GDT: #42 Blue Jackets@Wild 4/13 8 p.m. EDT

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
You think it hurt, I think it helped... our young players had more time to play real hockey in the minors instead of running the pylons...

I think you can argue it both ways. Calvert, and especially Atkinson were probably already good to go. Plus, you could argue that if we had Atkinson for the entire first half of the season, then we would have had him before his ankle sprain, and he might have produced more and gotten us more wins early.

It's all speculation, but I tend to agree that we would've been better off with a training camp.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Since we're speculating...

My teenager asked during the game, "Do you think Mason could have made those saves?"
Me: You mean STEVE Mason?
Teen: Yeah
Me: HELL no!

JacketsWatcher

Jan 8, 2011
Dallas already did as of right now. But Dallas' schedule is absolutely brutal. Play Chicago, Blues, LA, Vancover, and Sharks in their next five, many of them are away games.

And their last two games are against Columbus and Detroit. The Detroit at Dallas game on the final night will ensure at least one of those two will get two points. The Jackets will need to have at least a one point lead on those two teams going into the final game of the season. Of course, this can all change in the next two weeks, but as of now, it's setting up to be mighty interesting.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I think you can argue it both ways. Calvert, and especially Atkinson were probably already good to go. Plus, you could argue that if we had Atkinson for the entire first half of the season, then we would have had him before his ankle sprain, and he might have produced more and gotten us more wins early.

It's all speculation, but I tend to agree that we would've been better off with a training camp.

Since I've never experienced either I can only speculate as you, what I can say is that I've seen the results of 11 or 12 CBJ teams that have had all types of players in training camp and perhaps one as good as this.... does training camp help? I would think so but it's not something that can be verified as impacting this season one way or another.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Wow so the Jackets are only 2 points out of a playoff spot after winning the last 15 of 22 games, not a single mention on NHL's homepage, anywhere, what so ever. Bobrovsky(2.01GAA, .932sv% 32gp) battling Tukka(1.99GAA .928sv% 30 gp) and Lundquist(2.06GAA .928sv% 36gp) for Vezina, no mention what so ever. But we get a mention on TSN, so :dunno:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Wow so the Jackets are only 2 points out of a playoff spot after winning the last 15 of 22 games, not a single mention on NHL's homepage, anywhere, what so ever. Bobrovsky(2.01GAA, .932sv% 32gp) battling Tukka(1.99GAA .928sv% 30 gp) and Lundquist(2.06GAA .928sv% 36gp) for Vezina, no mention what so ever. But we get a mention on TSN, so :dunno:

Strictly speaking without GIH or TB'ers the CBJ have has many points as Detroit and Dallas... 8th, 9th and 10th seeds have 45 points.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?type=con#&navid=nav-stn-conf

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I think its a concussion

I hate to be Debbi Downer and I didn't get to see much of tonight's game but I'm beginning to have concussion concerns about Anisimov.

Even though the word concussion wasn't used when he got carted off earlier this year, I don't see how it wasn't a head injury that knocked him out. Then he gets some sort of head injury tonight. :(

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
We were on the front page of NHL.com after the Sharks win.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
We were on the front page of NHL.com after the Sharks win.

Not on mine, idk. Not a big deal just a observation. haha liked this quote on the article on TSN.

How does a team counter Zach Parise and Mikko Koivu in the shootout with Mark Letestu and Cam Atkinson ... and win? I'll tell ya how... BOBROVSKY!!

edit: no wait, there it is. On the side.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008

And for once, it isn't in response to "What team do you think will end up in Quebec?"

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Shawn Mitchell ‏@smitchcd 15m

Richards said it's too early to tell if #CBJ C Artem Anisimov is concussed. But went through protocols and will be out for while.

Clean hit :sarcasm:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Shawn Mitchell ‏@smitchcd 15m

Richards said it's too early to tell if #CBJ C Artem Anisimov is concussed. But went through protocols and will be out for while.

Clean hit :sarcasm:

I think the league may look at that clean hit.... In a way, to the CBJ, Anisimov is a star.. I would love to see the league reaction to a similar hit on Crosby or Mel-kin....

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008

IMO, some need to be enjoying this more. Savor this, it is special. Don't worry about signs of respect or disrespect. Don't worry about what happens in other games. Just....enjoy this for what it is.

And above all, just win, baby.

Jorge

Actor,Comedian,Drunk
Jan 11, 2011
Clintonville
I think the league may look at that clean hit.... In a way, to the CBJ, Anisimov is a star.. I would love to see the league reaction to a similar hit on Crosby or Mel-kin....

Star or not, it was a bush league hit and bush league officiating. The NHL is the most poorly run league in North America. The War Room, the discipline, labor--it's the 4th most popular sport for a reason. These clowns are ruining the Best. Game. Ever.

Wiz got 8 games for reacting to that bush league goon Clutter****'s charge at the buzzer during the 11-12 preseason. What's Coyle going to get for tonight's David Beckes style goonery? Two?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

I watched a video of it and there is an angle that to me looks like he was lining him up for a hit with his shoulder. Anisimov did have his head down and Coyle had plenty of time to recognize that. Its not like Arty put his head down at the last second or anything. The head was also the first and possibly only point of contact on the hit.

If he wasn't targeting his head, it was still a bad choice. Considering Coyle had a warning already this season for a hit to the head, I bet he will get suspended this time but whatever. We don't pay the Wild anymore and the loss of Arty out of the CBJ lineup is a far bigger hit than the Wild losing that guy.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
No punishment for Coyle, per Russo

@Russostrib
Charlie Coyle faces no discipline. #NHL Dept of Player Safety determined that there was no targeting of Ansimov's head. #mnwild #cbj

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
He didn't target the head yet Arty was hit in the head and suffered a concussion. The league really has it out for the Jackets.

Wiz does that he gets a month long suspension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->