretty much expected. We have too much forward depth for everyone to succeed. He's on pace for the fewest ES minutes since '14-15.

43 has been very solid this season. His ES production rate is down somewhat (1.81 p/60 -> 1.5), but that's pretty much to be expected given the massive decline in linemates. At the same time, he's carried play (53% CF). This is shaping up to be his best possession driving season ever (and, yeah, Nylander has helped boost his numbers there a lot - almost 55% this year! He's putting up peak Jonathan Toews or Bergeron numbers.)

I don't even know why I come to hfboards any longer. It's just guys shitting on their own team's players. Despite the fact that we're still 2nd in the conference, and have the 2nd best goal differential in the league. Sad to see.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Even if you trade Kadri, another at least decent 3rd line center will probably cost around 3M at the very least and might be significantly worse than Kadri.

Depends on the role you want that 3rd line to play and the versatility you want from the roster spot.

It’s not a shut down line anymore. Would it be good to have another PKer on the bench?

Kadri is good at what he does and his decline isn’t off the charts.

If he’s moved, it’s probably going to be a cap dump and we will have to get used to the idea that it’s ok to try to recoup a 1-2 round pick or prospect(s) out of the deal.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

Really ohhhhh!

So we are terribly sitting among the top teams in the league, on a 4 game streak. Ummmm what to complain about!!!! Jeesh..... ohhhh yeahhh Kadri is always a good one ;)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Actually just recovering from a surgery I had today. Thanks for assuming

Ok then with me, you get a pass. Get well quick friend :)

Did you notice Kadri trying to fill in Benn after he took a good crack at Willy!!!! Kadri brings things. He's ok

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
He’s just on the downward side of his career. This is well established.

Still a good player though.

However the premise of a trade is legit. Leafs have just a few options to fit that cap next year.

All teams with stars coming off ELC contracts will eventually have to deal some of their players for picks and prospects that provide cap relief.

With Muzzin. With Matthews’ contract and Marner’s still to come, Leafs have but a few options:

- let Gardiner walk
- let Hainsey walk
- don’t sign Kapanen
- trade Zaitsev
- trade Nylander
- trade Kadri

Pick your poison.

The Vultures circle and ominous clouds are gathering as the plot transpires on a Sunday morning episode of." Who ate yer lunch" haa

Reactions: Pookie

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I will say. I have noticed on the pp he forces passes eveytimr it comes through him. Turns it over alot on the pp. i like Kadri, he has been underwhelming. But he will show up come play offs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad