GDT: #42 | Blackhawks vs Penguins | SUN JAN 6@!!8PMest!! on NBCSN

How Do You Top Your Hotdog? *multiple choice*

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
WELCOME THE CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS WOLVES+MR INTANGIBLE TO THE STURDY AND STRONG HOME OF THE PITTSBURGH PENGUINS!

x5dfiPQ1vU4hUH8QGAKs4Q3vzLxkfAArw0c3m5_tDSdT6tu9lm_ZzAnjO2KDI1YE-BQxNNnFyD9YtUOGMgZUDv2A3mhBE1uWsOQd4Vx8F__y4mLOSXnJ-Dd3Zzmm_ILyK3_lgX5Sx-dgyr8ukgGpGaqwdxfiikhx2gxjCXP-q4OcjwVxXS83BNpZegAHw4orPT6U7Qdv0H-SoZIxKOYBznmaJOB3ZkAfVKPWj-fx9SpiGvjoqgKrAGXsyEWiXKVPqk7PBk_YHKRNb3sK0niyu_tMiWghTT3YDw4RSnMhI8rhHKziHK6b0wGFsCFGpnCSu8CpiZAF7uQBgQzNN2_krbpEzS3fdjmMvHcJP1anZSK-kha2YDCDVtild-94rD4kRPze4UCl1xNzzspXhFOsHjR8qRPv49KWJFWcdsBfVFt7gIq9nsBFTZwyptH-LyE1YOs99paZGlgwSAGwMifRdUAYDXlajYNskfW8nalIWzpTCMfrIGXNqYa7buyJbG5c9yWYyLcRfBsknpC5C-3KSENCiG998pABaiv6GSZeOgTBUtVej9wpRLsI0sB2aa1y7RasEfLwlIjXb3-sW1qdggGO1mcTrZ400Q2Z2jruMlIFvQkRhf6zERTgXMUDKxIE4Y-FZ4Urkbvcz8_czc72KEiSYkOKRJslP3cPHKyWt6GIIdvw1ZZPRLnHJoQfZ4HSmaMF7Q6_B5ZTVHUThQ=w938-h334-no

CHICAGO ARRIVES RIDING A NINE GAME WIN STREAK AGAINST PITTSBURGH.
ARE THEY IN THE PENS HEADS?

THEY ARE CERTAINLY THE BIGGEST, BADDEST WOLF SINCE THE LAST TIME THE PENGUINS WON ON 3/30/2014!

s6dTaeJ-vL12L8ARGFXeedQv0265GSBIRYPlVj2n1Zki2hqKUG4PjGMj_O7hZFgJgWDuXWoaVArl5oTEMzEuUlWErOjqnmKHwf_Ud0U0OnXEKUmvxRbYk41Y-88kFvp81Pgp2swnxLvY2y6UKATU_dEa8AfPWLH2RycE8WncURTjrAG9L8WIWcsrF1DwikTYvLUSzpfPScMk1Gg7uvhmhd6GsudeuOdufxlSESYt7VN6ZRv1AVW5ms5SIWd-6EAuMJmaYQfxb9CgD8eKUQqPRukxOz0a1ODVYMQwwt4fHrWnxWnM4fXAfhsCJfgK3-jOYXdgM_dd1aOT2XT6ctHFYW0TKoa2vcHbqzZuMtfslJzCWvGVKqxmperhs3EnN2Jb8hbglwLbCgE16NosG1Yi6Z_988K8DV_Po144vraTxSgSjxPkBBJfJOAk_mwoJ-iOhB7f1XmCKy2SCFrkbb8iEYOS5PJFc_BvHfYhdOz-eMVy13l3DVYg_ZAngj2-MGBQOAbnxQeXpWTeMx-YL71vlqeSp8W43P2n-MOjlyxA0s1OcrKU8j_DIoziQfT4O0dojIjYGQzjVq6EAvpQ7L5ajuyMrg4mlgJ4vq2xyEFr70NZ-aZycWirBndVjrqy6bqQ4JhhlfPGg0glJNJT15O-fG1dw7BPNDOp35KRDgN5LIO8N0cLprldxS83txsf6IfbcJOvTU57g3E_o7RAqA=w571-h920-no

BUT PITTSBURGH HAS MOVED ON FROM STRAW
...MOVED ON FROM STICKS
...AND ARE NOW PLAYING LIKE THEY HAVE A HOUSE MADE OF BRICKS!

WHO'S AFRAID OF THE BIG BAD WOLF, BIG BAD WOLF??

NOT WE!

