42oa: Eetu Luostarinen C/KalPa, FEL

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Didn't get picked last year. Hasn't been invited to any Finland IIHF teams. Deep sleeper I guess.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Could be solid bottom 6 center down the line but I think he would've been available later too.

JustJoe2k5

Jun 5, 2006
"Eetu is a big forward who is capable of playing all three forward positions. He has excellent skating ability, especially for his size. His first few steps are quick and get him up to his top speed which is nothing short of impressive for a forward just under 6'-3". He likes to challenge defenders in one on one situations and showed skill that quickly boosted him to the top men's league in Finland. When the game slows down his hockey sense takes over and he shows intelligence to get into position and reads the play well. He is a smart player in all three zones and contributes at both ends of the ice. His pucks skills are only average and will need to see some improvements. He likes to use his big frame in battles, finishes his hits and plays an aggressive style.

He projects as a forward who would likely fit into a third line role in the NHL. If his puck skills improve and he can fill out his frame without losing speed he may one day become a player who could play a second line role."

-Scouting report from the Black Book

Certainly not a player that was on my radar, but like what I've read about him so far. Eligible last year but passed over, showed excellent development over the last year.

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Tied up the game for his team on the FEL Finals Game 6 this spring after his team had allowed a bad goal a moment earlier.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I know zip about him. Like I said the other day, most of our picks end up with guys we didn't talk about. I'll trust them at this point with some of what they've done recently.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Sure it seems like a reach, but so did Aho. Obviously unlikely to have that success. But I'll wait and see what he does.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
This guy isn't in either the Mckeen's Draft Guide or the ISS Top 180 Skaters in their guide.

This is really weird, I like the Martin pick but maybe they know something no one else does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->