GDT: [#42] Blue Things @ Stars 7:30 CT (BSSW+, ESPN+)

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Robertson, Heiskanen, and Hintz all have points, so I'm happy. Want Robertson to have more though, lol.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Vatanen was the only Stars defenseman without a point tonight, but the best plus/minus at +2.

Also nice to see Heiskanen only play 1 minute more than the next highest defenseman instead of the 5+ minutes more we've seen a lot lately.

Reactions: sportswastaken

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
What rule was Razor talking about with 8min to go in the 3rd? “It was a bouncing puck Oettinger had to play... it’s just dumb.” Something to do with a tv timeout I guess.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
What rule was Razor talking about with 8min to go in the 3rd? “It was a bouncing puck Oettinger had to play... it’s just dumb.” Something to do with a tv timeout I guess.

My guess is if the puck is shot in from beyond Center ice and the goalie covers it its treated as an icing and your team can't change lines.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
My guess is if the puck is shot in from beyond Center ice and the goalie covers it its treated as an icing and your team can't change lines.
Roslovic tapped it into Dallas’ zone at the blue line but because the puck looked to be going wide of the net and Otter gloved it it’s not like it was chipped out of play so the tv timeout isn’t enforced I guess.

edit - Looks like rule 67.3, the puck went in on Otter but because it seemed to be going wide of the goal, barely, and he stopped it causing the whistle it was treated as an icing.

Last edited:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I will take the credit or blame (depending on your POV re: tanking) because I again chose NOT to watch the game, rather, sit with the wife and watch the standard Thursday night TV fare. I'm probably misremembering, but over the years, I do think their win % is much higher with me not watching, and much lower when I am watching. And, as to seeing them in person, if I am using just my regular seats, their win % is about average with their overall tenure here in DFW, but if I buy extra or upgraded seats, they tend to lose.

As to complaining about the first period? I've watched 28 years of Stars hockey, and probably over 1500 games in person or on TV. I can't recall many where one team dominated the entire game. It usually goes in small waves with the better play alternating for a few minutes at a time (sometimes longer) The problem with social media is 1) We love to complain, and 2) we can complain almost instantaneously, whereas in the old days we would have to read the stats in the papers to get an idea of how well they played overall in a close game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad