GDT: #42 Blue Jackets@Wild 4/13 8 p.m. EDT

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Still, I'd rather he play those games getting acclimated to the pro level at Springfield than being rushed to Columbus.

I wouldn't even assume he'd make the Jackets next year. He'll be 20 years old, and in his first pro season. He also wasn't so incredibly dominant in the OHL to make it obvious, let him work his way forward in the AHL, and when he's dominant at that level, we can make space for him. I think it'll be a while before he gets to the point of making any of Johansen/Dubinsky/Letestu/Mackenzie redundant.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I wouldn't even assume he'd make the Jackets next year. He'll be 20 years old, and in his first pro season. He also wasn't so incredibly dominant in the OHL to make it obvious, let him work his way forward in the AHL, and when he's dominant at that level, we can make space for him. I think it'll be a while before he gets to the point of making any of Johansen/Dubinsky/Letestu/Mackenzie redundant.

Isn't it nice to not need 19 or 20 year old players? That's what's called a bona fide starting NHL roster... (for the most part)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->