GDT: #42 Blue Jackets at Tampa chainsaw massacre. |1-8-19 7:30 PM

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
On a serious note: what was the point of pulling Bob when the game is out of reach? Especially in the third period. There’s literally no point.
Korpi will get a SO and bus will brag about it for weeks! that's the point. :)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
It's not definitely out of reach (it's just near-certainly), and while it's okay for fans to give up, it's not okay for players and coaches.

It accomplished nothing other than public shame on the goalie.

I’m all for pulling a guy if he’s struggling and the game is still winnable or out of mercy, but pulling a guy in an already lost game...why?

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Other than Panarin, PLD, Atkinson and Anderson, would one other CBJ forward crack the Tampa lineup?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

I’m all for pulling a guy if he’s struggling and the game is still winnable or out of mercy, but pulling a guy in an already lost game...why?
What's the difference between "out of mercy" and "pulling a guy in an already lost game"?

Reactions: thebus88

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Anyone thinking we should keep Panarin if he won’t re-sign to make a run should watch this game (and Tampa bay in general) and re-evaluate. And that’s not even including Washington, Toronto, and Pittsburgh in the equation.

I still can't imagine the offers being that good to just completely give up

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus

My guess is he’s seen Bob melt under the pressure the last time against Tampa , and felt it was starting to go that way again .

Reactions: thebus88

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
What's the difference between "out of mercy" and "pulling a guy in an already lost game"?

Mercy being if the team is giving no effort in front of him, and it’s early in the game. He had a mercy pulling against Calgary IIRC. But other than that, nothing. At least this game was somewhat competitive for a period of time.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
That's where I'm at.

Try to win a playoff round. That's it. But even if we needed a rebuild (we don't) the assets we get from rental Panarin won't be of much use.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

True. We’d have to see what’s out there. But if there’s something doable, we shouldn’t hang onto him with false hope of a run.

Obviously if he will sign with us we should keep him. But yeah.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
True. We’d have to see what’s out there. But if there’s something doable, we shouldn’t hang onto him with false hope of a run.

Obviously if he will sign with us we should keep him. But yeah.
What would you consider doable?

Pick #25 in the draft and a prospect similar to Milano?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Mercy being if the team is giving no effort in front of him, and it’s early in the game. He had a mercy pulling against Calgary IIRC. But other than that, nothing. At least this game was somewhat competitive for a period of time.

And now it is too late to be competitive so why waste energy or risk injury? Goalies get pulled all the time in hockey. I'm not sure why it gets overanalyzed now. They have 2 more important games coming up this week that just became even more important with the ludicrous display tonight.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
And now it is too late to be competitive so why waste energy or risk injury? Goalies get pulled all the time in hockey. I'm not sure why it gets overanalyzed now. They have 2 more important games coming up this week that just became even more important with the ludicrous display tonight.

It’s also an injury risk to your backup (and better goalie and goalie of the future etc) coming in cold.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Depends on the prospect, but yeah basically that’s fine with me.
Really?

Because at least with Panarin we would get the pleasure of watching him another ~30 games.

Pick 25 and Milano 2.0 gives us squat unless they're flipped right away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->