• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I am glad I haven't outgrown enjoying childish things, despite acquiring tastes for better things as well. I haven't made myself a hot dog in years, but I still enjoy them at a picnic or something. And when you're feeding 20 people, hot dogs are just so much cheaper than bratwurst. That's their niche.

And this is where geography comes into play...I remember going to nearly monthly functions where hot dogs were made on a grill when I lived in Pittsburgh...and 0 since then. Picnics/backyard BBQs in Montana typically were an excuse to eat an elk that was hunted and since moving to LA it's been years since I've seen a grill.

Oddly enough, it'd be much easier for me to find a bratwurst on a menu around here than a hot dog, now that I think about it.

In honor of tonight's game I may need to order a New York-style pizza.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
And this is where geography comes into play...I remember going to nearly monthly functions where hot dogs were made on a grill when I lived in Pittsburgh...and 0 since then. Picnics/backyard BBQs in Montana typically were an excuse to eat an elk that was hunted and since moving to LA it's been years since I've seen a grill.

It's nice out all year, how the hell aren't people grilling all the time? I guess they don't feel the need to celebrate the nice weather like we do :laugh:

I actually don't have a lot of these anymore

Oddly enough, it'd be much easier for me to find a bratwurst on a menu around here than a hot dog, now that I think about it...that seems weird considering how common Chicago transplants are around here.
I think that's true here too, except at actual hot dog shops and maybe on some kids menus. I'm not sure I've ever noticed hot dogs on a menu anywhere that doesn't explicitly specialize in hot dogs.
In honor of tonight's game I may need to order a New York-style pizza.
naturally

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Line up last time we beat Chicago:

Kunitz-Crosby-Stempniak
Neal-Jokinen-Bennett
Pyatt-Sutter-Gibbons
Glass-Adams-Megna

Maatta-Niskanen
Engelland-Scuderi
Orpik-Bortuzzo

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Whut is a chicago style hot dog? I know they have a style pizza.
It is a weird combination. I think it is an all -beef hotdog on a poppy seed bun topped with diced onion, relish, tomatoes, mustard, dill pickle spear, sport peppers, and celery salt and ground pepper. I might be missing something. They are pretty messy though.

Reactions: EightyOne

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
It's nice out all year, how the hell aren't people grilling all the time? I guess they don't feel the need to celebrate the nice weather like we do :laugh:

*shakes fist at 330 stupid sunny days a year*

To have a grill you need a yard. To have a yard where I live requires spending millions on property, so...nah.

Dodger Dogs are a thing that exist and are very popular here...but it seems like the appeal of those is directly tied to paying $10 for one at a Dodgers game that you leave before the 7th inning stretch.

Whut is a chicago style hot dog? I know they have a style pizza.

Take a hot dog and empty a dumpster onto it.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Line up last time we beat Chicago:

Kunitz-Crosby-Stempniak
Neal-Jokinen-Bennett
Pyatt-Sutter-Gibbons
Glass-Adams-Megna

Maatta-Niskanen
Engelland-Scuderi
Orpik-Bortuzzo

Jesus f***...how?!?!

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Any way to stop a hot dog tasting like a hot dog.

Japadog!

Japadog+Menu.JPG

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It is a weird combination. I think it is an all -beef hotdog on a poppy seed bun topped with diced onion, relish, tomatoes, mustard, dill pickle spear, sport peppers, and celery salt and ground pepper. I might be missing something. They are pretty messy though.
Ew my goodness. I thought chicago style meant just like you got robbed while ordering one or maybe you ate it while running away from muggers.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I hope we actually bring it for once. It feels like most games the Hawks are out to proof how they're the bestest franchise ever and the Pens are all "Another day closer to playoffs".

I think this is it regarding the Hawks streak....they play us as if they’re out to prove something about who is the team of the decade, and we don’t care or we cave in....I hope we have a lot more pride today since we’re celebrating the 2009 Cup team and some of those players will be on hand...and Kunitz is playing so that should be a huge advantage for us...lol

Reactions: Peat and EightyOne

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Man, relish really fell behind to ketchup over night. Anyway, I was checking out Sid numbers and other players. I have him here compared to OV for totals... interesting that Sid has 141 less games played and 207 goals behind OV and 1 total point behind OV at 1187.
2,000 LESS SHOTS and a 2% higher shooting percentage.

Interesting stuff.
View attachment 172583

Well, confirms what most of us are already thinking. Ovechkin is kinda one trick poney.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Well, confirms what most of us are already thinking. Ovechkin is kinda one trick poney.
The Sid having 2,000 less shots than OV and only really a handful of goals behind him says alot.
Last night I watched Caps - Dallas, literally OV had 10 shots in the third period. Two powerplays but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->