A77_tbQAn4SKzL3vqOSKmTFmg5UGIe5zdDJBHx979acfa8KZYUtAuzNnBT6uo28V0KJYDWxtS7c7N7bBmg8JG1ueAQDtcsxHCQuA5KBM0xPbaMghxRuGwX7xvqq3DPyL_VyZPW7fhMZydKnfAmAUbTTkC-lsjt7fwfPXgVaEk-kIHbomrV7E2lv37WhLVw4mNUO832FRDB3M1nTZOG5ZBmLeXLbUhIkXXGv55--dCDgGbYQV7m_olY2qf3PxWWgrqdfhdGJaVL-hi3XZllpyFp1mnFmnx5QMTZo0Ca0jA0_-quf378qYzJLtdvqoD2Qgu4ssUE9KfBSxC56pFXh31_xYQ4otWRvVb-P2cCViS-qZ6H3o_zi7h8aU3Z__Zv3uUBFZFXwHlYYmNbCBAFBUuA4t6Ouh-CKdDZWpayBAmD0LQnTeUUBUMgfjC4nntsY2cL80vCWkjwexpGsBgKS5dTEisyDzyXNRstzyxGQr8ab_oTeAgEn_IywwmNeQrSKvmqgorTconjFjbMxfS5NAFtpf5K4Cub-eeiG1XfTCsCtMdRMdDhm9jVQxMnQ-4qR15CirYzBRbJC615zKQt5w-dPZalu55SOsoQ7ISciNn8NiYAKKy0lFchiUAyDMUQXpLxXUVJspTQ-gp5hWhm7ynEeJR3H9X04-ugDGlIUAeVKI-CyqTdb6OH5ABtv77FZAhcSSco35doiVvJyWpQ=w848-h679-no

WHO'S AFRAID OF THE BIG BAD WOLF, BIG BAD WOLF??

NOT WE!

S4DqcuNOv9NNdtlXnlTYPXOOd7f-4YYxPAigAerGfBp4rCvhj7vJJFJPGxF0DbhQkLhFZ60qXRQFGhABQJtwv57yeU95fB9CDhXr5IkWKb7-wN5qf7k1SoJubpWa8EsJ6Bx2Pof44_SYYLMD-I5A5wC78aCafgqngaF6oLA0xPdb7fA-vQqS_uX6s5dLD7Zb8Xpenk4BBSI2OcmD8JB9bVw7SXkvV3eEEs3GzjQGsgVTzd1jM6BWHwnwtmdjMFU_MqZsWlDL2oW1R-8jzDikqAl161KiAKa6_Vxpi-aR4vJk3fm9PWIP7zoeGhklebbDUwGND1g86fNKxQeErrQZ3EVYQIGFd7Dx09Dpd7tC9YvpaH_TNSIgTym8BIvyIqh3mvypu9kazyWFx9uhSf9L-w89EDkyPKUU-XuRvw4_p3IcAx1YfON9eUEXroKN7e5WROSU-anWckSvP5Nkj3i0BxZxcML4I2cB2AMvwVFRK7vEGoNSpXIM72Kpxn4z-_KNuXF2goAUvHscklwEEzZ1jrLUYQlwg77IH4DgAR-z_tYtEZiWHobIGHX3kxsawpzdoxl3DeQcD2_5WXqK003IGKX9FlhaNv3i9nvXUPmVkpZUzQcJSJCF6k0Oh_0nCydFm3Hw8JC0sBAbondXsKi8iph1MxADH1GR8z-Qfb5Rwee6pPCY_vbIFMNnWSz6EK-ef5wWl01TlA_mre4_Ow=w848-h680-no

mE_tXci50yqwHAOfjZQ-DP_LKzehjwodk7HhDO_67s4ant6SY_TfCahsatpCSqTttbuzxmpgt2PafwCxvWr2ikiKWCRBKRnM0EHDz0gibVX1P2htx_r4SCZg9AILEJCcL8AD2Yauy0Sy3M2BCPIVez7wJSh08MF-CI86InyFXcvyzPSNhR1eBX9iZLAfxlFe3B6-RN1g4rOsKnqUBecHcJbmBaC9S-1EUM_ax30IQUOkePMUNEEENYAdYkreDBux3cWqwKws8zn11w6SticAhAH7P3W5KKCJJuvYjUidkgNibtrkn8pyxklLfbXv_0GRU_ZAF2x-2TyoExUttYWR9BULDHC8SvNSEtBvZXErd1xnvrBu3zmyvCxMDS2EBSLANNNJcX_tFIJK9A-pHmZJeq8I85b_nXHIyza9ctKl1nmOn4Vmef54wdwZ-zNYwgdje04XvyuJTf8EDHwoJqOTRBdYsduDo78w8_z9sx0N56hGtRC668Y-sja5haP0p4GooJmHA0FsLTEHKTZFXye31Tn61_7mEesszwKzaCl3_KwBMMhNP7wv5Ou8moBHSB78qJrvSKRndbizpQzzlUon8jIiaJBuEXBL4lLvj0ayQHYACL9tkVu_OKmJdpceWp4gYXup9__QBLy_p37QG56bNgmk3C1PZdiHGypM4_eaVpKoonc_yVvPwJQrxVFpvyNgedk7oJdGmhSYqV6-Iw=w656-h920-no

Possible Penguins Lines

Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
Simon-Malkin-Hornqvist
Pearson-Brassard-Kessel
Sheahan-Cullen-AstonReese

Dumoulin-Letang
Maatta-Riikola
Pettersson-Johnson

DeSmith
Murray

Possible Blackhawks Lines

Saad-Toews-Kahun
Anisimov-Strome-Kane
DeBrincat-Kampf-Perlini
Kunitz-Kruger-Caggiula

Keith-Gustafsson
Davidson-Seabrook
Dahlstrom-Murphy

Ward
Delia

980x.jpg

Let's
Go
Pens!

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Unfortunately I think the penguins streak is snapped by the hawks.

Also, I went with relish. I can eat relish out of a bowl with a spoon. It's the greatest thing ever made, but unfortunately it only goes on a few things, ie burgers, kielbasi, hotdogs.

Reactions: EightyOne

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Considering my food-centric way of life, I went with how do you top your hot dog (Chicago being hard up on their particular style)---also hoping the hot dog talk gets Kessel going!

Last win against CHI was 3/30/14 apparently lol lol
I'll put your quote here so we aren't having one conversation in 2 threads.
But yes, that hawks stat against the penguins is a rough one, hah.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Unfortunately I think the penguins streak is snapped by the hawks.

Also, I went with relish. I can eat relish out of a bowl with a spoon. It's the greatest thing ever made, but unfortunately it only goes on a few things, ie burgers, kielbasi, hotdogs.

Note it is multiple choice. So if you like any of the other toppings, vote on em too!

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Spicy mustard...greatest thing ever...but I don’t eat hotdogs

Honestly, the Pens should grind down the terribad, tanking Hawks, who are, I think, tied for the worst team in the league and are hoping for Hughes....but there’s some weird curse that they put on the Pens whereby they’ve made the Pens believe that it’s 2010 again and they can’t be beat ....so the Pens never try to win...

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Not wild about a Sunday night game. I gotta unwind.

It is a LATE game too. f***ing 8pm.

Spicy mustard...greatest thing ever...but I don’t eat hotdogs

Honestly, the Pens should grind down the terribad, tanking Hawks, who are, I think, tied for the worst team in the league and are hoping for Hughes....but there’s some weird curse that they put on the Pens whereby they’ve made the Pens believe that it’s 2010 again and they can’t be beat ....so the Pens never try to win...

They are 2 pts ahead of like a three team tie for dead last. Pathetic. It is a pure tank. It has to be. You can't be that bad with Mr Intangible and his sidekick, Dipshit Man!

Reactions: Andy99

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
If youre ever in Wilkes-Barre, which I don't recommend, Abe's hot dogs is a superb joint.
I'll keep that in mind :laugh:

I've only ever been to the hot dog place in Regent Square. Otherwise I only really eat hot dogs at picnics or camping. I haven't eaten a hot dog in my own home for years.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
The Blackhawks have had the Pens number lately. They need to buck that trend and continue the winning streak.

My ideal hot dog would include ketchup, mustard, relish, onion, and sauerkraut. However, the majority of the time I just eat it with ketchup, mustard, and relish. I actually had three yesterday with ketchup, mustard, and a half a slice of american cheese on each.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'll keep that in mind :laugh:

I've only ever been to the hot dog place in Regent Square. Otherwise I only really eat hot dogs at picnics or camping. I haven't eaten a hot dog in my own home for years.
When I'm in pitt I usually stayed in oakland when I was working at cmu. Other times I stayed at the holiday inn at the 10th street bridge by the tunnel in southside . Lots of good eateries but no hoddog joints around there.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
When I'm in pitt I usually stayed in oakland when I was working at cmu. Other times I stayed at the holiday inn at the 10th street bridge by the tunnel in southside . Lots of good eateries but no hoddog joints around there.
it would honestly never cross my mind to look for a hot dog shop.

Isn't The O in Oakland technically a hot dog shop? The place is terrible, but still :laugh:

Reactions: Dovahkiin

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The Blackhawks have had the Pens number lately. They need to buck that trend and continue the winning streak.

My ideal hot dog would include ketchup, mustard, relish, onion, and sauerkraut. However, the majority of the time I just eat it with ketchup, mustard, and relish. I actually had three yesterday with ketchup, mustard, and a half a slice of american cheese on each.
I can't for the life of me eat an onion. I will cook with them, but I find them repulsive and they make your breath very intimidating.

Yes, I am super curious to see how the penguins can handle the hawks while they are playing good hockey. Unfortunately its sunday night and playoff football takes precedent over regular season hockey. Especially a western conference match up.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
it would honestly never cross my mind to look for a hot dog shop.

Isn't The O in Oakland technically a hot dog shop? The place is terrible, but still :laugh:
Donno. When I go to hockey games It is MANDATORY for us to go to 'the superbowl' establishment across the street. They have bubble hockey and I swear if I owned a bubble hockey table (think the name is called Super Chexx) I would quit my job and be a professional bubble hockey player.
It is the most fun game I ever played in my existence. The food is pretty decent there too.

Now that yo mention it, I dont even know of any hot dog joint _anywhere_ outside of abes in wb. It's such a simple food not many establishments focus on only hot dogs ya know?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Donno. When I go to hockey games It is MANDATORY for us to go to 'the superbowl' establishment across the street. They have bubble hockey and I swear if I owned a bubble hockey table (think the name is called Super Chexx) I would quit my job and be a professional bubble hockey player.
It is the most fun game I ever played in my existence. The food is pretty decent there too.

Now that yo mention it, I dont even know of any hot dog joint _anywhere_ outside of abes in wb. It's such a simple food not many establishments focus on only hot dogs ya know?
D's Six Pax and Dogz is actually really good over in Regent Square. It's not far from Oakland.

I've never actually eaten at Souperbowl. I've been there for a beer or two, but not food.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
D's Six Pax and Dogz is actually really good over in Regent Square. It's not far from Oakland.

I've never actually eaten at Souperbowl. I've been there for a beer or two, but not food.
Thats the name~!!! Souperbowl. Yah I only go there for the bubblehockey and beer never for the food. It used to be close to the igloo, but now it is literally across the street from ppg.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Thats the name~!!! Souperbowl. Yah I only go there for the bubblehockey and beer never for the food. It used to be close to the igloo, but now it is literally across the street from ppg.
yeah, sadly I'm always coming from work so it's crazy busy by the time I get down there.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016

We've got a couple out here in the SF Bay Area that are regionally famous. You have Caspers and Kasper's. You don't got to both. You go to one and fight to the death anyone who goes to the other one (they are obviously wrong if they choose Kasper's, for instance). But they were both from the same Armenian immigrant family, a disagreement lead to the two chains hahahaha.

Caspers prides themselves on their high quality casings that result in a snap and their lightweight steamed buns.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
yeah, sadly I'm always coming from work so it's crazy busy by the time I get down there.
Next tmie I go to a game I'll have to post everyone and let them know so we could meet. Only one time in my life I met someone from the internet. In 2000 I went to Toronto and met this guy I knew from IRC (internet relay chat for those young'uns =P).
Guy turned out to be super cool. Super friendly. Super accommodating, ended taking us to a leafs game, Whiskey a go go, and let us crash at his house over night. Could have chopped me up into little gobs or been a serial killer, lol, bu tturns out was one of the nicest people I ever met.
Toronto is one mighty beautiful city. I absolutely LOVED canada it's so clean and beautiful.

Has anyone from these boards ever arranged a meet-up before, that you are aware of?

Reactions: Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
We've got a couple out here in the SF Bay Area that are regionally famous. You have Caspers and Kasper's. You don't got to both. You go to one or another and fight to the death anyone who goes to the other one (they are obviously wrong if they choose Kasper's, for instance). But they were both from the same Armenian immigrant family, a disagreement lead to the two chains hahahaha.

Caspers prides themselves on their high quality casings that result in a snap and their lightweight steamed buns.
lol. How far are you from San Jose? I have a military buddy who keeps telling me to come visit before he is chased out of his home due to the extreme costs of housing because of the tech companies.
If I ever did go I would LOVE to go to a Sharks hockey game. San Fran kind of worries me from what I hear on tv. With all the homeless and defecation in the streets n all that.
How far do you live from San jose.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->