Post-Game Talk: #43| Lightning at FLYERS | Mon., Jan. 12, 2015

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Just to rile some people:

Hartnell 35g 8-16 24 -9 57 PIM 4 ES
Umberger: 43g 7-4 11 -4 19 PIM 6 ES

It would be interesting to see their Corsi et al at even strength.

Somehow the idiot has managed to find places for Umberger and Vinnie to actually look like decent NHL players.
Now if he can just convince MDZ to stop with the mind farts and become a first rate D-man.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
Giroux and Voracek alone are worth the price of admission

Voracek has become such a complete hockey player it is quite a joy to watch him

Jgboys1

Apr 28, 2012
Long Island New York
post-28553-Steve-Jobs-mind-blown-gif-HD-T-pVbd.gif

My thoughts exactly.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
I forgot what it was like to wake up in the morning and feel good about this team. Last night was especially sweet, too, considering we were winless against TBL in the last 6.

This is why I can't fully get behind a tank. Logically, I know that a top 5 pick would help the team more than anything else they could get this year, however, I can't help but enjoy a good win.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
You can't get behind the tank because there is no tank.

THIS IS NOT TANKING

BEING BAD IS NOT TANKING

tumblr_m43t2rnc2c1qz9ol2o1_500.gif

That depends on how you interpret the definition of tanking, and I guess I didn't really have a clear cut meaning in mind when I said that.

What I probably should have said is that I can't actively root for the team to lose.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That depends on how you interpret the definition of tanking, and I guess I didn't really have a clear cut meaning in mind when I said that.

What I probably should have said is that I can't actively root for the team to lose.

:laugh: Yeah, I know what you meant.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
If you are a true Flyers fan deep down you don't want them to lose. I watch the games and pay for cable so that I can hopefully see them win but this year they have been painfully hard to watch even when they do win. The product is not dynamic and it's mainly because the D corps is a mish mash of mediocrity with no true number 1.

Let's get real here though...they have an under 4% chance of making the postseason and even if they get there by some small miracle they will not go very far. The worst thing for this organization is for them to try and achieve a .500 record just to save face. I think ultimately they won't be able to anyway.....so the tanking argument is a moot point. They will probably continue to hover among the top worst teams in the league. This is better for them in the long run regardless if one wishes it or not.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I want them to lose as much as possible this season because it gets them closer to winning a cup, but when they do win I'm still really happy about it. It's too early to get legitimately annoyed by winning, there's a lot that can happen between now and the end of the year when it comes to the standings. At the very end of the year I'm going to get seriously annoyed if they're hurting their draft position with meaningless wins.

VanFlyer

Feb 18, 2007
If you are a true Flyers fan deep down you don't want them to lose. I watch the games and pay for cable so that I can hopefully see them win but this year they have been painfully hard to watch even when they do win. The product is not dynamic and it's mainly because the D corps is a mish mash of mediocrity with no true number 1.

Let's get real here though...they have an under 4% chance of making the postseason and even if they get there by some small miracle they will not go very far. The worst thing for this organization is for them to try and achieve a .500 record just to save face. I think ultimately they won't be able to anyway.....so the tanking argument is a moot point. They will probably continue to hover among the top worst teams in the league. This is better for them in the long run regardless if one wishes it or not.

Especially given the recent injuries (mason, coburn, etc).

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
For the first two periods, the defensive side of the game was well played by the Flyers. Did anyone else notice how incredibly smooth our line changes were and the general control of the neutral zone Philly maintained?

Good thing the third period wasn't the first period; Tampa maintained the zone and seemed to control tempo, from a live perspective. Some of that zone play can be chalked up to Flyers playing a more defensive-minded game at that point with such a hefty lead, but even so, clearing the zone became an issue. Was hoping after the second period the Flyers would really rally around Zepp to secure that 1-GA. Win's a win, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad