GDT: #41 | Oilers @ Kings | Jan 5 @ 8 PM MST | TV: CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
LA is going to be PISSED if they lose the shutout for Quick after this one.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
7ad002d6c6e2c078e9ce6161bdb21896-1.gif

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
So aside from the mistakes that led to odd man rushes, the defense hasn't been a problem? Well you don't say...

Don't forget petrovic's "effort" on the 2nd goal against...

An elite goalie saves like maybe 1 or 2 of those.

And when I say "defense" i mean our team defense as a whole.

Ya... Manning sucks but Jones is just young. He’s going to make some mistakes. Better teams have forwards who cover for them. We don’t.

Petrovic bobbled the puck mid air. Big whoop. Manning is the one that that turned it over, and Koski bit badly, and showed he can’t move laterally. That’s on Manning and Koskinen.

Nope. There should have MAYBE been one goal there. They were goals because Koski badly misplayed them. He’s a decent backup, but he doesn’t move well enough to be a starter.

That’s fair. That’s been my point. Most of our forwards do **** all to help the team defensively.

space321

May 11, 2011
I need all the guys to report in who thought we beat Arizona convincingly and how we were turning a corner.

People talking about the Wild/Canucks/Dallas and how we "only" need 24 wins instead of 27+ to get a wild card spot. I wonder what makes them think we can suddenly start playing >.500 hockey for the next 40 games lmao

Reactions: DerpMorg

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Oh believe me; in this town Oilers tickets will be sold out. It's kind of like the Opera here. You buy the tickets as a status symbol regardless of the actual show that is displayed (yes, I know a lot of people like this)
Katz was buying tickets the last year at Rexall to keep his 'sold out ' streak going to fluff his market til he got into Rogers. I have club tickets I can barely get half price for some nights. Iam out next year.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I still don't understand why we continue to load up the top PP unit. It's average one at best and it relies solely on a McDavid cross-seam pass. Why do we need all of our best guys on that unit?

Running two units forces the opposing defense to adjust. We haven't changed anything in three years--even with a new head coach now. Everyone knows how we operate.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
They seriously can't complete a breakout pass (or any pass for that matter).

I know they're missing Klefbom, Russell, and Sekera; but why is the only answer provided then is to bring on Petrovic and Manning?

I like the upside of a few guys like Bouchard, Bear, and Jones, but this has been a known issue for 4 years and Chia hasn't been able to add a single established OFD over that time.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
LOOOOL carter slashes mcdavid so lucic goes after an irrelevant player.. why didnt he make carter eat his own teeth instead.. naw he picks on someone he knows wont drop the mitts and make him actually have to show some heart instead

Reactions: space321

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
He did, thats why they passed across instead of shooting right away

by your standards on Koski that was a bad goal on Talbot

He did eventually. He took forever to get back so Nurse was out of place. He needs to get back sooner to cover.

And I guess. Cam should have had that, but the difference is he had to be ready for either player to shoot.

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
They seriously can't complete a breakout pass (or any pass for that matter).

I know they're missing Klefbom, Russell, and Sekera; but why is the only answer provided then is to bring on Petrovic and Manning?

I like the upside of a few guys like Bouchard, Bear, and Jones, but this has been a known issue for 4 years and Chia hasn't been able to add a single established OFD over that time.

I still don’t see the point of us bringing in Larsson two and a half years after the trade.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I still don't understand why we continue to load up the top PP unit. It's average one at best and it relies solely on a McDavid cross-seam pass. Why do we need all of our best guys on that unit?

Running two units forces the opposing defense to adjust. We haven't changed anything in three years--even with a new head coach now. Everyone knows how we operate.

Because we only have 3 forwards good enough to play on the top unit. What are we supposed to do?

Reactions: NeverForget06
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad