GDT: #43 Nashville @ Columbus|The Welcome Back Joey Game | 7:00 p.m.|1-10-19

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I think the problem is Elvis thinks he's Bob.

TatteredCheeryBernesemountaindog-small.gif

Reactions: CPTN71

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I was supposed to go up to the game tonight, but backed out as I'm "hockeyed out"-been to 4 games in the last 6 days. I'm going to be very interested in how the TV and radio guys handle this. I hope Rimer can at least identify the suspended player as Bobrovsky.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
As reflected in other threads, I am not a fan of Jarmo. But to try to pin this situation on Jarmo and JD is unfair to them. From what I assume, Bob is wants a long term deal, maybe 7-8 years at $9-10 million per year. I understand Bob wanting that kind of a deal. But I also understand JD and Jarmo not wanting to give that to him. Heck,I would be outraged and yelling for their heads if they give him that kind of contract. I think most people on t is board would feel the same way.

Now if Bob would take $ 9million for 3 years, giving time to groom Elvis as his successor, I think Jarmo would have already written up the contract.

The fact is this is a business dispute. It is not personal. Bof wants the most money he can get over the longest term and JD and Jarmo do not think that would be in the club's long term interest. If Bob is making this personal, that is on him.

As for this recent disciplinary action, I really do not know enough about what went on. Kind of like last year when Dubie was mysteriously removed from the team, I don't see any name calling here. To me the club is handling it well by saying nothing about it.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I was supposed to go up to the game tonight, but backed out as I'm "hockeyed out"-been to 4 games in the last 6 days. I'm going to be very interested in how the TV and radio guys handle this. I hope Rimer can at least identify the suspended player as Bobrovsky.
It's not during the course of play, so he should probably be fine. Unless Jody brings it up while there's folks on the ice, in which case all bets are off.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The fact is this is a business dispute. It is not personal. Bof wants the most money he can get over the longest term and JD and Jarmo do not think that would be in the club's long term interest. If Bob is making this personal, that is on him.

You're right that it's ultimately Bob's fault for making things personal. I wish he was handling it better. But it's never wise to treat people as anything other than people, i.e. don't expect anyone to react well when their work is maligned. Give me a meditating monk and I'll show you his ego.

I've been upset with the FO for a while now for throwing Bob under the bus after the playoffs, discussing his psyche publicly, etc... They prodded him in a way that wasn't helpful. They might be right not to make a huge commitment to Bob for the long term, but now we might have other problems, no short term goalie and no chance to get anything for him.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina

Hockeyed out? Last Friday we went to Raleigh to see the Jackets suck in the 1st and never recover, then we went home and back to Raleigh the next day to watch my son's team play 2 games then back home to watch the Jackets play FL. I watched 4 games in 24 hours! 4 in 6 is easy. :)

Reactions: thebus88

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
You're right that it's ultimately Bob's fault for making things personal. I wish he was handling it better. But it's never wise to treat people as anything other than people, i.e. don't expect anyone to react well when their work is maligned. Give me a meditating monk and I'll show you his ego.

I've been upset with the FO for a while now for throwing Bob under the bus after the playoffs, discussing his psyche publicly, etc... They prodded him in a way that wasn't helpful. They might be right not to make a huge commitment to Bob for the long term, but now we might have other problems, no short term goalie and no chance to get anything for him.

But I think it has been proven that Bob is fragile in the playoffs. Not every loss is on him but he sure contributed. In the big games you need your best players to be your best players and he has consistently not been a world beating goalie in the playoffs. Maybe his ego will not let him see that, I don't know because i am not there, but it sure seems like it. To be successful in the playoffs the Jackets need Bob to steal one or two games a series and play well in the others. That has not happened.

Reactions: thebus88 and Robert

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Hockeyed out? Last Friday we went to Raleigh to see the Jackets suck in the 1st and never recover, then we went home and back to Raleigh the next day to watch my son's team play 2 games then back home to watch the Jackets play FL. I watched 4 games in 24 hours! 4 in 6 is easy. :)

I'm a lightweight. LOL

Basically wasn't into the driving tonight. I'm planning on going up to the game Tuesday vs. New Jersey.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Was pleasantly surprised logging into my PSL account and finding lower bowl seats to tonight’s game from doing survey in December. (I sold my normal seats on TM). Looks like a pretty good crowd tonight. College football must be over.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Was pleasantly surprised logging into my PSL account and finding lower bowl seats to tonight’s game from doing survey in December. (I sold my normal seats on TM). Looks like a pretty good crowd tonight. College football must be over.

Everyone wants to see Korpi.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Anyone troubled with Torts comments about Duclair? In his interview, he had several quotes I thought were a little bazaar when talking about an NHL player. First being:
"Up and down, like a toilet seat. Work in progress. He’s coachable, but he has a long way to go. You can see the upside, so we’re going to keep on working with him.”
Second:
“I just don’t think he knows how to play the game. But he needs — absolutely, right from the bottom of how you play in this league — to be taught, and that’s what we’re trying to do.
Is Torts being a little dramatic and hyperbolic? Or are we a team that needs needle in a haystack reclamation projects who need significant overhauls for us to be successful?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad