Post-Game Talk: #42: Blues at FLYERS, Monday, Jan. 7, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Way to call out one of the few players to actually generate some scoring chances and put in a good effort, GB. Well done.

Don't you know Bern, it's much better to chase the puck around and never touch it, or endlessly dump it into the other end to the other team then it is to actually try to retain possession and make plays!

You can't make bad plays if you make no plays. Think about it.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Did I ever claim it was a complete picture? I caveated it with that I only saw 2 periods. If Sanheim was a monster in the third, then maybe he redeemed his first two periods. And again, it wasn't for a lack of trying; I've given him credit for that multiple times. I just find it hard to believe he had a "good" game with as many bad plays as he had in the first two periods. I'll even give you "up and down" game. But not "good." That's hyperbole and it tends to happen a lot around here with this team's young players.

Blah bla-blah bla-blah.

*in before the "well you know I.must be right if that's all you can respond with"*

To whit....

Not worth my f***ing time

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
When you blow a tire do you buy a whole new car or do you evaluate if that one individual component is bad and then fix that one thing?

Individuals and the collective are different things and must be judged separately.

Louis Domingue is a goalie for the best team in the league.

Therefore, Louis Domingue is one of the best goalies in the league.

Reactions: Striiker

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I'll also repeat that I'm not saying it's wrong to be frustrated with the team overall or individual core players who are underachieving. I am too. Extremely frustrated.

All I'm saying is there's a line that gets crossed sometimes, past reasonable frustration/complaining/venting and into absurdity.

I think you have to separate complaining from venting. Sometimes the point of venting in the moment is to use hyperbole to relieve stress. I think a lot of people here are purely venting to relieve stress. They don't want to be rational, they don't want to have a measured response, they just want to tell somebody from the team to go f*** themselves.

But then others are just idiots :rolly:

P.S. how's your good noodle count going?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think you have to separate complaining from venting. Sometimes the point of venting in the moment is to use hyperbole to relieve stress. I think a lot of people here are purely venting to relieve stress. They don't want to be rational, they don't want to have a measured response, they just want to tell somebody from the team to go **** themselves.

But then others are just idiots :rolly:

P.S. how's your good noodle count going?
I totally get what you’re saying HOWEVER many continue saying it in between games so it wasn’t just an in-the-moment anger thing. :laugh:

And the good noodleness is going OK. No infractions this year.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I totally get what you’re saying HOWEVER many continue saying it in between games so it wasn’t just an in-the-moment anger thing. :laugh:

And the good noodleness is going OK. No infractions this year.

I think this season is bad enough that "in the moment" spills over into the days between games haha. I get legitimately angry sometimes when I am trying to fall asleep and start thinking about this team.

Also you are too young to be making dad jokes.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think this season is bad enough that "in the moment" spills over into the days between games haha. I get legitimately angry sometimes when I am trying to fall asleep and start thinking about this team.

Also you are too young to be making dad jokes.
In those in-between moments I doubt you non-kiddingly suggest to relocate the team or trade the entire core. ;)

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
In those in-between moments I doubt you non-kiddingly suggest to relocate the team or trade the entire core. ;)

Relocate obviously not. I've definitely had some "f*** you Jake I'm done with you moments" haha

But that guy has always been like a wack job girlfriend, the sort you love 90% of the time but the other 10% drives you absolutely bananas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad