GDT: #42|Wondrous Bughouse|Pittsburgh Penguins @ New Jersey Devils|12.31.13|13:07 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
This game is a microcosm of why the Pens will never make the cup finals again with Bylsma as a coach.

He never learns, and simply can not adjust to teams who play like this. I had zero hope for this years playoffs going into this year and have less now.

Yeah, they have a lot of talent on IR, but it is how they play that is so disheartening.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Zajac, Jagr, and Zubrus just cycled Sid's line into oblivion. Too much size and puck possession for our defense to handle.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_Trib 1m
Bylsma on road against every other divisional opponent: 35-8-3...Bylsma on road in New Jersey: 2-10-1

Fire Shero*

Too many worthless players on this team. You could waive jokinen, Kobasew, Adams, glass, Vitale, gibbons, sill, Conner and maybe one or two would be picked up. I know Malkin is injured and Bennett as well, but that's too many worthless players. Our Wilkes barre players are not good.

penguins2946*

+Despres was 2nd in ice time with 21:38
-Engelland was 1st with 21:51

Games like this are why we can't afford to move Despres right now. Other than his Letang-lite PP shift, he was awesome. He shut down Jagr completely.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Only thing to like about this game.... Despres was leaned on late in the game by Bylsma and ended up getting the second most TOI. Weirdo land continues though as Engelland was 1st, but Despres got the most ES time.

And he earned it also. By far out best D-man today.

Unhealthy levels of suck in the bottom 6, which has to do with several of them just not being up to snuff.... but of course also that Dan Bylsma cannot figure out the Devils. Outshot big time again, can't deal with the forecheck, can't solve zone entries with Marty being ace at playing the puck.

And yes, they run interference.... they always do.... they're great at it.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I've seen a lot of stuff in my life, but that...was....awwwwful.

The last 90 or so seconds were nothing short of pathetic, I thought there were 9 or 10 skaters for NJ the way the Pens were playing with the puck...

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Why was Fleury not pulled with 2 minutes left? It was a face off in Devils zone....WHY???????????? And no timeout, no urgency to let Fleury out untill it was too late.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
They played really good for about half a period (the first 10 of the 3rd), and that was it. The rest of the game was crap. The last few minutes were frustrating to watch. But that's how it goes against legit teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad