Prospect Info: 2019 40th overall: Vancouver selects Nils Höglander (LW, Rögle BK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
Looks like he was trying to do a reverse ass-check and accidentally threw his arm back as he was doing it. Careless play but probably not intentional.
I agree, to me 5 games is a bit excessive (only 50 game season here) but there has been a lot of talk about headhits in Sweden so I'm not surprised. Its like that Kassian suspension when he hit Gagner, not a bad intent but a bad result.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
ive seen him do a reverse hit like that a few times in similar fashion elbows high. First few times i saw caught me off guard. i know he wants to protect himself but to me that looked intended

No doubt the arm going back was 100% intentional. I can see him doing that to "catch" the opposition player and be better able to maintain body position and possession. So maybe the elbow to the head wasn't intentional (maybe it was). Certainly careless.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Looks like he was trying to do a reverse ass-check and accidentally threw his arm back as he was doing it. Careless play but probably not intentional.

Agreed.

I usually have no trouble calling out "my players" when they do dirty shit.

This was not dirty shit, he was bracing for the hit, trying to reverse it and timed it wrong and ended up elbowing the guy.

5 games is harsh but it is what it is.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
We'd be raging if that happened to one of our players. Very reckless, and very dangerous. Earned every second of those 5 games.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012

You don't wildly swing your elbow out when you do a reverse check though.

Reactions: F A N

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
5 games and some of you agree? May i suggest a game of Tennis and a refreshment at the clubhouse after. jeesh

This was not predatory at all. Reckless yes but thats 10% of the season on a first offense. Matheson got 2 games of 82 for a predatory body slam

European rules are hilariously soft. Did you enjoy that crap they called in the U20s this past year regarding body contact i swear i may just watch football if that comes to the NHL.

Smeagoal

Jun 12, 2015
In my dreams
Uhm.. that was dirty af'. I don't know what you guys are talking about with the unintentional angle. There was an intent to injure by throwing his elbow backwards. He even looks over his shoulder then throws it lol. 5 games deserved and hopefully he learns to use his body to check into players ala. PK Subban style.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
5 games and some of you agree? May i suggest a game of Tennis and a refreshment at the clubhouse after. jeesh

This was not predatory at all. Reckless yes but thats 10% of the season on a first offense. Matheson got 2 games of 82 for a predatory body slam

European rules are hilariously soft. Did you enjoy that crap they called in the U20s this past year regarding body contact i swear i may just watch football if that comes to the NHL.
Our fan base is even softer than our team unfortunately

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Uhm.. that was dirty af'. I don't know what you guys are talking about with the unintentional angle. There was an intent to injure by throwing his elbow backwards. He even looks over his shoulder then throws it lol. 5 games deserved and hopefully he learns to use his body to check into players ala. PK Subban style.

Do you understand how fast that happened?

He is bracing for the hit / reverse checking.

Weird seeing everyone's panties in a bunch over this. Im usually the one who doesn't like the dirty stuff.

Reactions: sting101
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad